DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Anyone here actually on dvd (via a concert, extra in a movie, ect) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/517376-anyone-here-actually-dvd-via-concert-extra-movie-ect.html)

Rypro 525 11-15-07 08:52 PM

Anyone here actually on dvd (via a concert, extra in a movie, ect)

thread title says it all. Ever happen to go to a concert, or something like that, and then it turns out that its being filmed for a dvd.
The new All That Remains dvd simply called "Live" features my idiot mug. Right after the "directed by.." card, you can see me looking around a corner, and a friend of mine's back, to show the outside of the club before the show. Also, i can be seen crowd surfing at the end of the song "This Calling". I am also on a couple of ROH wrestling dvd's mainly throughout the "Death before dishonor V night 2" event, since i had front row, and my back to the hard cam.
Maybe a little later tonight, i'll post screen caps.

Darkgod 11-15-07 09:07 PM

Im not seen but Im an extra is War of the Worlds. Im a Security guy in one JAPW dvd.

TheKing 11-15-07 09:38 PM

I appear very briefly in the 2002 World Series DVD, and possibly in the Wrestlemania IX and 2000 DVD's. And while I don't own it, I appear in an episode of the Man Show, as I was in the audience once and briefly got on camera.

I was at a baseball game back in the 90's where they recorded the "Rudy" chant for the movie Rudy, and another where they filmed the "Angel Wave" for Angels In The Outfield. So in theory, I kind of appear in those movies.

cupcake jesus 11-15-07 09:42 PM

I was at the U2 shows they filmed for the Elevation Tour Boston DVD. I was also at an Alice in Chains show that they said was going to be released on DVD. That was Halloween 2006, so I'm not sure what happened to that.

cheers,

-the Jesus

Geddlo 11-15-07 09:49 PM

I woulda said no at first then remembered I am on a bunch of RoH dvds as we normally sit front row.

I sat 2nd row at WcW Nitro and was on tv the whole night. That was a fun night. I remember my friend and me calling everyone we knew to watch Nitro that night. First (and only) time we ever scalped tickets. A third friend was supposed to come but bailed at the last minute and you can see us at one point of the show waving and saying hello to the guy that bailed on us. H e was rather jealous and upset the next day at work suffice to say.

lmwong1977 11-15-07 09:57 PM

I might be on the upcoming Third Eye Blind DVD from the SF Fillmore concert they filmed earlier this year since I was only 3 rows back from the stage. But who knows how long that'll take to actually come out, I'm still waiting for album 4.

My sister was a background person on Made in America. But I don't think you can make her out on it but I ever got thru the whole movie to see. haha

majorjoe23 11-15-07 10:35 PM

I may be in Michael Moore's The Big One, I've never bothered to freeze frame it and check. There's an indie film coming out at some point that I was an extra in.

FusionX 11-15-07 11:07 PM

I'm on a ton of ROH DVDs in the front row, tons of IWA-MS shows in the front row, a few Chikara shows front row. I was interviewed by Grindhouse when they debuted their Cannibal Holocaust print in Cherry Hill, but I don't think the interviews ever made the DVDs.

Edison 11-15-07 11:29 PM

I'm in The Reluctant Agent as an extra which I just realized was released on DVD about a month ago (off to order a copy), and I was also an extra in Oliver Stones Born on the 4th of July but there were a lot of extras so I doubt I could be seen.

Rypro 525 11-15-07 11:45 PM

Oh and here's me at the ATR show
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...p108565at6.jpg
I am also quite happy to say that i wore a shirt that didn't get blurred like the guy behind me (he had a jegermeister shirt on)
me crowd surfing
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2...p115093ag7.jpg

dcrw6 11-16-07 12:36 AM

Not myself personally, but my friend is on one of Roger Water's concert dvds.

Living Dead 11-16-07 01:47 AM

If anyone here has actually seen "Nice Guys Sleep Alone", I played the inbred country hick 'Little Rufus' in that movie. It was basically a small featured role with no dialogue. The film came through Louisville, Kentucky when I lived there back in 1999 and I auditioned on a dare and actually got cast. It was a fun experience.

