DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/521495-official-wrestling-dvd-discussion-thread-volume-4-a.html)

BrIaNMeRcY 01-19-08 03:05 PM

On the subject of blurring out the WWF Scratch Logo, on some DVD's they forgot to cover it. One instance is the Anthology sets. Here is a list of areas:

WrestleMania XV:

- Continue doing pause frames during the Hardcore Title entrances. Doing so, you will see scratch logos.

WrestleMania 2000:

- Everytime a Double Feature is shown, you can see the scratch logo.

WrestleMania X-Seven:

- Do pause frames on the Women's and WWF Championship match preview, you will see the scratch logo.

WrestleMania X-8:

- Just before Austin's entrance, the logo flickers between a WWE and WWF logo.

shacmasta 01-19-08 04:19 PM

Triple H: King of Kings to be released on March 25, 2008

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...tL._SS500_.jpg

BullGooseLoony 01-19-08 04:49 PM

I'm a little bummed that this is only going to be two discs. If anyone has enough material for three discs, it's Triple H. They might be doing it because they already had that "Triple H: The Game" DVD back in 2002. Here are some matches I'd like to see here:

-vs. Henry Godwinn - Arkansas Hog Pen Match - In Your House 5: Season's Beatings
-vs. Marc Mero - In Your House 8: Beware of Dog 2
-vs. Steve Austin - In Your House 11: Buried Alive
-vs. Mankind - King of the Ring 1997
-vs. Sgt. Slaughter - Boot Camp Match - In Your House 19: D-Generation X
-vs. The Rock - 2/3 Falls Match - Fully Loaded 1998
-vs. The Rock - Strap Match - Fully Loaded 1999
-vs. Mankind - WWF Championship - RAW, 8/23/99
-vs. Steve Austin - WWF Championship - No Mercy 1999
-vs. Cactus Jack - Street Fight for the WWF Championship - Royal Rumble 2000
-vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. The Big Show - WWF Championship - WrestleMania 2000
-vs. The Rock - Iron Man Match for the WWF Championship - Judgment Day 2000
-vs. Chris Jericho - Last Man Standing Match - Fully Loaded 2000
-vs. Chris Jericho - Undisputed Championship - WrestleMania X8
-vs. Shawn Michaels - Three Stages of Hell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Armageddon 2002
-vs. Shawn Michaels - Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Royal Rumble 2004
-vs. Randy Orton - WWE Championship - No Mercy 2007
-vs. Umaga - Street Fight - Cyber Sunday 2007

I didn't include any HIAC matches because I assume they'll all be on the HIAC DVD later this year.

doctaheath78 01-19-08 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I'm a little bummed that this is only going to be two discs. If anyone has enough material for three discs, it's Triple H. They might be doing it because they already had that "Triple H: The Game" DVD back in 2002. Here are some matches I'd like to see here:

-vs. Henry Godwinn - Arkansas Hog Pen Match - In Your House 5: Season's Beatings
-vs. Marc Mero - In Your House 8: Beware of Dog 2
-vs. Steve Austin - In Your House 11: Buried Alive
-vs. Mankind - King of the Ring 1997
-vs. Sgt. Slaughter - Boot Camp Match - In Your House 19: D-Generation X
-vs. The Rock - 2/3 Falls Match - Fully Loaded 1998
-vs. The Rock - Strap Match - Fully Loaded 1999
-vs. Mankind - WWF Championship - RAW, 8/23/99
-vs. Steve Austin - WWF Championship - No Mercy 1999
-vs. Cactus Jack - Street Fight for the WWF Championship - Royal Rumble 2000
-vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. The Big Show - WWF Championship - WrestleMania 2000
-vs. The Rock - Iron Man Match for the WWF Championship - Judgment Day 2000
-vs. Chris Jericho - Last Man Standing Match - Fully Loaded 2000
-vs. Chris Jericho - Undisputed Championship - WrestleMania X8
-vs. Shawn Michaels - Three Stages of Hell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Armageddon 2002
-vs. Shawn Michaels - Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Royal Rumble 2004
-vs. Randy Orton - WWE Championship - No Mercy 2007
-vs. Umaga - Street Fight - Cyber Sunday 2007

I didn't include any HIAC matches because I assume they'll all be on the HIAC DVD later this year.

I can't remember when but what about the HBK. Triple H match that took place on the last Raw of the year it might have been around 2002-2005.

BullGooseLoony 01-19-08 05:14 PM

It was in December 2003. That one I believe is on the new HBK DVD. Awesome, awesome match. I tried to include matches that weren't already on other sets nor on upcoming sets.

ThomaMon 01-19-08 09:18 PM

WWE.com has an article up about going HD. In it, they say they are undecided on if they will go HD-DVD or BluRay. I'm hoping the quotes are a little old and there really isn't any thought left of going with the soon to be dead, HD-DVD. If you want to read the articles, go here:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hdtvwwe

sg2386 01-19-08 10:57 PM

i am petty sure WWE will provide their ppvs, superstar and compilation dvds in Blu-ray format.

It would be awesome if WWE re-releases the Wrestlemania Complete Anthology in Blu-ray also with Royal Rumble Anthology and the future ones. It would likely probably take up about 5 discs, i would definitely double dip those.

deto 01-20-08 12:00 AM

please WWE, please release the Royal Rumble on Blu. since dish isn't carrying the Rumble in HD. and no Raw, Smackdown or ECW in HD. Damn you Dish Network. :shakes fist in air!:

lastofthewild1s 01-20-08 11:24 AM

I'm not exactly technology savvy. I have a regular television...it's not a flat screen or HD tv or anything like that. Would there be any advantage for me to watch high definition programs on it, or is it only noticable on a better tv set? Just curious.

shacmasta 01-20-08 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I'm not exactly technology savvy. I have a regular television...it's not a flat screen or HD tv or anything like that. Would there be any advantage for me to watch high definition programs on it, or is it only noticable on a better tv set? Just curious.

