Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume 3

Old 10-20-07, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from nodq:

The WWE RAW 15th Anniversary DVD is scheduled to be released on December 26th.
Old 10-20-07, 07:51 PM

the rumble match on the shawn michaels dvd is reason enough for me to buy it. hope nothings clipped.

can anyone comment on the new mysterio dvd (matches, documentary), i have the first one, should i just sell it and get this one?
Old 10-21-07, 12:06 AM

Keep the 619 DVD, as there isn't THAT much overlap between the new Rey DVD and the previous edition.

The E has me conflicted... it's hard as hell to find the From the Vault DVD with the most famous HBK matches, but I'm glad that the stuff on that match listing for the new HBK set really wasn't covered in the previous DVD. Also, I really want those HHH and Cena matches, as they are fantastic.
Old 10-21-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
the rumble match on the shawn michaels dvd is reason enough for me to buy it. hope nothings clipped.

can anyone comment on the new mysterio dvd (matches, documentary), i have the first one, should i just sell it and get this one?
I second you keep it. The New Mysterio dvd doesn't have a doc like the 619 dvd has. True most of the matches on 619 (I believe 6 out of the 10 matches) are on the new mysterio dvd but the extra's aren't. I think they compliment each other.
Old 10-21-07, 08:51 AM

Photos of the new Mysterio DVD (Red Version):

Old 10-21-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder, what would be the sought after Rey Mysterio Colored case?

Did WWE pull a secret chase color set? or simply each color of the Rey set are distributed equally?
Old 10-21-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SandsShifter
Keep the 619 DVD, as there isn't THAT much overlap between the new Rey DVD and the previous edition.

The E has me conflicted... it's hard as hell to find the From the Vault DVD with the most famous HBK matches, but I'm glad that the stuff on that match listing for the new HBK set really wasn't covered in the previous DVD. Also, I really want those HHH and Cena matches, as they are fantastic.
I always come across the Vault dvd at my local FYE or Best Buy. You can always order it from Shopzone. It's like 15.99 w/The Boyhood Dream dvd.
Old 10-21-07, 05:24 PM

i wasnt sure about what rey mysterio cover color i will buy...but the red one is great! i will buy the red one unless theres one version that includes and extra disc.
Old 10-21-07, 07:43 PM

ok, thanks for the feedback guys. ill just keep 619. that sucks tho that alot of the matches i already have. ill just wait till walmart or zellers has a sale and then pick it up.
Old 10-21-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shacmasta
I always come across the Vault dvd at my local FYE or Best Buy. You can always order it from Shopzone. It's like 15.99 w/The Boyhood Dream dvd.
Thanks! I'll let my friend know as he keeps on borrowing my Vault DVD - lol maybe I should charge a rental fee - although he was wondering if someone was going to package the Vault DVD along with the new Michaels DVD. Maybe WWE.com will do that - all three DVD's plus a T-Shirt-magazine or something.

Not sure what color Mysterio DVD I will go with. Hopefully Best Buy has a few colors available as I'll be pricematching the "store that shall not be named" ad there as they are selling it for $17.99. (Hey $2.00 is $2.00!) Then I will not only be able to use my gift card but also get enough reward zone pts to put me over the amount for a $10 gift certificate.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-22-07 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-21-07, 09:07 PM

Just to comment on the shoot dvds...im not a real big fan of shoots dvds because of the sometimes dark lighting or audio issues. However, the ONLY one I did purchase was Nora "Molly" Greenwald's "Shooting the Sh*t...Crap". And it was excellent, she's my alltime fav Diva! If you can get your hands on a copy of it, I would definitely do so.
Old 10-21-07, 09:21 PM
Suspended

you can count me in bro, im necessarily not a big fan of shoot dvd's myself thus i have only 2 shoot dvd's w/ the same title it's Ringside Collectible: Ultimate Warrior Shoot Interview

The good thing about it is the dvd tagline that Warrior break his silence, the bad thing is he cannot remember some of the info at the time he worked for WWF (side effects of steroids-use i presume)

Originally Posted by throwback

Last edited by throwback; 10-21-07 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-21-07, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by throwback
you can count me in bro, im necessarily not a big fan of shoot dvd's myself thus i have only 2 shoot dvd's w/ the same title it's Ringside Collectible: Ultimate Warrior Shoot Interview
I kinda like shoot DVDs if the person is interesting. I got 2 ROH Straight Shootin' DVDs when ROHwrestling.com had their grab bag offer recently ($12 for 4 DVDs, with at least 1 or 2 being pretty good? Such a great deal if you don't have much of a collection). They were the James Mitchell and Percy Pringle (aka Paul Bearer) ones and it's definitely interesting to hear their stories (particularly Pringle)

So I guess the Warrior shoot should be decent, he's very, very, very interesting
Old 10-21-07, 10:35 PM

Hello all!

