Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Family Guy Presents: Blue Harvest (01/15/2008)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Family Guy Presents: Blue Harvest (01/15/2008)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Especially for 23 (or 35!) dollars. I mean, maybe $10 would be reasonable.
But c'mon it will "include more than four minutes of exclusive DVD material".

Seriously, I love Family Guy and own all of the season sets, but sometimes I feel a bit like Seth is trying to milk the fan's while the milkin's good. Maybe the fact they got canceled left a bitter taste in his mouth and he's afraid he has to cash in while he can.

I refuse to buy these stand alone episode DVDs because I know they will be included in the sets. I know The Simpsons and South Park do the same thing but I guess I thought Seth would have more respect for the fans that allowed him to come back.
Old 11-08-07, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not necesssarily Seth. I mean, Fox trails in the re-release department only behind Sony.
Old 11-08-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Yeah. I don't think Seth has that much control over Family Guy DVD releases. It's really in Fox's hands.
Old 11-08-07, 12:58 AM

I honestly cannot believe Fox is releasing this. I've got this recorded on my DVR! Why in the hell would I pay $20 for it? It's a single 45-minute episode!!! This is crazy!! The Stewie Griffin story was at least feature length (88 minutes). And they ended up showing that on TV as a season finale later on! I can't believe that anyone would actually consider paying full price for this.
Old 11-08-07, 06:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
If they were really clever, one of those trading cards will spoof the C-3PO penis card.
If they were really clever.
They haven't been clever for several years now.

But nice reference to that error card.......
Old 11-08-07, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll wait until this episode is released as part of a season set.
Old 11-08-07, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Family Guy fans are some of the most abused around, as Fox is constantly going through their pockets for more money.

The whole split-season release schedule is ridiculous, leaving us with seven releases for just five seasons.
Old 11-08-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the Stewie movie also included on a DVD set? I have not picked up Vol 5.
Old 11-08-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No the Stewie movie has not appeared in episode form on any Family Guy volume.
Old 11-08-07, 08:17 AM

I actually may get this. I don't own any of the FG season sets and probably never will. But I love Star Wars and this was a pretty good spoof. So, I would be glad to add this to the collection.
Old 11-08-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
I never liked Star Wars, but I did find this to be funny. Although, I feel I will need to re-watch it a few times to "get it". I will buy it, since I have always been a FG fan. Now do I need the special edition, no probably not. But the additions do look kind of cool.

In reference to FG fans getting screwed, I have to agree to disagree. On the one hand, Fox is trying to milk it, but on the other, FG fans and Star Wars fans are the same, the bitch and bitch but end up buying it anyways. I am also not totally sold on the Seth has a bitter taste argument. If anything he is probably angry at Fox, not the fans. The fans was the reason the show came back...and I get the feeling he loves them for it.
Old 11-08-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I found this to be funny, but keeping it on my DVR is fine.
Old 11-08-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,407 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I don't have any of the season sets, but I have the Friggin Sweet Collection and I'll eventually get around to geting the Stewie movie DVD and I have to say I'm more impressed with the effort they're putting into the deluxe edition than anything Lucas has done with the SW flicks.

I may have to pick that up if I have any after-Christmas money left.
Old 12-05-07, 11:07 AM
Banned

Old 12-05-07, 03:34 PM

Like many others, I agree the single disc edition does seem ridiculous to own but the Special Edition does look pretty nice with all that extra stuff. For $25 bucks from amazon I'd think it's worth getting, since I won't be getting the season boxset as I find this shows quality has really degraded on the whole, but this episode was pretty funny in my opinion.

LINK:
http://www.amazon.com/Family-Guy-Har...6890352&sr=8-1
Old 12-05-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I'll wait until this episode is released as part of a season set.
Originally Posted by ceeece
I actually may get this. I don't own any of the FG season sets and probably never will. But I love Star Wars and this was a pretty good spoof. So, I would be glad to add this to the collection.
I guess they're releasing it separately to appeal to ALL fans. Those who dig only Family Guy and those who dig only Star Wars.

I can totally understand it from a business standpoint. You'll have Star Wars fans who don't like the show, or like it but don't buy the show on DVD...release it on a single disc for the price of the entire season and it'll still sell to a Family Guy "non-fan".

AND, Star Wars fans seem to be pretty rabid with their "completist" mentality. Lottery tickets were solid around the release of Ep 3. 'Nuff said.
Old 12-05-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hotsexyboi
Don't mean to sound rude but this is freakin' STUPID! They are just trying to make money which clearly shows they are desperate. UGH!
How dare they try to make money. What is Fox, a corporation or something?
Old 12-05-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 7Keys
How dare they try to make money. What is Fox, a corporation or something?
Not just a corporation, but an EEEEVIL corporation. They are Faux after all.

[Tim Robbins] Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money. [/Tim Robbins]
Old 12-05-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I'll pick it up for $2.50 or $5 used a few weeks after release (the local used store had about 20 copies of the Stewie Griffin movie shortly after it came out, since people were dumping it like mad)

In all honesty, it was only the second Family Guy episode I've ever seen that made me laugh more than once or twice.
Old 01-10-08, 05:31 PM

I know that a lot of you out there aren't too enthusiastic about this release, but for those of you who are, I just preordered the special edition this morning (I'm a sucker for all of that bonus crap) at BestBuy.com and I've already received a shipping notification. That's pretty early for Best Buy who usually ships on the street date.
Old 01-10-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tempting (for the extras), but as I already have this on DVD (recorded from the original broadcast), I don't know that I'm willing to spend $12.99 (current price at Best Buy). As always, that's $12.99 for something I know I want.

--THX
Old 01-10-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
what's on the second disc? i rented this from my job and all the special features are on disc 1. is the digital download the sole special feature on disc 2?
Old 01-10-08, 08:08 PM
crs

Originally Posted by The Monkees
what's on the second disc? i rented this from my job and all the special features are on disc 1. is the digital download the sole special feature on disc 2?
Yes.
Old 01-10-08, 08:27 PM

saw 2 special edition copies on the shelf at the meyerland Circuit City in houston if anyones interested. $34.99
Old 01-10-08, 08:38 PM
Cool New Member

Kind of stupid to pay this much just for roughly 45 minutes and only one episode, especially since volume 3 4 and 5 are on sale at fyc for under this price!

None the less, I am a huge family guy fan and will be picking up the special edition Tuesday at best buy for $24.99.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.