Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Groundhog Day (15Th Anniversary Edition)= 1/29/08

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Groundhog Day (15Th Anniversary Edition)= 1/29/08

Old 12-18-07, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of 15th anniversaries I'm suprised that Columbia/Tri-Star didn't release a 15th anniversary dvd for A Few Good Men in '07. Just like Groundhog Day that would have made the third time for its release.
Old 12-18-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bill looks like he's got the eyes of Shannen Doherty...
Old 12-18-07, 09:58 PM

Awesome! Groundhog Day is a classic!
Old 12-19-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Forget Better Off Dead. this cover is just plain atrocious. There is nothing even mildly good-looking, likable or appealing about it. This is by far the worst DVD cover I've ever seen for a major studio, well-known movie.
I still think Revenge of the Nerds: Panty Raid Edition tops it...but only by a hair. And it's definitely worse than Real Genius which I thought would hold that 2nd spot forever. Just think, someone who's considered a professional artist got paid to create that mess...and someone else who was hired for their business savvy actually approved it.
Old 12-26-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Every few days I take another look at the art for this upcoming disc, hoping it'll look better than the last time.

Nope....
Old 02-02-08, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone pick this up? I'm thinking about getting the Bill Murray 3-Pack which has the last release of Groundhog day and I'm wondering if this new Anniversary version is really worth getting separate.
Old 02-02-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://dvdmg.com/groundhogday15.shtml

In terms of recommendations, one becomes easy. Folks who don’t already own either of the prior Groundhog Day DVDs should snag this 15th Anniversary release, as it’s the best of the bunch. If you only have the old bare-bones disc, get this one as well.

If you own the 2002 Special Edition, I’d still recommend the 2008 release, though not as whole-heartedly. The 15th Anniversary discs adds a few decent extras; it doesn’t pour own the supplements, but it presents a smattering of nice elements unique to this set. The bigger attraction comes from the improved transfer, though, as the 15th Anniversary DVD looks noticeably better than its 2002 predecessor. I don’t know if this is a “night and day” difference worthy of a fresh purchase, but I think anyone who upgrades to the 2008 disc will be happy they did so.
I picked it up at CH, just got it in the mail earlier today.

I despise the cover though, holy crap is it bad.
Old 02-02-08, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Imail724
Anyone pick this up? I'm thinking about getting the Bill Murray 3-Pack which has the last release of Groundhog day and I'm wondering if this new Anniversary version is really worth getting separate.
I bought it, but I haven't had a chance to watch it completely yet. Seems to have a new featurette or two, but one of those is about groundhogs, which has very little to do with the movie... I mean this isn't Finding Nemo. The cover does suck, but the deleted scenes and extra featurette might make it worthwhile. Is this supposed to be a new transfer?
Old 02-03-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
Just watched the 2002 SE last night on my new 57" DLP and thought the transfer was pretty darn good. No DD for me.
Old 02-04-08, 02:36 PM

Thanks, I think I'll just get the 3-pack by itself.
Old 02-05-08, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i saw this on the shelves the other day, and actually passed on it because of the lame duck artwork. i know, it's only the cover, but jeez, what a sh*tty cover.