I was picking up the Summerslam 3-pack at Circuit City yesterday and I remember seeing something I didn't know about. On Vengeance 06, there was a sticker saying exclusive bonus disc. Was this a CC exclusive, and if so, what did it contain?

I made be completely wrong, but I am almost positive I read that.

Thanks
Shane

Also... any news on a Summerslam boxset?!
Old 10-21-07, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by davethomasowns
Hello all!

I was picking up the Summerslam 3-pack at Circuit City yesterday and I remember seeing something I didn't know about. On Vengeance 06, there was a sticker saying exclusive bonus disc. Was this a CC exclusive, and if so, what did it contain?

I made be completely wrong, but I am almost positive I read that.

Thanks
Shane

Vengeance 2006 was released as 2 discs w/ a bunch of DX and vengenace extras...Its not a store-specific exclusive, you can still order it from different sites.
Old 10-21-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
I wonder, what would be the sought after Rey Mysterio Colored case?

Did WWE pull a secret chase color set? or simply each color of the Rey set are distributed equally?
I have a feeling it's going to be the yellow/cream color that becomes the hard one to track down. Just my feeling on the situation. The front of my mysterio dvd says "4 collectible colors, 1 great dvd". I've seen the green, blue, black and red on the shelves of my local dvd shops, no yellow/cream color though.

With all that said. The best buy ad shows the yellow/cream color as part of the best buy exclusive ultimate fan edition set.
Old 10-21-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any news on a bonus disc for the Rey Mysterio DVD? If not I'll just get it where I can get it the cheapest.
Old 10-22-07, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by davethomasowns

I E-mailed Silver Vision (UK WWE distributor) and they said basically said something along the lines of " they are looking into if there is a market for the release "

My advice would be to E-mail them and drum up some support for the release

[email protected]

I would love to see a King Of The Ring, Summerslam and Survivor Series boxset. Also, an In Your House boxset (if it was ever possible) would be awesome. Day dreams for now I suppose.
Old 10-22-07, 03:45 PM

Are all the entrances included on the Mysterio DVD or do some of the matches begin with the rasslers already in the ring? Also, if the entrances are shown, are the original themes from the WCW matches intact or have they been dubbed over?
Old 10-22-07, 05:51 PM

Both the Taker and Mysterio DVD "exclusive 2 packs" are priced at $14.96 a piece here at Long Island Walmarts. The other disc is of course the preview of the new SD v R game.

I've gone shoot crazy lately-The Ultimate warrior shoot was decent, but he comes off as an overbearing prick towards the interviewer (PWI's Mike Johnson) when the questions are not out of line, or ridiculous (compared to other shoot videos) as Warrior took them.

-RF's Scott Hall shoot is excellent. Although if you have the PWTorch Torch Talk with Hall that started in Sept 06, you heard probably 90% of every story told on the dvd.

-RF's Kevin Nash shoot is great too, although again, a lot he had revealed previously in a Torch Talk in 2005.

-RF Sid Volume 2 shoot is great-his view of himself "The most credible heel in the business today" is very slanted and warped, but he comes off as a nice country-boy type and remembers quite a bit when asked. This one's a must.

-RF's Billy Jack Haynes interview is the craziest fucking shoot you will ever hear.

-Face off Honky Tonk & Raven is great for laughs, it's the first in depth conversation the two ever had and they cover a number of topics.

-Nora's dvd was child's play, compared to the numerous shoots out there. But she self produced it, and if you're a fan of hers, you'll definately enjoy it.

-RF Demolition shoot was decent. Didn't live up to the billing that many gave it. Recommended, but only if you've run out of great stuff.

