Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Finally!! Battlestar Galactica Season 3---March 25

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by obispo21
Of course they'll probably release the whole series in HD at the end... and I'll probably give in and buy it - Oooff...
I'd guess it'll go down like this: (1) Standard DVD season sets continue to be released; (2) followed by HD DVD sets months later; (3) followed by a compete series on standard DVD with lots of additional bells and whistles a few months after the season 4 HD DVD set; (4) followed by the entire series on HD DVD, a few months after that.
Old 01-04-08, 09:58 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

About fucking time, I've only been watching them on DVD as I've missed them on TV.
Old 01-04-08, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom
According to TVShowsonDVD.com, "The Resistance" is included, though it's listed on disc 2, which really doesn't make sense as they are meant to be watched before Occupation/Precipice.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...-3-Extras/8723

If you're watching S3 for the first time on DVD, be sure to watch these webisodes before you start the regular season episodes.
When am I supposed to watch Razor? Reading about its flashbacks makes its position in the Battlestar Galactica time line confusing.
Old 01-04-08, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I watched Razor already w/o having seen anything from S3 and I don't believe anything was spoiled.
Old 01-04-08, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by wergo
They REALLY want us to buy this now and then wait impatiently to re-buy it again on HD?
They couldn't just put out a combo SD-DVD/HD-DVD set?

Still, glad to FINALLY have it available. I had no idea I'd have to wait a whole YEAR for it to come out when the episodes first aired. That's just inexcusable.
Trust me, with all the packaging problems Universal had with the first HD set, you don't want to compound the problems with Combo discs.

fitprod
Old 01-05-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkdc
When am I supposed to watch Razor? Reading about its flashbacks makes its position in the Battlestar Galactica time line confusing.
Its "present day" scenes (there are two different flashback time periods: 40 years ago, and the attack taking place during the miniseries), but it's otherwise set between The Captain's Hand and Downloaded during the latter half of season 2. There are some minor revelations about a certain character that really come into play during the last half of season 3, and some people say it spoils that, but not really, not if you've been paying attention to the meta-story of nuBSG.
Old 01-05-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the insight regarding 'where' Razor falls in the timeline.

I just received Razor and was trying to avoid watching it until after watching Season 3. Since there are only minor spoilers, I'll watch it. I'm OK with some spoilers, not too many though.
Old 01-26-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TVshowsondvd is reporting the release date has been bumped up to the 18th of March, so that's some good news for a change.
Old 01-27-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of my favorite shows! Can't wait for this for the extras!
Hope they will still release them on HD!
Old 02-12-08, 04:36 PM

Looks like this is going to be a steelbook release

I've never seen a TV series released in a steelbook?
Old 02-12-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
I'd guess it'll go down like this: (1) Standard DVD season sets continue to be released; (2) followed by HD DVD sets months later; (3) followed by a compete series on standard DVD with lots of additional bells and whistles a few months after the season 4 HD DVD set; (4) followed by the entire series on HD DVD, a few months after that.
Ha. ha. Except your timeline extends about a year beyond the lifespan of HD.
Old 02-12-08, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Paddy963

weird. how are they going to fit six discs in? i guess it's possible. 2 on each of the sides, and then 2 in the a flipper in the middle? either that or it'll be a special-sized steelbook, or maybe split into two steelbooks. who knows... i think it'd prefer standard box though as it fits better alongside the other seasons on the shelf.
Old 02-12-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've seen a five-disc Steelbook, so this is definitely feasible. It was set up basically how shyguy described above. Weird choice for a Steelbook though.
Old 02-13-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I've seen a five-disc Steelbook, so this is definitely feasible. It was set up basically how shyguy described above. Weird choice for a Steelbook though.
i agree, bizarre choice for a steelbook. this is also a pet peeve of mine - i do not understand why a company cannot keep packaging the same throughout the run of a series.
Old 02-13-08, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paddy963

Band of Brothers was in a tin... I don't know if that counts as a "steelbook" or not though.
Old 02-13-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm surprised that Six gets such a huge profile on the artwork.
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but heavily-featured babes on the cover is never a surprise...

It's just like the "huge head" syndrome. They're designed to encourage retail space impulse buying, targeted essentially to 20-year-old males of average or less brainpower.
Old 02-13-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kms_md
i agree, bizarre choice for a steelbook. this is also a pet peeve of mine - i do not understand why a company cannot keep packaging the same throughout the run of a series.
Based on the link it appears that it's only exclusive to Futureshop (and perhaps Bestbuy in the states?). Hopefully that is the case to maintain consistency with the rest of the series. A steelbook for one season only is just downright stupid, but it also doesn't surprise me.

Otherwise, I'm just looking very forward to finally getting season 3 period. It could be saran wrapped for all I care.
Old 02-13-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wergo
They REALLY want us to buy this now and then wait impatiently to re-buy it again on HD?
They couldn't just put out a combo SD-DVD/HD-DVD set?
Originally Posted by Peep
Ha. ha. Except your timeline extends about a year beyond the lifespan of HD.
Yeah. Blu-ray will be the format by then. Perhaps Universal is hesitating in anticipation of HD-DVD finally dying.

I'm in for the rental. Just want to be caught up through Razor by the time the new (final?) season starts!
Old 02-13-08, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,043 Posts
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Battles...-Season-4/8990

From TVShowsonDVD

Because the fourth (and final) season of BSG is likely going to have a split due to the strike, Universal appears to be already planning on splitting the DVDs like Season 2 was done.

I know how many people disliked the 2.0 and 2.5 releases, so I thought I'd let you get your complaining out of the way early

Hopefully Universal will take a hint from last time though and lower the MSRP a bit on the two halfsies.
Old 03-18-08, 08:38 PM
Cool New Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone picked up the steelbook today and how the whole set up looks. If you have pics, please post!
Old 03-19-08, 07:55 PM

howwon posted them here. it's like i thought it would be. kinda cool-looking, but i think i prefer the six slim-cases in a box that's standard.
Old 03-19-08, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Hopefully Universal will take a hint from last time though and lower the MSRP a bit on the two halfsies.
Yeah, I don't mind them splitting the seasons, but when they're charging $40 for season 3 and the same price for 2.5 with half as many disks, it's a ripoff.

They should charge half the price! Season 2.5 should be $20 (MSRP), not $40!!!
Old 03-19-08, 09:28 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
howwon posted them here. it's like i thought it would be. kinda cool-looking, but i think i prefer the six slim-cases in a box that's standard.
Thanks for the link shyguy. I actually really dig the steelbook case. The only gripe I have is not having the episode description fit easily in the case.
Old 03-20-08, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why did it have to be six slim cases. NCIS packs six discs in three slim cases and each season takes up a lot less space on the shelf.
Old 03-20-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Got mine yesterday from Amazon. The promo on Disc 1 for Season 4 says coming in March. Isn't Season 4 starting in April? Universal didn't have time to correct this? They've had a whole year to put this season out on DVD!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.