DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Newhart plus Larry and his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl coming in 2008? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/515734-newhart-plus-larry-his-brother-daryl-his-other-brother-daryl-coming-2008-a.html)

bigjim25 10-29-07 11:58 AM

Newhart + Larry & his brother Daryl & his other brother Daryl - S1 coming 02/26/08!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...HL._SS500_.jpg
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/New...s-Release/8536
Retail $39.98 for 22 episodes on 3 DVDs.
This was always my favorite Bob Newhart show. :up:

1. In the Beginning... First aired: 10/25/1982
Dick and Joanna Loudon purchase the Stratford Inn, a remnant of colonial times in scenic Vermont. Their caretaker, George Utley, and his family have tended the inn for decades. Dick hires a maid, Leslie, and meets their next-door neighbor (and habitual liar) Kirk. The inn opens for business amid myriad start-up problems.

2. Mrs. Newton's Body Lies A'Mould'ring in the Grave First aired: 11/1/1982
Dick and Joanna learn that there's a body buried in the basement. The Loudons try to get the body moved to the church cemetary, only to find that she was a witch.

3. Hail to the Councilman First aired: 11/8/1982
Dick gets his hopes up after two city officials suggest he run for town council.

4. Shall We Gather at the River? First aired: 11/15/1982
Joanna falls through the ice at the annual River Day festival. Dick is on the outs when Joanna blames him for everything bad that happens in her life.

5. This Probably is Condemned First aired: 11/22/1982
Dick and the gang pitch in to help Kirk get the Minuteman up to code after its shut down.

6. No Tigers at the Circus First aired: 11/29/1982
Dick spirals into a profound depression after the Stratford is denied in its bid to be classified an historic landmark.

7. The Perfect Match First aired: 12/6/1982
Leslie's high school sweetheart returns from far off places to ask for her hand in marriage, to Kirk's obvious displeasure.

8. Some are Born Writers...Others Have Writers Thrust Upon Them First aired: 12/13/1982
Dick praises an aspiring writer's work to avoid hurting her feelings. The writer's enthusiastic husband quits his job to allow his wife to write full time. It's up to Dick to secure her an agent and teach her to write, all before their savings runs out in a month and a half.

9. No Room at the Inn First aired: 12/20/1982
The inn is swamped when 24 guests are snowed in on Christmas Eve. While Kirk tries to keep the guests entertained, Dick tries to find room for a traveller named Joseph and his pregnant wife.

10. The Senator's Wife Was Indiscreet First aired: 12/27/1982
A U.S. Senator's wife checks into the inn and holds a press conference to announce she's divorcing her inattentive husband.

11. Sprained Dreams First aired: 1/3/1983
Dick jeopardizes Leslie's lifelong dream of becoming a world-class skier when he accidentally falls on her.

12. The Way We Thought We Were First aired: 1/10/1983
George's old flame visits the inn. Both are disappointed when the other isn't as they remember.

13. The Visitors First aired: 1/17/1983
Dick and Joanna can't wait for their 'fun' friends to visit, but soon become perturbed after their friends treat the Loudons not as friends, but innkeepers.

14. What is This Thing Called Lust? First aired: 1/31/1983
Leslie's attractive cousin Stephanie visits Vermont to settle her emotions as she nears her wedding day. Stephanie soon finds herself lusting after Kirk.

15. Breakfast Theater First aired: 2/7/1983
Washed-up comic Manny Silver visits the Stratford, reminding Dick of the 'debt' he owes Manny for starting his writing career. Manny shames Dick into letting him perform in the inn, over Joanna's strenuous objections.

16. Ricky Nelson, Up Your Nose First aired: 2/14/1983
Kirk goes into the hospital for surgery to remove a foreign object from his nose, leaving Larry, Darryl and a very svelte Darryl in charge of the cafe. Dick and Joanna, about to go to New York for a writer's conference have to bail out the boys when an unexpected crowd turns up at the cafe.

17. A View from the Bench First aired: 2/21/1983
Dick, Kirk, and George go to Boston to use their bench passes for a Celtics game. Dick loses his pass. Meanwhile, Leslie and Joanna wait at the inn for incoming guest, Daniel J. Travanti.

18. The Boy Who Cried Goat First aired: 3/13/1983
When Kirk's cafe is robbed, his history of deception comes back to haunt him as the insurance investigator refuses to believe his story.

19. Heaven Knows Mr. Utley First aired: 3/20/1983
George is the town laughingstock when he claims to have spied an UFO.

20. You're Homebody 'til Somebody Loves You First aired: 3/27/1983
Dick inadvertantly insults Joanna, calling her a homebody. Joanna takes a job with a travel agency in an attempt to assert herself.

21. Grandma, What a Big Mouth You Have First aired: 4/3/1983
Kirk's grandmother visits on the same night he finally gets a date with Leslie.

22. I Enjoy Being a Guy First aired: 4/10/1983
Dick loves being 'just one of the guys' when Chester and Jim invite him to join their golf foursome. Dick is distressed to find that their gambling habit and lousy golfing abilities make him the big winner. Dick tries to figure out a way to give the money back without breaking 'the guy code'.

naitram 10-29-07 05:25 PM

Please say it's so! Definitely at the top of my want list for SD DVD (of course, Stephanie in HD though... :eyebrow: ).

indy81 10-30-07 07:11 AM

I wish they'd finish the Bob Newhart Show first, grrrr....

Duality 10-31-07 11:54 AM

I loved Stephanie and George. I would buy it.

k_lodge 10-31-07 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Duality
I loved Stephanie and George. I would buy it.

Stephanie didn't start until seaosn 2 I believe

calhoun07 10-31-07 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by indy81

Hopefully this will get more season sets out of the Bob Newhart Show. I'd buy both!

MTRodaba2468 11-01-07 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Hopefully this will get more season sets out of the Bob Newhart Show. I'd buy both!

Hopefully it will, especially when you consider the twist ending of Newhart.

Double_Oh_7 11-01-07 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by indy81

I was at a Bob Newhart book signing earlier this year and he said they weren't going to start releasing Newhart until they finished the Bob Newhart Show. So I'm confused.

calhoun07 11-01-07 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I was at a Bob Newhart book signing earlier this year and he said they weren't going to start releasing Newhart until they finished the Bob Newhart Show. So I'm confused.

Maybe that was his understanding at some point. The studio must have changed their mind, I guess. Either that they are going to up the release schedule soon on the Bob Newhart show.

bigjim25 12-02-07 01:02 PM

:up: Updated with release date, episode guide, original air date, and pic. Glad it's official! :up:

djones6746 12-02-07 01:12 PM

This show was outright hilarious.....may have to pick this one up upon release. :)