-RF's New Age Outlawz shoot is good, if you're into Triple H Bashing you'll love it. Both are really funny guys and the charisma that Gunn was always said to have, yet never translated into a top tier singles career, does come across on this interview.

Those are the recent ones I've watched off the top of my head. I try to stay away from a lot of the b.s. ones. I pursue shoots of those who I'm a fan of (Hall, Nash, Demolition, etc) as well as shoots which give insight on the inner workings and the history of the business. There's a ton of perspective and insight to be gained when listening/watching some of the 'old school' guys shoots.
Old 10-22-07, 05:55 PM

In addition, the following RF Shoots I also recommend if you're looking for insider stuff pertaining to mid/late 90s WWF:
-Godfather 2007
-Bart Gunn
-Bam Bam Bigelow
-Kevin Kelly (I believe this was was DOI)
Old 10-23-07, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Both the Taker and Mysterio DVD "exclusive 2 packs" are priced at $14.96 a piece here at Long Island Walmarts. The other disc is of course the preview of the new SD v R game.

I've gone shoot crazy lately-The Ultimate warrior shoot was decent, but he comes off as an overbearing prick towards the interviewer (PWI's Mike Johnson) when the questions are not out of line, or ridiculous (compared to other shoot videos) as Warrior took them.

-RF's Scott Hall shoot is excellent. Although if you have the PWTorch Torch Talk with Hall that started in Sept 06, you heard probably 90% of every story told on the dvd.

-RF's Kevin Nash shoot is great too, although again, a lot he had revealed previously in a Torch Talk in 2005.

-RF Sid Volume 2 shoot is great-his view of himself "The most credible heel in the business today" is very slanted and warped, but he comes off as a nice country-boy type and remembers quite a bit when asked. This one's a must.

-RF's Billy Jack Haynes interview is the craziest fucking shoot you will ever hear.

-Face off Honky Tonk & Raven is great for laughs, it's the first in depth conversation the two ever had and they cover a number of topics.

-Nora's dvd was child's play, compared to the numerous shoots out there. But she self produced it, and if you're a fan of hers, you'll definately enjoy it.

-RF Demolition shoot was decent. Didn't live up to the billing that many gave it. Recommended, but only if you've run out of great stuff.

-RF's New Age Outlawz shoot is good, if you're into Triple H Bashing you'll love it. Both are really funny guys and the charisma that Gunn was always said to have, yet never translated into a top tier singles career, does come across on this interview.

Those are the recent ones I've watched off the top of my head. I try to stay away from a lot of the b.s. ones. I pursue shoots of those who I'm a fan of (Hall, Nash, Demolition, etc) as well as shoots which give insight on the inner workings and the history of the business. There's a ton of perspective and insight to be gained when listening/watching some of the 'old school' guys shoots.

Which Wal-Mart on Long Island if you don't mind me asking? The one I went to today had each title for 14.96, but only alone, not with the second disc.
Old 10-23-07, 10:02 AM
Banned

I sure hope no one is going nuts buying all the Rey colors, the stores I went to had all the colors in equal amounts. I can't imagine anyone buying all 4 colors.
Old 10-23-07, 10:41 AM

I see that the WWE Royal Rumble Anthology is still available at some online shops. WWE didn't re-release the set with any alterations due to Chris Benoit, did they? I don't want to buy it if they deleted matches, or that sort of thing.
Old 10-23-07, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I have a feeling it's going to be the yellow/cream color that becomes the hard one to track down. Just my feeling on the situation. The front of my mysterio dvd says "4 collectible colors, 1 great dvd". I've seen the green, blue, black and red on the shelves of my local dvd shops, no yellow/cream color though.

With all that said. The best buy ad shows the yellow/cream color as part of the best buy exclusive ultimate fan edition set.
Just got back from spending the most money on new releases dvds I have ever spend on a Tuesday. I picked up the Rey Best Buy set and it has a GOLD cover, no other stores I went to this morning had that color. Walmart had plenty of the regular colors, both with the bonus game disk and the single packs. Also the Taker 15-0 Walmart exclusive was at 2 Walmarts today but not the third one. I was expecting a big display for this and the Rey but nothing. I don't think Walmart cares about promoting their own exclusive wrestling titles.

Last edited by JLBkret; 10-23-07 at 10:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.