DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Barney Miller Season 2 due in 2008? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/515523-barney-miller-season-2-due-2008-a.html)

bigjim25 10-26-07 04:32 PM

Barney Miller: The Complete Second Season 01/22/08

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bar...-Season-2/8335
Would surprise me since it's been 4 years since Season 1 came out.
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tr valign="top"><td>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...0L._SS500_.jpg</td><td>DISC ONE:
Doomsday
Social Worker
The Layoff
Ambush
Heat Wave
Arsonist
Grand Hotel
Discovery
You Dirty Rat

DISC TWO:
The Horse Thief
Rain
Fish
Hot Dogs
Protection
Happy New Year
The Sniper
Fear of Flying
Block Party

DISC THREE:
Massage Parlor
The Psychiatrist
The Kid
The Mole
Plus 2 Bonus Episodes
of other Sony TV shows:

Charlie's Angels
The Facts of Life</tr></table>

22 half hour episodes on 3 discs ~~~~ Review: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31906

calhoun07 10-26-07 05:02 PM

I never really have watched the show, but I am happy to see the news because if they are putting this out then it gives me hope for other shows that seemingly seemed to be abandoned on DVD (All in the Family, Cheers, and Taxi I am looking your way).

shacmasta 10-26-07 05:28 PM

Great, I love the show. One of the many forgotten classics.

johnbook 10-26-07 11:30 PM

Definately looking forward to Barney Miller S2, along with this there were so many other good shows on back in the 70's.

Dane Marvin 10-26-07 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I never really have watched the show, but I am happy to see the news because if they are putting this out then it gives me hope for other shows that seemingly seemed to be abandoned on DVD (All in the Family, Cheers, and Taxi I am looking your way).

Maybe All in the Family since that's a Sony property like Barney Miller, but Cheers and Taxi are Paramount properties. Still, I would think all of them will eventually finish their run on DVD (Barney Miller, in fact, seems/seemed like the least likely of those four to be completed on DVD).

Sex Fiend 10-27-07 12:38 AM

HELL YES! That is great news!

Barney Miller is one of my favorite (and one of the best) sit-coms of all time. I have been carrying a four year grudge that Sony had abandoned this after the first season, but all will be forgiven if I can get the remaining seven seasons.

And I'll echo what calhoun07 said. I think this does give hope that other abandoned series might come back around. It stands to reason that the studios are going to eventually run out of what they consider to be "priority" releases and need to revisit the stuff they've put on the backburner.

nothingfails 10-27-07 02:59 AM

I never cared for the series, but regardless.... hearing a show that we thought was long-ago abandoned getting a second wind (the last release was January 2004) is always a good thing and I hope it sells well.

nateman 10-27-07 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Great, I love the show. One of the many forgotten classics.

Couldn’t have said it better; Indeed one of the many forgotten TV classics. Reminds me of shows like Coach; popular while it aired, forgotten when it went off.

For a TOD collector like myself, this is fu*king fantastic news. So many shows have been abandoned that it’s not even funny. This must be some kind of record. My only worry is that everyone will be happy that season two is released on DVD, but we never see season three and onward, see the light of day on DVD.

darkhawk 10-27-07 07:59 PM

Yes, but thinking about waiting if they release a complete set

nateman 10-28-07 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Yes, but thinking about waiting if they release a complete set

Yeah, and that’s what to many other people probably did; said, “I’ll wait for the complete series set” and thus season 1 didn’t sell well enough and that’s why its been four years without a season 2 announcement.

lllllllll

Upper pylon 3 10-28-07 03:50 PM

Mad About You and now Barney Miller back from the dead. Maybe there's hope for Whos the Boss, 227, Diff'rent Strokes, Party of Five, and the Jeff Foxworthy Show.

The Eliminator 10-28-07 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Yeah, and that’s what to many other people probably did; said, “I’ll wait for the complete series set” and thus season 1 didn’t sell well enough and that’s why its been four years without a season 2 announcement.

I highly doubt this is the reason for BM being so slow.

David Lambert 10-28-07 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Eliminator
I highly doubt this is the reason for BM being so slow.

It sure the heck doesn't help, though.

Folks, I don't shill for the studios. You do what you wanna do. But my opinion is that if you like a show and want to see more of it on DVD, buy the DVDs that they do release and show them that there are sales to be had.

*NO* TV show will get further DVDs if the existing releases don't do well. So waiting for a "complete series" set in the hopes that there's not gonna be a need for a double-dip isn't gonna help get the complete series released.

Upper pylon 3 10-29-07 07:51 AM

Another thing to keep in mind is that the budget for a tv release is based on the previous season's sales. If people don't buy because they are waiting for the complete series then the studio will spend less money on remastering, music clearances, extras, etc. So even if you wait and get that complete series set it may not be as good a set as you would have gotten if you had bought the seasons individually.

tonyro19 10-29-07 09:54 AM

i'm pretty stoked for this.....my buddy was just telling me the other day how awesome it was that Weird Science was finally coming out and that if they announced Barney Miller's second season it would make a badass dvd year

cdoug57 10-29-07 01:34 PM

So glad for this news. I am tired of having season 1 as an "orphan" set.

I need another fix of the (Inspector's voice) "ole one-two", ba dum bum.

Doug

areacode212 10-29-07 10:28 PM

Good to hear. The Onion A.V. Club actually bemoaned the lack of any more BM DVDs in a recent article.

Bronkster 01-07-08 11:34 PM

Just saw a review here - missed this thread, I guess. I'm totally looking forward to this! I hope the rest of the seasons will be released without having to wait 4 years between each.