DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Batman on DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/515715-batman-dvd.html)

Davie50 10-29-07 08:26 AM

Batman on DVD

I think this is the right forum to pose this question.

I am a huge Batman fan and I am on a quest to collect every possible show, movie, short, etc (on DVD) that features Batman.

I thought I had them all until I go into Best Buy last week and see The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians dvd, featuring Batman. That one snuck up on me. So I went to the internet to see if I could find a website that would tell me every single thing Batman may have appeared in... couldn't find anything.

I then thought, surely someone on DVDtalk would be able to help me out. A website or a listing of something I may have missed. Please help, my obsessiveness is driving me mad.

So far I have collected:

Batman & Mr. Freeze
Batman: the Complete 1943 Serial
Batman & Robin: The Complete 1949 Serial
Batman Begins
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman Beyond Seasons 1 - 3
Batman Superman Movie
Batman Vs Dracula
Batman: Holy Batmania
Batman (1966) Seasons 1 - 3
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman the Animated Series Vol.1 - 4
The Batman Season 1 - 3 (Season 4 coming out soon)
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman: The Movie
The New Adventures of Batman
The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show
Challenge of the Super Friends Season 1
Super Friends Season 2
Scooby Doo Meets Batman
Justice League Season 1 & 2
Justice League Unlimited Season 1 & 2

So yeah, that is everything I have so far. If there is anything out there that I don't have yet, please let me know so I can hunt it down as fast as possible.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 10-29-07 09:29 AM

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000177/

tonyro19 10-29-07 10:13 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088619/

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 10-29-07 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by tonyro19

Originally Posted by Davie50
The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians

Davie50 10-29-07 10:51 AM

Following the first link provided to Imdb character page it does appear as if I do have all of the officially released Batman on DVD dvds as of now.

There were a few shows from the late 70's that aren't out yet. Wonder if and when they will make it to DVD.

Makes me wonder what WB will be releasing to tie in with the release of The Dark Knight next summer. We could only hope for the 66 Batman series although I won't count on it anytime in this lifetime.

Also, I saw that Kevin Conroy (Batman) voiced some episodes on the Static Shock show in Season 3. Has anybody seen that show or know if Batman is in them enough to warrent me buying all of the seasons?

Thanks for the responses so far by the way.

dx23 10-29-07 11:03 AM

Also, I saw that Kevin Conroy (Batman) voiced some episodes on the Static Shock show in Season 3. Has anybody seen that show or know if Batman is in them enough to warrent me buying all of the seasons?

Thanks for the responses so far by the way.

Conroy voiced Batman for several guest episodes on Static Shock. Batman was prominently featured. There was also a Justice League crossover on Static Shock where Batman appeared.

majorjoe23 10-29-07 12:14 PM

It might be worth buying if that season was on DVD.

The New Frontier is coming out in Feb, Batman is in that.

Davie50 10-29-07 01:14 PM

Yeah I will be getting The New Frontier movie (only 70 minutes, what a rip) when it is released. I hope it is a little better than the Superman: Doomsday movie.

And I saw on tvshowsondvd that The All New Super Friends Hour would be released on Jan 8th.
Now I just have to find time to sit down and watch all of this Batman on DVD that I have accumulated.

As far as I can tell I have it all on DVD as of now, but if anyone knew where I could lay my eyes on Batman Fights Dracula (1967) that would be awesome.

digidoh 10-29-07 04:39 PM

There were two different VHS releases in 1989 (when the first Tim Burton movie came out). Batmania and Holy Batmania, both of which consisted of public domain footage.

There's a seven-minute live-action pilot for a Batgirl TV series (or just to sell ABC on the character), which also features Batman and Robin. Batgirl, Batman (played by Dick Gautier?) and Robin were also in a PSA for equal pay. Both are featured on a DVD titled Batclips from Treasure Box Collection. Mine came in a cardboard envelope and was sold for a dollar at Walgreens.

Filmation's Batman and Robin appeared on Sesame Street at least twice during its first season. In one segment, Batman insists he and Robin cross the street at the intersection, instead of chasing Joker directly across the middle of the street(!) In the other, Penguin's lookout doesn't spot the Batmobile because the window is dirty. I don't know if these segments are commercially available.

