DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   When Harry Met Sally : Collector's Edition 1-15-2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/516221-when-harry-met-sally-collectors-edition-1-15-2008-a.html)

Frenzal Rhomb 11-03-07 07:19 PM

When Harry Met Sally : Collector's Edition 1-15-2008

According to DVDEmpire, a new Collector's Edition is coming out for this one. Wonder what else they could bring that wasn't on the first special edition..

TheMovieman 11-03-07 07:21 PM

Other than maybe a commentary from Billy Crystal and/or Meg Ryan, I think I'll pass on this double dip.

chris_sc77 11-03-07 07:24 PM

yeah i saw that they removed the regular edition from columbiahouse.com when i tried to order it a few days ago and that they have a new version coming out.

MTRodaba2468 11-04-07 01:12 AM

Outtake of Rob Reiner performing the orgasm scene = SOLD

Just wishful speculation, of course. :)

Trevor 11-04-07 08:23 AM

I'm predicting that it will be a fantastic upgrade that will make everyone want to upgrade.

The reason? I had the original release unopened for years. Finally opened it recently.

dvduser6 11-04-07 11:45 AM

I'll only upgrade if it's the "Don't F*ck with Mr. Zero" edition...

RobCA 11-06-07 02:22 PM

According to Movies Unlimited, the new release will have "audio commentary by Crystal, Reiner, more". I love this movie, but probably won't double dip, unless there are some new extras I just can't pass up.

Rob

Giles 11-06-07 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jippy
I'll only upgrade if it's the "Don't F*ck with Mr. Zero" edition...

or

'You Made a Woman Meow? Edition.

matome 11-06-07 03:31 PM

LOL, I haven't even opened my Special Edition yet.

Drexl 11-06-07 03:37 PM

I hope it at least got a new transfer, just to bode well for a BD release at some point.

Pizza 11-06-07 07:21 PM

Instead of 1/15 I think it would have been cool if the release date was on New Years Eve.

tofferman 11-06-07 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I hope it at least got a new transfer, just to bode well for a BD release at some point.

That's the most important reason for me to upgrade, though I'm sure my wife wouldn't care if it were on SD or BD.

fargus 11-06-07 08:16 PM

Outtake of Rob Reiner performing the orgasm scene = SOLD
I wouldn't mind seeing Craig Ferguson's parody skit of that scene starring him as Sean Connery and Michael Caine again... was hilarious.

BrokebackMike 11-07-07 06:01 AM

Am I the only one who noticed the words and lips not matching up during some scenes, like the Meg Ryan crying fit scene with her throwing the kleenex all over the place? I had never noticed this before, but when I watched my DVD with a friend over a year ago it was easily noticeable and really distracting. Was it the transfer? If so, I wonder if this new CE will have the same problem. If not I just might upgrade.

TGM 11-07-07 07:24 AM

sorta off topic, but does anyone know why Billy Crystal and Bruno Kirby had a falling out??

Giles 11-07-07 08:59 AM

wasn't one of the editions an extended cut of the film - the current SE? will the CE be the same cut?

ThatGuamGuy 11-07-07 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
sorta off topic, but does anyone know why Billy Crystal and Bruno Kirby had a falling out??

I remember an article around the time that Kirby died... if I remember it right, Crystal was upset that Kirby declined to appear in the 'City Slickers' sequel.

ScottsdaleSaint 11-07-07 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
I remember an article around the time that Kirby died... if I remember it right, Crystal was upset that Kirby declined to appear in the 'City Slickers' sequel.

probably right. stars can't stand when their peers have more sense than they do.