Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Why would Benoit be on the 1997 Rumble anyway? He was in WCW at the time.
I think he meant 2007...
Old 02-26-08, 01:07 PM

I ment 2007 sorry was typing fast.
Old 02-26-08, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sg2386
looks like WWE on Blu-ray is confirmed, Amazon.com has a listing for WM24

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Wrestleman.../dp/B00140KWLM

the release date is Oct. 21/2008. Damn thats far!!!

Also looks like the only extra according to Silvervision for No Way Out is: Shawn Michaels congratulating Ric Flair.
This was posted like 3-4 pages back. I hope that WWE releases it earlier.

By the way I picked up the rumble Tin today at Suncoast for $17.99 with the Backstage Pass card.
Old 02-26-08, 03:40 PM
Banned

For those interested Hogan Knows Best is priced at $9.99 after a $15 off rebate at FYE:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=526135
Old 02-26-08, 05:40 PM

I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Royal Rumble and it was $24.95 by it self. I found that an outrageous price for a DVD let alone Wrestling DVD.
So I went to another city and found a K-mart and picked up the 07 and 08 pack for $14.99.
Old 02-26-08, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by monkeycat
I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Royal Rumble and it was $24.95 by it self. I found that an outrageous price for a DVD let alone Wrestling DVD.
So I went to another city and found a K-mart and picked up the 07 and 08 pack for $14.99.
I'm quite surprised Best Buy is selling it for the full price. Anyhow, I picked up the K-Mart 2-pack and the FYE Exclusive Tin (I'm keeping this one sealed.)
Old 02-26-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Thank you very much guys. I think I will go ahead and place an order with them.

Hey Shacmasta how are the cases and covers for the MLW DVDs?

Thanks again to all for their input. It is much appreciated.
Sent you a PM, But if anyone else was curious in the question.

The packaging is nothing special. The usual single disc amaray for each one. 9 separate Sealed dvd's....but, I do think 2 or 3 dvd's came un-wrapped.

The disc art/covers for the most part looks professionally done, except for reloaded tour day 1, 2 and Wargames. Nothing bad, they just look like they were printed out by any ol' inkjet printer.
Old 02-26-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to Best buy and it took me a half hour to finally get one (they never put them out), anyway, after all that I put it back on the shelf because it didn't have a sticker advertising the exclusive trading cards and the 5 other copies didn't have the sticker either, not to mention they all failed the shake test.

Which leaves me to ask the million dollar question? Anyone get a copy of the royal rumble 2008 w/trading cards, supposedly the 4th and final in the series.
Old 02-26-08, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I went to Best buy and it took me a half hour to finally get one (they never put them out), anyway, after all that I put it back on the shelf because it didn't have a sticker advertising the exclusive trading cards and the 5 other copies didn't have the sticker either, not to mention they all failed the shake test.

Which leaves me to ask the million dollar question? Anyone get a copy of the royal rumble 2008 w/trading cards, supposedly the 4th and final in the series.
Since WrestleMania 23, SummerSlam 2007, and Survivor Series 2007 all had stickers denoting such cards, I highly doubt the 2008 Royal Rumble includes them.

BTW, which Best Buy store did you go to? The one in NoHo had them out when I was there.
Old 02-26-08, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine had a sticker that said $24.95. It rang up $17.99.
Old 02-26-08, 09:42 PM

Picked up the K-Mart Rumbles for $14.99 today. They're each sealed separately with UPC codes intact. I didn't have last years yet, so it was a great deal for me. Thanks for posting the deal.
Old 02-26-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Since WrestleMania 23, SummerSlam 2007, and Survivor Series 2007 all had stickers denoting such cards, I highly doubt the 2008 Royal Rumble includes them.

BTW, which Best Buy store did you go to? The one in NoHo had them out when I was there.
The New (well relatively new) one next to Columbus circle (62nd And Broadway)

I highly doubt the 2008 Royal Rumble includes them.
Which is weird considering they had the royal rumble 2008 on the checklist as being the 4th in the series.
Old 02-27-08, 09:30 AM

Does anyone actually watch their wrestling dvd's or you just buy them to collect?
If you happen to be one of those special people who actually watches their dvd's:
Is Royal Rumble 2008 16:9 or 4:3?
Can anyone answer this simple question?
Old 02-27-08, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by poisonrulz
Does anyone actually watch their wrestling dvd's or you just buy them to collect?
If you happen to be one of those special people who actually watches their dvd's:
Is Royal Rumble 2008 16:9 or 4:3?
Can anyone answer this simple question?
The 2008 Rumble is in 4:3.

As for DVD collecting, I actually take the time to watch them.

The New (well relatively new) one next to Columbus circle (62nd And Broadway)
Been to that one. I think their Wrestling selection is okay.

Which is weird considering they had the royal rumble 2008 on the checklist as being the 4th in the series.
I guess someone has to buy it at Best Buy and report back.

Side notes about the 2008 Rumble DVD:

- Mike Adamle saying "Jeff Harvey" was edited
- Shawn Michaels bumping into the camera man isn't shown

Last edited by BrIaNMeRcY; 02-27-08 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-27-08, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by poisonrulz

oh came on i think is stupid to buy dvds only to collect and not actually watch them. I take special care with them but why not watch them? i would understand if you had to rip the case/cover to watch it...but you wont loose a thing if you open it! sometimes i dont have enough time or maybe not on the mood..i may fast forward some matches that i dont care that much, but i buy wrestling dvds cause i like to watch them. its part of the experience to watch the dvd and enjoy it. and what if your closed dvd is defective and doesnt work? you will never know. if the dvd is opened you have the proof it actually works.

seriously guys do you keep your dvds closed? whats the reason?

