Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3

Old 10-23-07, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JLBkret
Just got back from spending the most money on new releases dvds I have ever spend on a Tuesday. I picked up the Rey Best Buy set and it has a GOLD cover, no other stores I went to this morning had that color. Walmart had plenty of the regular colors, both with the bonus game disk and the single packs. Also the Taker 15-0 Walmart exclusive was at 2 Walmarts today but not the third one. I was expecting a big display for this and the Rey but nothing. I don't think Walmart cares about promoting their own exclusive wrestling titles.
Why in God's name did you go to three different WalMarts in one day? I, for one, am hoping to be able to live out the rest of days without ever having to step foot in another WalMart, let alone three in one day.
Old 10-23-07, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by JLBkret
Just got back from spending the most money on new releases dvds I have ever spend on a Tuesday. I picked up the Rey Best Buy set and it has a GOLD cover, no other stores I went to this morning had that color. Walmart had plenty of the regular colors, both with the bonus game disk and the single packs.

What is the difference in price between the Rey Mysterio DVD with and without the bonus game DVD. My Wal-Mart told me when I called they only got a 2-pack. Is it cheaper for the Single Pack?
Old 10-23-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got back from Wal-Mart. They had only black, red, blue, and green. I went with green. Pretty good for only $14.95! I was expecting it to be a few dollars more.

What is the difference in price between the Rey Mysterio DVD with and without the bonus game DVD. My Wal-Mart told me when I called they only got a 2-pack. Is it cheaper for the Single Pack?
Same price for both versions at my store.
Old 10-23-07, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Just got back from Wal-Mart. They had only black, red, blue, and green. I went with green. Pretty good for only $14.95! I was expecting it to be a few dollars more.

Same price for both versions at my store.
Somehow I think Walmart mis-priced this Rey set. $15 for a $35 retail set is way less than they are paying for it. Best Buy is selling it for $20 which is more realistic. It's funny, the Taker 15-0 1 disk dvd was $15 also, at least Rey has 3 disks!
Old 10-23-07, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darthdelegate
I see that the WWE Royal Rumble Anthology is still available at some online shops. WWE didn't re-release the set with any alterations due to Chris Benoit, did they? I don't want to buy it if they deleted matches, or that sort of thing.

The RR Anthology was put OOP before the Benoit thing. It has not been re-released to the best of my knowledge with edits. The online stores that have them available is just because they haven't been able to move their entire stock.

I bought the green cover of the RM DVD with the bonus smackdown disk. I was also surprised by the price.
Old 10-23-07, 01:37 PM
Banned

Has anyone seen a large display at any Walmart's with the Taker & Rey sets? I still can't believe they are not promoting these 2 releases except for the posters at the entrance to the store.
Old 10-23-07, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I have a feeling it's going to be the yellow/cream color that becomes the hard one to track down. Just my feeling on the situation. The front of my mysterio dvd says "4 collectible colors, 1 great dvd". I've seen the green, blue, black and red on the shelves of my local dvd shops, no yellow/cream color though.

With all that said. The best buy ad shows the yellow/cream color as part of the best buy exclusive ultimate fan edition set.

Can anyone confirm that Best Buy has the Exclusive on the RM DVD Yellow/Cream/Gold COVER?
Old 10-23-07, 03:29 PM

I made quite a few stops today but held off for now- I do plan on picking up the Rey disc by the end of the week, and the Taker disc within the next 2-3 weeks.

Of the stores I went to (x2 Walmart, FYE) the least stocked color at WM was blue, while FYE the black one was least. No sign of a gold/cream/yellow color. Figure I'll wait to see what's speculated as the 'rarer' cover, then buy that one. 14.95 is an f'n deal for the Rey DVD, got a feeling it wont be that price for long.

And for the record, there is NO PDQ for these 2 WWE DVDs. Sadly enough, they already have the posters up for next weeks release, and took the only piece of advertising down.

Last edited by Aces_High; 10-23-07 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 05:19 PM

At the walmart i went to they only had one spot on the shelf for the rey dvd, which means they could only put out about 7 of them or so. there was mostly red and green. there was one black/gray, i picked that one up because of the neutral color. I would imagine there was more black/gray and blue ones in the back, but they just couldnt fit them out at the moment.

also, if you notice on walmart's site, the smackdown vs raw bonus dvd is listed as being slightly different on both the Undertaker and Rey pictures. Is there any confirmation of there being 2 different versions of this bonus dvd? One pictures shows "game preview" and pictured as "inside the game"....The only one available at the walmart i went to was the "game preview". I am assuming it was just a prototype image used on the other.
Old 10-23-07, 06:07 PM

