DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/514680-official-wrestling-dvd-discussion-thread-volume-3-a.html)

dx23 10-17-07 01:48 PM

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3

Volume 3 of the Wrestling DVD thread.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Wrestling DVD Release List (needs updating)

Repeating the previous rules:

The thread is to have a discussion on all wrestling DVD related topics.

There is another thread, which I have to update, that has the upcoming DVD releases.

For weekly wrestling discussion, you can go to the Sports forum at DVDTalk, where MovieExchange keeps a very nice weekly thread with all the news pertaining to pro wrestling. He even has Pay Per View contest!

Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

Let the talking begin....

Quack 10-17-07 01:58 PM

I'm sure this has been talked to death.....but when damn it can we get the Summerslam box set!!

dx23 10-17-07 02:02 PM

The last I heard, that set was delayed because of the Benoit death and how his footage would have been handled.

shacmasta 10-17-07 04:53 PM

source: SilverVision.co.uk

Here is the match listing for the upcoming "Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph" three disc DVD set that is set to be released in January 2008. All of the matches featured on the new DVD set weren't featured in the 2003 Shawn Michaels DVD release. There will also be a documentary on Michaels' life & career in the DVD set.

Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph DVD (3 Discs)

He's the Heartbreak Kid; the Showstopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside the ring. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story, from the Rockers through D-Generation X and the clique and Montreal Screwjob along the way. This 3-disc DVD set collects some of Shawn’s greatest matches, including many matches never before available on DVD.

Matches include:

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jack Haynes
WCCW 11/1/85

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers
AWA 10/2/87

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Super Ninja & Ninja Go
AWA 12/6/87

The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters
MSG 23/1/89

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 falls)
The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation
October 1990

The Rockers vs. Orient Express
Royal Rumble 19/1/91

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
Saturday Night’s Main Event 8/11/92

Shawn Michaels enters #1 and wins the Rumble
Royal Rumble 22/1/95

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett
In Your House 23/7/95

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
King of the Ring 23/6/96

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
RAW 29/12/03

The Rockers vs. La Resistance
RAW 14/3/05

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
Vengeance 26/6/05

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena
RAW 23/4/07

Promos
RAW 4/4/94 – Heartbreak Hotel
Tell Me A Lie Music Video
RAW 1/8/05 - Larry King Spoof

Deleted Scenes
Wrestling Academy
Bible Teacher
Colorado Expedition
Who's the Greatest "Wrestler"?

Stories
High School Prankster
High School Talent Show
Letter Jacket
Mom’s Approval
The Bruise
The Rockers “Fight”
This Is a Little Higher Than I Thought
Brown Pants
Everyone can breathe easy...all's right in the world. The HBK dvd will be 3 discs and the cena/hbk raw 1hr match will be included as well.

davethomasowns 10-17-07 06:55 PM

So just wanted to double check and make sure nobody found the unfogiven blockbuster exclusive being sold? I read the other thread talking about from summerslam on, they will rent the WWE's only.

Want to make sure before I spend the 24.99 to rent and purchase them!

Thanks so much
Shane

throwback 10-17-07 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by davethomasowns
So just wanted to double check and make sure nobody found the unfogiven blockbuster exclusive being sold? I read the other thread talking about from summerslam on, they will rent the WWE's only.

Want to make sure before I spend the 24.99 to rent and purchase them!

Thanks so much
Shane

Here you go bro, no sealed Unforgiven 2007 DVD being sold on Blockbuster Video as of this writing, which is also the same as Summerslam 2007

Originally Posted by throwback
New Pickups:
Unforgiven 2007
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...pion/unfor.jpg
-Blockbuster & Wal-Mart Exclusive

afcchamp88 10-17-07 08:15 PM

Are the Summerslam and Unforgiven unavailable to order as well? Has anyone tried that?

davethomasowns 10-17-07 08:57 PM

Well I called and asked some questions about purchasing them, and the dude seemed like he didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe you guys can confirm?

First of all, I have the 2 rentals out at a time pass, and I want to use that to get Summerslam and Unforgiven. (That why I don't have to add the rental fees to the price tag.) He said okay. Then I said I would want to purchase them. He said I would have to wait the 7 days then my card would be charged $24.99. Okay, so I asked him if I could rent them and then at that time I could just pay for the discs. This way I don't have to lose a week of swapping out rentals. He told me that recently they changed the system and you automatically have to wait the 7 days, they can't do it same time. Does anybody know if this is true?

