DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVDs: How many is too many?

Old 10-29-07, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A friend of mine who has quite a few more than me (has around 1000) picked up some movies the other day. It turns out he had 2 of them that he bought. I think that's a sign you have too many.
Old 10-29-07, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
JHBulls, now you're being completely disingenuous, and purposefully misrepresenting our exchange. I said

Instead of correctly any misapprehensions I may have had about your earlier posts you go off on a tangent. Then when I put the question to you directly,

You quoted my question and responded

and

Now you want to say that I'm guility of misreading what you've written. A bit late for that protest now. In any event, since I can tell you've really worked yourself up again and this really isn't getting us anywhere let's call it quits.
Agreed.
Old 10-30-07, 05:06 AM

If I wasn't buying DVDs, I'd be renting them for about $3/disc from my favorite local rental shop. My average cost per individual film is about $12; my average cost per season set or film box is $35. I've seen Mulholland Dr, for example, 5 times, so it would have cost me $15 to rent it all those times.
It's easier for season sets - at $3/disc, a one-time viewing of a 6-disc set would have cost me $18 to rent. Discs I watch often underwrite discs I watch less often. The rising tide raises all boats.
Old 10-30-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
A friend of mine who has quite a few more than me (has around 1000) picked up some movies the other day. It turns out he had 2 of them that he bought. I think that's a sign you have too many.
This only happened to me once, and I felt like a complete moron.

In my defense, I was looking for a fourth at Borders B3G1 sale, and I couldn't find anything else I didn't already have, and I thought I had sold off the movie. D'oh.