DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Best Buy Exlusive AVP: Aliens Vs. Predator Ultimate Showdown Collectors Set (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/515688-best-buy-exlusive-avp-aliens-vs-predator-ultimate-showdown-collectors-set.html)

Geist 10-28-07 07:11 PM

Best Buy Exlusive AVP: Aliens Vs. Predator Ultimate Showdown Collectors Set --> 11/27

The AVP Ultimate Showdown Collectors Set will include every film from the Alien and Predator franchises in a two-disc version (fifteen discs total), exclusive collectible Alien and Predator figurines, AVP: Sand Trap, an original 22-page Dark Horse mini comic, and two tickets to see Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (in theaters 12/25/07). The AVP Ultimate Showdown Collectors Set is limited to 10,000 pieces for worldwide distribution. It will be available in the U.S. on November 27, 2007, only at Best Buy.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3848/796265eh4.jpghttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/366/796265bmf5.jpg

Matthew Ackerly 10-28-07 07:15 PM

Pretty sweet.

But I can't see myself double dipping on all these titles I already own.

The Monkees 10-28-07 07:31 PM

That's quite interesting, I all ready own these all, except for AVP which I hated, but this might be something to think about. Just from a collector's point of view.

tonyjg 10-28-07 07:37 PM

sorry... but another AvP film ??? Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem ??

what planet am I on that allows a sequel to crap ??!! Are FOX that desperate for funds ?

(I can only imagine the 'difficulties' some folk are going to have pronoucing 'Requiem' at their cinema :) )

The Monkees 10-28-07 07:38 PM

The trailer for this one actually looks GOOD. I knew the first AVP was gonna suck and it did, but this one actually looks like an Alien and a Predator film, plus they didn't crap out for a PG-13 rating this time around. The film is rated R.

MrStayPuft 10-28-07 07:39 PM

I own all the movies as well, but I'm a sucker for gift sets...especially limited gift sets!

Depends on the price I guess.

This was available on ezydvd.com too a while ago

xage 10-28-07 07:46 PM

$100+ ??? Cost?

Form the looks of it...

Mr.Briggs 10-28-07 07:50 PM

Now I'm a glutton for double dipping but I think the Quadrilogy Set & the Predators/AVP I own will suffice. If I didn't own 'em I'd jump on it.

Quack 10-28-07 07:50 PM

Yea....I'd love to get this...but it's really hard to justify after already owning the Quadrilogy and all the other movies as well....I'll check out the price when it comes though....

EDIT...also would like to see if there is any different/more extras included.

xage 10-28-07 08:13 PM

oooh.. its worth for me.. I never thought that there will be a follow up to the USA Limited Edition boxset (yeah, the 1st one was from Blockbuster).. its near 3yrs now for another AVP Exclusive LE to surface up in a US store!

bboisvert 10-28-07 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by tonyjg
sorry... but another AvP film ??? Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem ??

what planet am I on that allows a sequel to crap ??!! Are FOX that desperate for funds ?

At least check out the trailer before you diss. This might be a terrible movie (who knows?), but the trailer definitely looks decent. Looks like AvP should have been in the first place.

dlinke01 10-28-07 08:28 PM

It's $169.99 I believe.

Abe. 10-28-07 08:34 PM

This set looks pretty nice.

whotony 10-28-07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by xage
oooh.. its worth for me.. I never thought that there will be a follow up to the USA Limited Edition boxset (yeah, the 1st one was from Blockbuster).. its near 3yrs now for another AVP Exclusive LE to surface up in a US store!

what?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 10-28-07 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by whotony

what?

Blockbuster had an exclusive box set for Aliens vs Predator.

whotony 10-28-07 10:06 PM

i know that, i was trying to figure out what xage was saying.

TRC 10-28-07 10:08 PM

Looks like an awesome set. Depending on the price I might get this.

uncle-frank 10-28-07 10:55 PM

seems like a waste when the only good films in there are alien 1-2 and the first predator.

hindolio 10-28-07 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by dlinke01
It's $169.99 I believe.

ouch.

Julie Walker 10-29-07 12:57 AM

How are the discs packaged and do you get the 9th disc from the Alien quad set? But the price seems too steep. Considering it would cost $100 or less to get the Alien quad($45 or $55 at the moment) set on deepdiscount. And then the Predator SE set with all three 2 disc SEs of the films for $30 or so.

shacmasta 10-29-07 01:02 AM

I'll be getting this.

izatright 10-29-07 04:25 AM

I liked the first AVP. It was a fun, mindless flick with some decent aliens and predator moments. (And judging by some of the films some of you purchase, I don't think any of you are good judges of good films.) :D

islandclaws 10-30-07 11:12 AM

I'd probably be interested in this if I were an on-the-fence fan that never got around the buying these films even though I liked them. But I own all of them and I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

bboisvert 10-30-07 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
But the price seems too steep.

Exactly. I can go to Amazon right now and get:

Alien Quadrillogy
Predator 2-disc CE
Predator 2 SE
AvP: Unrated CE

For $90 shipped. That means -- even if you don't own any of these yet -- you're paying nearly twice as much ($80 extra bucks) for fancy packaging. And if you do own any of these, it makes even less sense.

For die hard fans/collectors, this may be a worthy purchase. But I can't see these selling too quickly at this price. $100 retail seems more in line with the content.

terrycloth 10-30-07 06:45 PM

i always loved the original predator neer sat thru the sequal. and I havent watched any aliens untill the horror movie challenge and this set would be worth purchasing for me IF the price listed here so far is dropped down to the 100$ price.