DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   300 Director's Cut? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/514516-300-directors-cut.html)

Layne 10-15-07 03:13 PM

300 Director's Cut?

I tried to search for "300" it comes back with an error, so here's my post and I apologize if this has been covered previously. If it has, please point me to the thread.

Is there any info or any educated guessing regarding whether there will be an extended version of 300 on normal DVD?

Thanks.

canaryfarmer 10-15-07 03:21 PM

I haven't seen anything about it.

dsa_shea 10-15-07 05:15 PM

Let's hope it doesn't happen. My wallet is already in a twelve step program. And now that these Blu-Ray and HD-dvd deals are out there I'm struggling to keep him from going back to his old ways.

ILSA 10-15-07 05:20 PM

I was thinking about that, too.
Held off buying the current SE so far.
I definitely would be up for an unrated
director's cut of this movie.

ILSA

SteelWill 10-15-07 05:45 PM

Seems I read the director got the cut he wanted released. There is only about thirty seconds of (rightfully) deleted footage on the 2 disc DVD.

Rammsteinfan 10-15-07 05:50 PM

I think there was an interview when the dvd came out and the director said that he got what he wanted. the few scenes that were left out were done so on purpose. If the studio releases an uncut one then it will just be the deleted scenes and a waste of time.

Drexl 10-15-07 06:01 PM

I take it the OP is really asking about an extended cut rather than a proper director's cut. I don't think we'd get an EE, because Warner usually doesn't do them. Warner is also not a big double dipper, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Another studio like Sony or Universal probably would have done an "unrated" one though.

mike2 10-15-07 06:35 PM

Eh 300's 2 disk set lacked features. I wish i never bought the 2 disk. It was somewhat classified as an epic but it has a low run time...i'm not sure if that leads to an extended/directors cut or not. But as steelwill said, there were barely any deleted scenes. We do have to take into account that both troy and of course alexander have had numerous editions out on dvd. I've double dipped a lot on those two titles alone. I'm sure they'll get us somehow with 300 as well! Just give it time. Wb i'm sure has it all planned out.

Zen Peckinpah 10-15-07 07:21 PM

How much you want to bet the double-dip (if it happens) is called the "This is Sparta, We Mean It This Time" edition?

Layne 10-15-07 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I take it the OP is really asking about an extended cut rather than a proper director's cut. I don't think we'd get an EE, because Warner usually doesn't do them. Warner is also not a big double dipper, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Another studio like Sony or Universal probably would have done an "unrated" one though.

Yeah any sort of extended version. :)

As SteelWill and Rammsteinfan mentioned, I too heard a rumor somewhere that the SE release was going to be the only release. I couldnt find info anywhere...

Thanks for the discussion.

mikelowry 10-16-07 10:53 PM

Does 300 really deserve a new cut? The theatrical version was damn fine for me.

rexinnih 10-17-07 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mikelowry
Does 300 really deserve a new cut? The theatrical version was damn fine for me.

Must agree. Great the way it is.

uncle-frank 10-17-07 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by mikelowry
Does 300 really deserve a new cut? The theatrical version was bad enough.

IMO:)

xage 10-17-07 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Layne
I tried to search for "300" it comes back with an error, so here's my post and I apologize if this has been covered previously. If it has, please point me to the thread.

Is there any info or any educated guessing regarding whether there will be an extended version of 300 on normal DVD?

Thanks.

here is the thread link:

300 DVD