Old 12-06-07, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
Exactly. I can go to Amazon right now and get:

Alien Quadrillogy
Predator 2-disc CE
Predator 2 SE
AvP: Unrated CE

For $90 shipped. That means -- even if you don't own any of these yet -- you're paying nearly twice as much ($80 extra bucks) for fancy packaging. And if you do own any of these, it makes even less sense.

For die hard fans/collectors, this may be a worthy purchase. But I can't see these selling too quickly at this price. $100 retail seems more in line with the content.
^ Actually, Amazon just recently had a "black Friday" sale of the Alien Quad for $20.49. With that price and along with what they are asking for all of the other films, my total is $60.96. It's kind of hard to not think of the price that they are asking for those movies (along with the plastic toys and new packaging) as anything other than absurd.
Old 12-06-07, 08:07 PM

This set may be exclusive but I can see them releasing (later on) a general complete box set (minus the fugures) once Best Buy has sold what they want, in the exclusive agreed to time frame.

The new box set will probably include AVP2.

It's obvious that there are a lot of box sets (DVD, Blu Ray, HD-DVD, and whatever comes after) of Aliens, Predator, AVP, and any other movie franchise in the years to come. They will make money on any movie for as long as they can.

So as long as you don't plan on dying in the next few years you will get another crack at another box set.

James
Old 12-07-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

penny out....
Old 12-29-07, 08:52 PM

Did anyone get this set? I'm just curious how the movies are packaged. Is it one big digipack, slimpacks, etc?
Old 12-30-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
penny out....
I'm presuming that's just wishful thinking...right?
Old 01-09-08, 11:21 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by RD1973
Did anyone get this set? I'm just curious how the movies are packaged. Is it one big digipack, slimpacks, etc?
Bumping in the hopes that someone will respond to the repeated questions of details and pictures.

I'm leaning towards returning this, but may keep it if I can get some good information somewhere.

How are the discs packaged? Do they come with all the inserts from the earlier releases, such as the comic book in the AvP release? Are the discs exactly the same as the earlier releases?
Old 01-09-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Trevor....

OPEN IT! OPEN IT! OPEN IT!
Old 01-10-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol no one both bought and opened this set.
Old 01-10-08, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Trevor....

OPEN IT! OPEN IT! OPEN IT!
I read a review somewhere (I can't remember the name of the site). Basically, it brings a new comic, 2 tickets to AVP-R, and the diarama. The discs are housed in the base of the diarama (I think the Alien discs are under the alien and the Predator discs and AVP are under the Predator).
Old 01-10-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the same that I read. The NINE Alien discs are under the alien, and the four Predator discs are under the predator, with AvP somewhere in between. Frankly, the whole thing seems pretty ungainly to me. And as everyone else mentioned, with the quadrilogy now going for $50 some places, and the two Predator movies going for $20 a piece, a hundred and seventy dollars is pretty steep.
Old 01-10-08, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
That's the same that I read. The NINE Alien discs are under the alien, and the four Predator discs are under the predator, with AvP somewhere in between. Frankly, the whole thing seems pretty ungainly to me. And as everyone else mentioned, with the quadrilogy now going for $50 some places, and the two Predator movies going for $20 a piece, a hundred and seventy dollars is pretty steep.
Quadrilogy has hit $25 actually, and the Predators $10.

I want to justify the $130 I spent on this. Even if I got really lucky and sold all my discs for $60 profit after ebay/paypal/shipping fees, is a comic book, two cool figures, and the 2 disc Avp (the only Alien related DVD I don't own yet) worth $70? Maybe I could stretch it to make it worthwhile in my mind, but I'd probably only clear $30-40 on the old discs honestly.
Old 01-10-08, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're a big enough fan and the figures are cool enough, it should be worth it. If you have to ask people here to help you justify the purchase, it clearly isn't.

I spent more on a really cool Corpse Bride figure. Would anybody here in DVDtalk think that was money well spent? I don't give a fuck. That's how I know my purchase was worth it (to me).
Old 01-10-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

PS. There's got to be some value in being able to flood DVDtalk with identical pictures of a collector's set that Xage doesn't have.
Old 01-10-08, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
If you're a big enough fan and the figures are cool enough, it should be worth it. If you have to ask people here to help you justify the purchase, it clearly isn't.