Yeah I just went to my local Walmart. They had the Taker DVD 2 pack on the front new release shelf and one spot on the other shelf for the Rey DVD 2pack. They had 6 or 7 Rey DVDs. They only had black and blue colors. For 14.96 I'm definitely going to pick this set up. 3 disks and 30 matches is a great for only 14.96, even though I already have some of the matches on the set on the 619 DVD.
Old 10-23-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Can anyone confirm that Best Buy has the Exclusive on the RM DVD Yellow/Cream/Gold COVER?
Well, I think It's pretty much confirmed. Both Best Buy's I went to had tons of the fan edition box set and all were gold/yellow/cream color masks w/baby blue eyes.

As for the set. It's really nice. Pretty big, about the size of the anthology releases. I read in the new 500th issue of wwe magazine, That the Cena dvd, now being released on 11/13, will have one as well. With cena stuff of course.

Last edited by shacmasta; 12-09-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 07:56 PM

As for the set. It's really nice. Pretty big, about the size of the anthology releases. I read in the new 500th issue of wwe magazine, That the Cena dvd, now being released on 11/13, will have one as well. With cena stuff of course.

Heres the listing for the Cena set:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1772250
Old 10-23-07, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the pictures Shacmasta.
Old 10-23-07, 08:47 PM

What size is the T-Shirt that come with the RM DVD Box set?

Did they have different sizes (I am guessing not)....but just wanted confirmation?
Old 10-23-07, 08:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone have a summary/chapter listing of the Undertaker 15-0 dvd?
Old 10-23-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What size is the T-Shirt that come with the RM DVD Box set?

Did they have different sizes (I am guessing not)....but just wanted confirmation?

The one in my box was an X-Large
Old 10-23-07, 09:09 PM

Picked up the rey disk today at walmart with the bonus disk.. I picked up the blue mask.. that was the last one.. awsome deal for fifteen bucks.
Old 10-23-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have a feeling it's going to be the yellow/cream color that becomes the hard one to track down. Just my feeling on the situation. The front of my mysterio dvd says "4 collectible colors, 1 great dvd". I've seen the green, blue, black and red on the shelves of my local dvd shops, no yellow/cream color though.

With all that said. The best buy ad shows the yellow/cream color as part of the best buy exclusive ultimate fan edition set.
Thanks Shacmasta for the answer and the 1st hand photosharing of the set!

Looks like from the stores Ive been at it seems that BLUE and BLACK are the common ones!
Old 10-23-07, 09:42 PM

Yeah...

the only thing you wouldnt get is the sticker saying

4collectible cards
Old 10-23-07, 09:47 PM

Went back to Walmart and picked up the black Rey set for $14.96, great price.
Old 10-23-07, 09:52 PM

Hey Shacmasta......what size shirt was in your RM Box set? Did you get an XL like Sabrett?

Thanks Sabrett for sharing the t-shirt size.
Old 10-23-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Shacmasta......what size shirt was in your RM Box set? Did you get an XL like Sabrett?

Thanks Sabrett for sharing the t-shirt size.
Size XL, Just like Sabrett.

Originally Posted by Untitled 1 and Xage
Thanks for the pictures Shacmasta. / Thanks Shacmasta for the answer and the 1st hand photosharing of the set!
And your welcome guys. Anytime.
Old 10-23-07, 11:40 PM

So wait, this "Ultimate Fan Edition" is available exclusively at Best Buy-is it available in the UFE "Gold" Cover for the DVD by itself (for 19.99?)-or is the gold cover only available in the package deal for 39.99 with the shirt, etc.

If I can, I'll pick up the Limited Gold Cover DVD (only), and have them do a price match for 17.99 with Circuit. I'd do the 14.96 pricematch with WalMart, but it has to be advertised prices-and it's not in an ad. Internet pricing is void.
Old 10-23-07, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
So wait, this "Ultimate Fan Edition" is available exclusively at Best Buy-is it available in the UFE "Gold" Cover for the DVD by itself (for 19.99?)-or is the gold cover only available in the package deal for 39.99 with the shirt, etc.

If I can, I'll pick up the Limited Gold Cover DVD (only), and have them do a price match for 17.99 with Circuit. I'd do the 14.96 pricematch with WalMart, but it has to be advertised prices-and it's not in an ad. Internet pricing is void.
The Gold One is in packed with the giftset.. its is not sold out of the giftset
Old 10-24-07, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by xage
The Gold One is in packed with the giftset.. its is not sold out of the giftset
I salute you my friend.

I'll be going with the 14.99 black version from Walmart then.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.