Last edited by JAROTO; 02-27-08 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-27-08, 02:52 PM

I have an issue with my wal-mart and I was hoping some on could help me resolve it.
My local wal-mart never puts their wrestling DVD's out the shelves on there street dates.

Here is a list of every DVD they haven’t put out on street date(None of this has been over exaggerated).

GAB 2007-I didn’t see on shelves till September
No Mercy 2007-2 Weeks till they had on shelves
John Cena My Life-1 Day because I asked which prompted them to find it in the back.
The Shawn Michaels Story-Week delay
Cyber Sunday 2007-took 13 days for it to hit shelves.
Triumph and Tragedy WCCW-I did not see it for six weeks, after Raw 15 Anniversary was released.
Raw 15th Anniversery-10 Days for it to be on shelves
Survivor Series 2007-10 Days for it to be on shelves
Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin-Don't if they put it up
and
The Royal Rumble-They did not put it up.
Here's what the tell me "O' that one, we can't find in the back"
Is there any thing I can do or contact, to get my Wal-mart to be consistent?
Old 02-27-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
- Mike Adamle saying "Jeff Harvey" was edited
I knew they would, but I was still hoping they'd miss it...that was a funny mistake.
Old 02-27-08, 04:49 PM

I have an issue with my wal-mart and I was hoping some on could help me resolve it.
My local wal-mart never puts their wrestling DVD's out the shelves on there street dates.

Here is a list of every DVD they haven’t put out on street date(None of this has been over exaggerated).

GAB 2007-I didn’t see on shelves till September
No Mercy 2007-2 Weeks till they had on shelves
John Cena My Life-1 Day because I asked which prompted them to find it in the back.
The Shawn Michaels Story-Week delay
Cyber Sunday 2007-took 13 days for it to hit shelves.
Triumph and Tragedy WCCW-I did not see it for six weeks, after Raw 15 Anniversary was released.
Raw 15th Anniversery-10 Days for it to be on shelves
Survivor Series 2007-10 Days for it to be on shelves
Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin-Don't if they put it up
and
The Royal Rumble-They did not put it up.
Here's what the tell me "O' that one, we can't find in the back"
Is there any thing I can do or contact, to get my Wal-mart to be consistent?
I'm not sure if you would complain to that particular store's management or go to the corporate level to do it. I know my local Wal-Mart's are usually very good about having things out on street date and sometimes even before street date. If you file a complaint at the corporate level, make sure you know the store's number. Each store is assigned a number like one I worked for when I was younger was "store #319". I think their register receipts have the store number listed on them. It sounds to me like that store you're referring to isn't run very well, so maybe a corporate complaint would be the best way to go.
Old 02-27-08, 04:53 PM

I got the Rumble tin today. I'm happy with the tin, but that sleeve around it kind of sucks. I can see it being a problem to keep looking nice without getting wrinkled. No harsh complaints here though. As long as they keep the tins coming, I'm buying. And yes, I opened mine and will be watching it tonight...lol
Old 02-27-08, 04:58 PM

Just to let people know all my dvds have been opened and watched, and to touch on the wal-mart thing, asking about stuff not being there is like pulling teeth, that was my experince with one wal-mart, but the other wal-mart which a little further from me is where I go now as they always have the wwe dvds out on or before the street date, I guess it just depends on the store or area maybe.
Old 02-27-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I got the Rumble tin today. I'm happy with the tin, but that sleeve around it kind of sucks. I can see it being a problem to keep looking nice without getting wrinkled. No harsh complaints here though. As long as they keep the tins coming, I'm buying. And yes, I opened mine and will be watching it tonight...lol
Yeah, I kind of agree. I made sure to pick up a copy that had the sleeve in good condition,, and I'm very ocd about my dvds, so I know it will be in good shape, but it looks like the kind of ad-on that you toss when you get home, which is what I thought about doing.

The tin itself, though, is really nice looking. It's probably my favorite looking of the four WWE ppv tins.
Old 02-27-08, 06:48 PM

If anyone cares silvervision is running a special on some of the wwe tagged classics dvds for 9.99 uk dollars.

Which for me I cannot buy because I live in The state of michigan, and I don't want to buy through amazon, or the other site to get these dvds. Shipping is so expensive and it makes me mad. I sell stuff on ebay and I shop over seas and sorry to say it usually only cost me like 10 dollars to ship like 5 or 6 dvds.

Can someone who lives overseas help a brother out in getting these tagged classics.
Old 02-27-08, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JAROTO
...its part of the experience to watch the dvd and enjoy it. and what if your closed dvd is defective and doesnt work? you will never know. if the dvd is opened you have the proof it actually works.

seriously guys do you keep your dvds closed? whats the reason?
I was thinking the same thing...The Ric Flair first release defect issue comes to mind and the missing Vengeance 2003 insert UPC redemption for the collectors box comes to mind too.

Also dont forget about the original WrestleMania Anthology release where most sets had 2 to 3 discs that would skip or not play certain chapters. The WM issue was obviously a large problem if WWE set up a separate customer service section just to field those calls. It took me 3 tries to get a WM 13 from WWE that actualy worked. Especially being the more expensive leather edition, I want to make sure things work if I shell out that much money for something.

If you never open a disc and then one day decide to open it or sell it and it doesnt work and its oop, you are basically screwed (unless you look for a used copy and we all know how much fun/frustrating that is if its oop).
Old 02-27-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ive been to 4 bestbuy stores.. with a lot of Royal Rumable running at $17.99 sale tag however

NO 4/4 EXCLUSIVE CARDS?
Old 02-27-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Ive been to 4 bestbuy stores.. with a lot of Royal Rumable running at $17.99 sale tag however

NO 4/4 EXCLUSIVE CARDS?
Another exclusive/promotion is discontinued for one reason or another right before completion.Thanks genius products.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.