Rate My DVD Collection

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Rate My DVD Collection

Originally Posted by paradicelost
Its been awhile since I've put up mine, so here you go.
http://jase991.dvdaf.com/owned
Trade in or sell off some things you have dupes of. I noticed you had a couple of Evil Dead II blu-rays and you also had the Ghostbusters I/II pack but you also had Ghostbusters II separately. This is coming from someone that's always running out of space to put things.

If it's your personal collection, there's too many kids and anime things for my taste but if it's a family collection, it's similar to mine.
Old 02-12-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Trade in or sell off some things you have dupes of. I noticed you had a couple of Evil Dead II blu-rays and you also had the Ghostbusters I/II pack but you also had Ghostbusters II separately. This is coming from someone that's always running out of space to put things.

If it's your personal collection, there's too many kids and anime things for my taste but if it's a family collection, it's similar to mine.
It is a family collection and I do try to get rid of dupes( except for Re-Animator, I'm a fanatic when it comes to that, I actually still have the 10th anniversary Elite LD), but I am with you, i have limited space so if i get a blu I usually get rid of the SD version(or i just move it to my daughters' dvd shelf in their room). I haven't updated it in a few months, I know I sold my original blu of Clockwork Orange and gave away my special edition dvd of My Bloody Valentine since i have the blu-ray.
Old 02-12-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
We seem to have alot of the same SciFi/Fantasy/Horror DVDs, but since those are my favorite genres, we have little else in common. All in all it seems a well rounded collection, but that's coming from someone who doesn't amass many beyond their chosen genres. Maybe others whose tastes are more like yours (or wider in variety than mine) will pipe in with their thoughts? -kd5-
Very nice collection, I noticed Farscape and Lexx, are those worth getting into. I've seen the pilot for Farscape on Sci-fi network years ago but haven't given it a chance since then.
Old 02-12-12, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone care to rate?

http://drew4824.dvdaf.com/
Old 02-12-12, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paradicelost
Very nice collection, I noticed Farscape and Lexx, are those worth getting into. I've seen the pilot for Farscape on Sci-fi network years ago but haven't given it a chance since then.
I'd check out different episodes throughout the series. It seemed to have changed from when it was on Showtime or Cinemax to when it aired on Syfy. It made almost zero sense to me and the only redeeming factor was boobs when it was on the pay channel.
Old 02-12-12, 09:08 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Farscape was a good series, had a decent story arc, the suits killed it before they had a chance to finish but they let them come back and do a 3 hr. miniseries to give the series closure because the fans raised holy hell about it. A decent investment... -kd5-
Old 02-13-12, 07:14 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

LEXX was an odd series, not necessarily bad, just odd. It developed a following as well and has a lot of fans. I bought Season 1 (consisting of 4 movie length episodes) because Target had it for $5, on sale for $4.75, and I couldn't pass it up. As far as owning the rest of the series, I think I'd rather own Andromeda (if I could ever find it for a reasonable enough price). -kd5-
Old 02-13-12, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm guessing my 536 title collection is small too? lol
Old 02-13-12, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trance97
Numbers don't mean everything. Your collection could be great in means of quality.
In other words, if your collection satisfies you then that should be all that matters.
Old 02-13-12, 05:39 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trance97
Originally Posted by supermike07
Numbers don't mean everything. Your collection could be great in means of quality.
In other words, if your collection satisfies you then that should be all that matters.

I agree. Numbers really don't mean anything. I have 589 DVDs, 600 titles, I have practically everything I've ever wanted with the exception of just a very few that are either OOP or still going for WAY more than what I want to pay for them. I like my collection, and that's all that really matters to me. If anyone were to rate my collection, they would probably not be altogether impressed as my chosen genres are limited to SciFi/Fantasy & Horror (with just a smattering of Action, Comedy & Drama for good measure), and most people's tastes may be decidedly different than mine. It doesn't mean it's a bad collection, it just means it's mine. -kd5-