Getting these for $25 each is not bad at all. Only 5 bucks more than normal.

Thanks for any help,
Shane

afcchamp88 10-17-07 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by davethomasowns
Well I called and asked some questions about purchasing them, and the dude seemed like he didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe you guys can confirm?

First of all, I have the 2 rentals out at a time pass, and I want to use that to get Summerslam and Unforgiven. (That why I don't have to add the rental fees to the price tag.) He said okay. Then I said I would want to purchase them. He said I would have to wait the 7 days then my card would be charged $24.99. Okay, so I asked him if I could rent them and then at that time I could just pay for the discs. This way I don't have to lose a week of swapping out rentals. He told me that recently they changed the system and you automatically have to wait the 7 days, they can't do it same time. Does anybody know if this is true?

Getting these for $25 each is not bad at all. Only 5 bucks more than normal.

Thanks for any help,
Shane

If you are a Blockbuster Online member, there is an option to buy the titles for $16.99. You can even add the Bonus Disc version. But the cover art is the regular. I'm not going to keep a rental, and I need Slam any way. I'll give it a go this weekend and we'll see what I get in the mail. I honestly don't see them having regular versions that they keep just for online sales in the warehouses, and used for nothing else.

doctaheath78 10-17-07 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by afcchamp88
If you are a Blockbuster Online member, there is an option to buy the titles for $16.99. You can even add the Bonus Disc version. But the cover art is the regular. I'm not going to keep a rental, and I need Slam any way. I'll give it a go this weekend and we'll see what I get in the mail. I honestly don't see them having regular versions that they keep just for online sales in the warehouses, and used for nothing else.

Let us know what you end up getting.

doctaheath78 10-18-07 09:11 PM

BTW what are the Match(es) on the Unforgiven Blockbuster Bonus Disc?

Not sure if they were ever listed or not.

sg2386 10-18-07 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
BTW what are the Match(es) on the Unforgiven Blockbuster Bonus Disc?

Not sure if they were ever listed or not.

theres no matches, its just the segment with the Hornswaggle adoption and the Teddy Long/Kristal wedding.

i was hoping they would have include CM Punk's title win over Morrison.

deto 10-18-07 10:55 PM

The Victory Road 2007 DVD will be released on 11/4 as an FYE exclusive.

doctaheath78 10-18-07 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
theres no matches, its just the segment with the Hornswaggle adoption and the Teddy Long/Kristal wedding.

i was hoping they would have include CM Punk's title win over Morrison.

No Matches that is just sad.

Is the Teddy Long Wedding the whole entire wedding including the Godfather coming down to the ring? (I did miss that episode of Smackdown and heard it was good)

shacmasta 10-19-07 12:45 AM

http://www.rohwrestling.com/images/e...s__2460_14.jpg

Product Description

6 DISKS! – OVER 12 HOURS! - 1 INCREDIBLE LIMITED EDITION BOX SET ONE BOX SET THAT WILL REMAIN – HARDCORE FOREVER!!!! THE REAL REUNIONS!!!! THE REAL INSIDE STORY OF THE RISE AND FALL OF THE EXTREME!!!

HARDCORE HOMECOMING: AN EXTREME REUNION
On June 10th, 2005, the legends of the most groundbreaking wrestling promotion in the history of the sport returned to the place where it all began for HARDCORE HOMECOMING! It was in Philadelphia, PA that Eastern Championship Wrestling became EXTREME and for one historic night, the stars return home for an EXTREME REUNION! This special platinum edition is packed with bonus footage not seen on Pay-Per-View and includes a bonus 2nd disk with additional matches, interviews, and behind the scenes footage. Hosted by the original voice of ECW, Joey Styles! Featuring: Sabu vs. Terry Funk vs. Shane Douglas, Raven vs. Sandman, Justin Credible vs. Jerry Lynn, New Jack, Axl Rotten, Kronus, and dozens of other including a special appearance by MICK FOLEY!

HARDCORE HOMECOMING 2: NOVEMBER REIGN
November 5, 2005, Philadelphia was rocked with one of the greatest shows ever to take place inside the World's most famous Bingo Hall and it’s a TRIPLE MAIN EVENT! Witness the carnage as brotehrs Ian and Axl Rotten dip their gule-drenched taped fists into buckets of broken glass and face off in one of the most violent and brutal matches in wrestling history. The TAIPEI DEATHMATCH 2! Shane Douglas and Pitbull Gary Wolf go to war in a DOG COLLAR CHAIN MATCH. And, Justin Credible battles Jerry Lynn inside the confines of a STEEL CAGE! Hardcore Homecoming: November Reign was universally praised by fans and critics as a nostalgic trip down hardcore memory lane, settling longstading feuds in front of one of the most rabid crowds in wrestling history! See how this event set Philly on fire with a NOVEMBER REIGN TO REMEMBER!