Nope...Sorry.

Put it this way. I have a high end HDTV Set and I'm under the assumption that even I won't be able to watch Raw in HD because my cable company (Time Warner) doesn't have a USA Network HD Feed or a SCI-FI Network HD Feed.

Basically to watch WWE HD you need....

HDTV Set (720p to 1080i or p) + HDTV Cable Reciever (Cable box) + HD Channel Feed (Ex. USA Net HD) = You Watching WWE in HD.

ShadyLPete 01-20-08 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
HDTV Set (720p to 1080i or p) + HDTV Cable Reciever (Cable box) + HD Channel Feed (Ex. USA Net HD) = You Watching WWE in HD.

hey, that sounds like me ;)

ThomaMon 01-20-08 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
hey, that sounds like me ;)

Me too.

I rented Summer Slam, Unforgiven and and No Mercy today from BlockBuster. I wonder how much they'll charge if I don't return them.

TommyD1030 01-20-08 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ThomaMon
Me too.

I rented Summer Slam, Unforgiven and and No Mercy today from BlockBuster. I wonder how much they'll charge if I don't return them.

Isn't it about $30 a piece?? Thank God I found SS for $10.

Bigjames 01-20-08 09:49 PM

Check your Blockbuster receipt it will say what the charging price per disc is.

KurtK26 01-20-08 10:11 PM

The Blockbuster talk reminds me, I psoted a thread in the trading forum the other day...
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=522802

Untitled 1 01-21-08 07:22 AM

Credit Silvervision.co.uk

UK Exclusive Steel Book WWE Royal Rumble 2008

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images...WE1189SB_L.JPG

Standard WWE Royal Rumble 2008 DVD Release

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images.../WWE1189_L.JPG

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

Royal Rumble Match
Featuring 30 superstars

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio

Chris Jericho vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Ric Flair vs. Montel Vontavious Porter

Although there are no extras announced yet, it's good to see the Steel Books continue into 2008.

throwback 01-21-08 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Untitled 1
it's good to see the Steel Books continue into 2008.

Worm thanks for the info, This is the reason why i love the R2 WWE DVD's the Awesome Steelbook Exclusives...

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
Thank God I found SS for $10.

No Offense dude but isn't this your Only WWE Blockbuster Exclusive DVD or your most Holy Grail WWE DVD? because upon noticing, it seems you always milking it on how much you got it on your every post...

As for WWE Blockbuster DVD's im still waiting for Xage's take/opinion/review on it.

TommyD1030 01-21-08 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by throwback

No Offense dude but isn't this your Only WWE Blockbuster Exclusive DVD or your most Holy Grail WWE DVD? because upon noticing, it seems you always milking it on how much you got it on your every post...

This coming from the guy who posts the same pictures on every message board that he goes to....So I don't really think you have much to talk about regarding "milking it". The only time you ever add any insight into any wrestling topics on any message board you post at is when you brag about your collection, so honestly, you have no room to speak.

BullGooseLoony 01-21-08 09:31 AM

It's a shame WWE doesn't release 2-disc sets with more of their ppvs. There are a lot of shows that have some great matches leading into them. How could would it have been if the bonus disc for "Backlash" contained Cena/Michaels II from RAW?

dx23 01-21-08 09:47 AM

TommyD1030 and throwback, please stop this petty discussion and don't ruin the thread for the rest of us. Both comments were unnecesary. Next rude, confrontational or threadcrap comments gets reported to the mods.

Aces_High 01-21-08 10:05 AM

Any word on Rumble 08 Collector's Tin edition? It'd be great if they relesed Tin editions with the 4 major shows of 08.

Also, was there a tin edition of Rumble 07? If so, what store was it exclusive to? I dont think I've seen it at FYE's.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in WWE's production studios/tape library/whatever the hell it's called. We need to recruit an insider to get us info on upcoming releases,and explanations on why certain things are cancelled or added on DVDs.

lastofthewild1s 01-21-08 10:23 AM

I think Royal Rumble 2007 only had a steel book release in the UK. To my knowledge, it wasn't released in the U.S. with a tin or steel book.
While I'm thinking about it...what's the difference between the advertised UK steel books and the US tins we've gotton from the past year? Just curious.

BullGooseLoony 01-21-08 10:32 AM

Yeah, there was no tin for Royal Rumble 2007. Since every place released WM in a tin at first, it was only SummerSlam and Survivor Series that were released as tins at FYE. I would love to see them release a tin for EVERY event, but then that might it a little less special.

shacmasta 01-21-08 04:58 PM

Thats a sweet looking wwe steelbook. Definitely tops last years.

throwback 01-21-08 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
TommyD1030 and throwback, please stop this petty discussion and don't ruin the thread for the rest of us.

No Problem bro, like i posted earlier take it w/ a No Offense comment, but seems his response was a typical stalking/inferior post towards me ;)

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
While I'm thinking about it...what's the difference between the advertised UK steel books and the US tins we've gotton from the past year? Just curious.

The US tins are a bigger,bulkier keepcase & when you do open it stores the DVD inside, While the Steelbook is much better due to it's unique (steel amaray) packaging.