I spent more on a really cool Corpse Bride figure. Would anybody here in DVDtalk think that was money well spent? I don't give a fuck. That's how I know my purchase was worth it (to me).
I agree with you, but still like to "think things out" by posting here and getting opinions sometimes.

My friends know to never give me advice, because I never follow it, but you guys don't know me well enough.
Old 01-10-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Quadrilogy has hit $25 actually, and the Predators $10.
Please, point me in this direction: where they so cheap?
Old 01-10-08, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Please, point me in this direction: where they so cheap?
It has been that price multiple times, even recently, but not as a permanent price drop, just sales. I've seen it mentioned somewhere on this site several times in the last few months.
Old 01-10-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trevor, if you're so hesitant and already own most of the movies. I'd return the thing! Since the box looks pretty cheap from what I've seen in store. And I heard on another forum, the dvds are in sleeves,not cases or anything. It's not worth that amount of cash,especially after owning the other flicks.

I'm going to just get the Alien Quadrilogy eventually. I haven't seen it for $25 though,so I would like to know what stores had it for that price!
Old 01-10-08, 04:02 PM

Amazon.com had it for around $25 for the Thanksgiving sales.
Old 01-10-08, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Amazon.com had it for around $25 for the Thanksgiving sales.
It was $20.49 actually, I bought 2. http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=518023
A friend of mine bought it at FYE B&M for $25.99 the other day after seeing mine.
Old 02-23-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Just got back from Best Buy. Probably a YMMV, but my BB (Cary, NC) had about ten copies of this box set for half price-I think it was marked at 79.99 or 89.99.
It looked pretty sweet, and I'm usually a sucker for figures, especially ones that look cool like this one, but I bought the Alien Quadrilogy from Amazon when it was ~20 bucks, and I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of recouping my cost and
upgrading. Tempting though.

The Quadrilogy is 29.99 on Amazon right now.
Old 02-24-08, 03:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They still have a bunch of them at BB's here on L.A. too. They were clearanced, but I didn't check the price.
Old 02-24-08, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got back from Best Buy. Probably a YMMV, but my BB (Cary, NC) had about ten copies of this box set for half price-I think it was marked at 79.99 or 89.99.
I haven't seen any of them in my area best buys at that price, I would probably jump on it for that price.
Old 02-24-08, 09:29 AM

I'm glad I returned mine. I'll probably buy it again if it hits $75 or less near me, as I have a friend who'll give me $25 for the Quadrilogy.
Old 02-28-08, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
lol no one both bought and opened this set.
Hindolio, I guess Im that crazy after the long awaited requests below ....

The packaging sucks!

I read a review somewhere (I can't remember the name of the site). Basically, it brings a new comic, 2 tickets to AVP-R, and the diarama. The discs are housed in the base of the diarama (I think the Alien discs are under the alien and the Predator discs and AVP are under the Predator).
Youre exactly correct.. the two DVD boxsets were packaged in a weird shaped cardboard case and housed by the platform base of the two monster figures

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
How are the discs packaged? Post pics if you can!
Originally Posted by whotony
you cant see the discs unless the box is opened.
i didnt buy one but saw it today.
the discs are in the back of the box somewhere behind the two figures
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Can someone post images of the set with how the dvds are packaged inside? Are the dvds in cases(slim or standard),digipack fold outs or what?
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Yeah someone should post pictures. Also, to the guy who said he wasn't going to open it, I can say with confidence it's not going to drop. I work at Best Buy and there are no scheduled price-drops in the computer. If there isn't some special sale when the movie opens then there isn't going to be one.

Also if you don't open it you don't get to use the moviecash. And even if you do open it I don't understand -- you can still pricematch with just the receipt.
Originally Posted by Trevor
Bumping in the hopes that someone will respond to the repeated questions of details and pictures.

I'm leaning towards returning this, but may keep it if I can get some good information somewhere.

How are the discs packaged? Do they come with all the inserts from the earlier releases, such as the comic book in the AvP release? Are the discs exactly the same as the earlier releases?

Originally Posted by Living Dead
They still have a bunch of them at BB's here on L.A. too. They were clearanced, but I didn't check the price.

Awww Peep, appreciate the affectionate care to the xage

Originally Posted by Peep
PS. There's got to be some value in being able to flood DVDtalk with identical pictures of a collector's set that Xage doesn't have.
Old 03-01-08, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol this has got to be one of the highest requested sets for pics as of late without anyone actually posting a pic. until now. and of course, thanks xage

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.