Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me to find...Nattevagten, AKA Nightwatch

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-17-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The original Danish version? It strikes me as very, very strange that I can't find it on eBay, and I'd like to see if I can get a better price than the eye-gouging in the Amazon Marketplace. You'd think that the Anchor Bay release would be on eBay, at least. As I'm region-locked and I think that none of the other releases contain the Bornedal commentary or, more importantly, English subtitles, and my Danish is shaky. Meaning that I know about three words.
Old 10-17-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow, no idea this was OOP.

$40 doesn't seem eye-gouging. I paid $50 for that terrible Fox Lorber version of Spoorloos, years before the CC version.
Old 10-18-07, 07:12 AM

I rented the American remake recently and I had a time getting it. I kept getting the Russian movie from Blockbuster online. I'd fill out their form saying that I received the wrong movie and to please send the correct version. This happened three times. When I received the third wrong one, I decided to try to rent it in their store. They had the American remake on the shelf. So, I rented it. I got out to my car and opened it and guess what was inside? That's right. The Russian Night Watch movie. I went back inside and explained it to the manager. Thankfully, she understood and grabbed me their sole copy of the American remake.

I only bring all this up because I originally had the Danish version in my queue too from Blockbuster Online, but after this debacle I decided it wasn't even worth it to try to get that version from them. Maybe I should reconsider since it's obviously pretty rare and there might not be much opportunity left to see it.
Old 10-18-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
Wow, no idea this was OOP.

$40 doesn't seem eye-gouging. I paid $50 for that terrible Fox Lorber version of Spoorloos, years before the CC version.
Yes, well, I am but a poor college student . Beside, I want to know why I can't come across it on eBay. When I can't find something there, it scare me .

Maybe I should reconsider since it's obviously pretty rare and there might not be much opportunity left to see it.
Netflix has it, but I don't think that they'd be willing to sell it.

It was a joint venture between Miramax and Anchor Bay. I keep wondering, since the rights evidently expired, who has it now, or if anyone even wants it. I keep hoping that BU got it, but I've e-mailed them two or three times and gotten no answer.