I don't think the movie ever received a full theatrical wide release, but it played on cable for years.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-...eenCapture.jpg

That's me with the fake beard stubble and bad teeth. I still have the fake teeth... they actually molded them to fit my mouth, so I got to keep them.

But the coolest thing was getting to hang out with William Sanderson for three days. He played my father. I got him talking about Blade Runner at one point... man, that was awesome.

jdslater1 11-16-07 02:21 AM

I'm in the audience shots of "An Evening with Kevin Smith" in London. I was there with my brother and best friend.
So technically I'm in the same film as Kevin Smith.

Heat 11-16-07 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Living Dead
If anyone here has actually seen "Nice Guys Sleep Alone", I played the inbred country hick 'Little Rufus' in that movie...

That's cool, if I run across it I'll give the movie a shot.

Out of curiosity, did they pay you anything? And how was the fake beard attached to your face?

toddly6666 11-16-07 03:06 AM

10 years ago, when I was in Argentina at a soccer game, I was surprised that I was filmed in the soccer highlights on tv later when they showed shots of the crowd/riots after the game...wish I had a tape of it...

n.phelge 11-16-07 05:43 AM

There is a quick shot of me in the stands at the very end of Teen Wolf. :rolleyes:

Toad 11-16-07 06:48 AM

If Letterman shows ever make it to DVD, I'll revisit this and say "yes."

Interesting to see yourself on TV, isn't it?

Snowmaker 11-16-07 06:54 AM

My name is in the credits of Clerks II.

JCWBobC 11-16-07 07:27 AM

Not me but one of my best friends was an extra in a ton of movies.

In Quick Change you can see him walking out of the airport when Bill Murray walks in. In the Associate, with Whoopi Goldberg, you can see standing on line in the bank, then walking past the window going one way, and then walking past the window going the opposite way.
He was in the big riot scene in Last Exit to Brooklyn.
He was in the picture in Premiere magazine from the set of Cadillac Man but I don't think he made it on screen.
He was in the park scene of City Hall.
He was Johnny B's stand-in on the Jerky Boys movie and was in a scene near the end. He said they didn't get along the whole movie and as soon as the scene ended would walk off in different directions.
His car can be seen in Ransom but I don't think you see him.

Their are a lot more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

haleyxvader 11-16-07 07:37 AM

Im into hardcore music and Im in a bunch of DVDs for bands and fests; Champion's last show, Make Or Break, Posi Fest, TIFY, etc

The Bus 11-16-07 07:39 AM

I'm thanked in the credits of a movie.

I'm also (possibly) in a music video for Jurassic 5. I'd have to slo-mo it to check, and I never had a DVR when the video used to air.

JackBurton 11-16-07 07:43 AM

My father can be seen in John Lennon: Sweet Toronto / Keep on Rockin'. He's near the stage when Chuck Berry plays Johnny B. Good. Pretty cool to seem him at a 1969 concert.

Bandit03 11-16-07 07:59 AM

You can see me in the stands for one of the football games in Any Given Sunday.

seltzer77 11-16-07 08:03 AM

Mostly wrestling dvds (Wrestlemania 15 bonus feature, Wrestlemania 20 crowd shots, Rise & Fall of ECW, a few of the ECW event dvds, a bunch of Ring of Honor and JAPW dvds as well), but I am also on Lisa Lamponelli's stand up dvd "The Queen Of Mean," as I was interviewed before and after the show.

JeffreyLebowski 11-16-07 08:22 AM

I was an extra in Robert Altman's "The Company" in the scene where Neve Campbell is dancing on stage at the Petrillo Bandshell in Grant Park. I bought the DVD and can be seen in 3-4 shots. Pretty neat experience too...got to "meet" Robert Altman and sat about 5ft away from Malcolm McDowell.