FOREVER HARDCORE: THE DOCUMENTARY – DIRECTOR’S CUT
They revolutionized professional wrestling forever. A group of misfits, outcasts, and renegades led by a fearless visionary that ushered in a new era of professional wrestling from a dive bingo hall in south Philadelphia. Now, you will finally get the story from the mouths of the hardcore icons that lived it. FOREVER HARDCORE recounts the amazing story of how Tod Gordon's Eastern Championship Wrestling got EXTREME and went on to impact the wrestling business forever. Take an uncensored journey through the highs and lows of a group of athletes that were never supposed to make it, and their reflections of why they will always be FOREVER HARDCORE.

From SHANE DOUGLAS' account of throwing down the NWA World Title... To RAVEN’S bitter take on the crucifixion incident ... to NEW JACK'S state of mind during the Mass Transit bloodbath... to TOD GORDON'S revelation of the truth behind the "WCW mole story" and Eric Bishoff's attempt to destroy HARCORE...to SANDMAN'S controversial pre-match rituals. . . to TERRY FUNK'S decision to be part of Hardcore Homecoming instead of working for Vince McMahon, and for the first time ever SABU SPEAKS! FOREVER HARDCORE gives you the amazing stories and first hand accounts of every major aspect of the revolution that changed wrestling FOREVER.

Starring:
Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Sabu, Raven, Sandman, Joey Styles, Mick Foley, Justin Credible, New Jack, Axl Rotten, Ian Rotten, Kronus, Too Cold Scorpio, Kid Kash, Chris Benoit, Al Snow, and many more!

Interactive Menus, Bonus Matches, Extended Director’s Cut , Multiple Hidden Easter Eggs, Over 2 hours of bonus footage and hardcore wrestling matches including many never before released!

/END

I happen to have all three on dvd, but Amazon does have it for only $22.49, not bad for all the content your getting. Too bad November Reign is still missing the Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley vs. Terry Funk & Sabu Main event.

Class316 10-19-07 07:44 AM

As of this week, The Condemned sold a total of 142,492 DVD’s since its release. Of that total, The Widescreen version sold 100,818 copies while the Full-Screen version sold 36,898 copies. The Blu-Ray version only sold 4,776 copies.

fyebonusdisc 10-19-07 03:39 PM

Too bad November Reign is still missing the Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley vs. Terry Funk & Sabu Main event.
Why is that match missing from the dvd? Did it never happen or is just being omitted? I'm not familiar with these events. What’s the story there?

seltzer77 10-19-07 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
Why is that match missing from the dvd? Did it never happen or is just being omitted? I'm not familiar with these events. What’s the story there?

TNA does not allow their wrestlers to appear on nationally released dvds (other than TNA dvds...)

sg2386 10-19-07 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by seltzer77
TNA does not allow their wrestlers to appear on nationally released dvds (other than TNA dvds...)

Theres a DVD-R version of the event on highspots.com that has the complete event including that match.

deto 10-19-07 08:37 PM

i just finished watching the new RF Video Shoot with Kevin Nash, and it was really good. i also got the new Demolition shoot and Scott Hall shoot.

any one else watch shoot interviews??

DiedLaughing 10-19-07 09:23 PM

I'm a big fan of shoot interviews... I mainly pick up anything with RAVEN from RFVideo. I am really looking forward to the new shoot with Honky Tonk Man, New Jack and Iron Sheik all together.

JJE-187 10-19-07 10:36 PM

If TNA won't allow there talent then why is Raven still listed?

dx23 10-19-07 11:45 PM

I don't think Raven had a contract with TNA at that moment.

shacmasta 10-20-07 12:37 AM

According to the Best buy ad, The Rey Mysterio Ultimate Fan Edition will include the following....

Rey Mysterio 3Disc Dvd (ad shows yellow or cream color mask)
Collectible Packaging
T-shirt
619 Sweatbands
Pendant

All for 39.99

19.99 for just the 3 disc dvd.

Bigjames 10-20-07 01:07 AM

Tell the employee at Blockbuster that you lost the lost the DVD and have them type in Lost. You should be able to pay it off right then and there.