Adam West had a cameo as Batman on an ABC special, probably from 1966. In one skit, Steve Allen was Superman, overcome by Kryptonite. The cruel villain plays a fiddle while Superman dies. "Save me from the fiddler!" Superman cries. Batman shows up ("I thought you said Riddler!").

RickWJ324 10-29-07 09:38 PM

Batman dvd's

I am also a HUGE Batman fan (I have a solid 30 year collection of all comic titles, tons of toys, and of course dvd's).
If you are looking to collect ALL dvd's, there are some obscure fan films that also have OFFICIAL dvd pressings. There was a dvd magazine called "MovieFX Video Magazine". There were 2 issues that included the BATMAN: DEAD END fan-made movie and the 2nd disc had the "Making of" feature for that film. You can also track down little films like BATMAN: NEW TIMES which was produced briefly on dvd by DAVESCHOOL which is the animation company that produced it. It's a short film made of animated DC MINIMATES (which are lego-type toys). It was very nicely done and was voiced by ADAM WEST and MARK HAMILL (Batman and Joker).
--Rick

7Keys 10-29-07 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by RickWJ324
I am also a HUGE Batman fan (I have a solid 30 year collection of all comic titles, tons of toys, and of course dvd's).
--Rick

Got any pics?

RickWJ324 10-30-07 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 7Keys
Got any pics?

Sorry, I don't right now. Actually a huge portion of my collection is in storage (in a climate controlled 20' x 15' facility). The current stuff I'm collecting is just stacking up in the basement right now until I move.

moonraker 10-30-07 04:15 PM

Superman The Animated Series Vol 3 features an episode where Batman teams up with Supes. Didn't see this one on your list, so I thought I'd mention it. Additionally, Vol 3 features another episode where Robin teams up with Superman (who impersonates Batman) -- very fun episode!

The Batman-Superman movie, BTW, was originally a three-part episode from Superman The Animated Series Vol 2. So technically you might want to add Supes Vol 2 for completeness, although the movie version has the same content but without the "last time on Superman" recaps at the beginning.

will travel 11-01-07 02:27 AM

Adam West and Burt Ward returned as Batman and Robin in two Live-Action shows in the mid-to-late 70's.
Other heroes also appeared: Green Lantern, Flash, Black Canary, Atom, Huntress, Captain Marvel(SHAZAM), and Hawkman.
They took on various villians from DC comics include Frank Gorshin as The Riddler.

Both shows were so bad that they weren't even campy fun.
They aren't out of DVD offically.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 11-01-07 09:18 AM

Batman and Robin showed up in The Simpsons at least once.

David Lambert 11-02-07 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Batman and Robin showed up in The Simpsons at least once.

Yes, but in a fashion that would legally be deemed as "satire" and/or "parody", so no rights/licensing would be necessary.

critterdvd 07-19-08 06:54 PM

Can anyone tell me why the 2-Disc DVDs of the Batman movies from the 90s has gone OOP?

hindolio 07-20-08 02:47 AM

i think it was discussed in another thread somewhere here or there. iirc, the consensus was the eventual re-release along with dark knight? and on br too maybe?

wow im helpful :D

DJariya 07-20-08 04:12 AM

You all are forgetting Birds of Prey, which was released last week on DVD. Batman has a cameo in the pilot episode.

Also Gotham Knight was just released a few weeks ago as well.

DJariya 07-20-08 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Can anyone tell me why the 2-Disc DVDs of the Batman movies from the 90s has gone OOP?

Glad I bought the box set the week it came out. Tough luck to anyone who passed on it hoping for a price reduction.

I've seen a few of the single 2-disc DVD's floating around at a Best Buy here and there.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 07-20-08 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
You all are forgetting Birds of Prey, which was released last week on DVD. Batman has a cameo in the pilot episode.

Also Gotham Knight was just released a few weeks ago as well.

We aren't forgetting, it's just a thread from last year.

Cameron 07-20-08 03:41 PM

looney tunes back in action

Rocketdog2000 07-20-08 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd

It's not just the 2 discs that are out of print, it's ALL versions of the 90's movies, including the original single disc releases. In fact, the only BATMAN movies that are currently in print right now (not counting animated releases) are Batman Begins and the 1966 Batman:The Movie from the TV series. Anything else that you see online or on the shelves is just leftover stock - so if you want them, and can find them, get 'em now.