Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bourne Ultimatum/Jason Bourne Collection [merged w/ "what happened" thread]

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Bourne Ultimatum/Jason Bourne Collection [merged w/ "what happened" thread]

Old 12-06-07, 02:34 PM
  #51  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by etcl
was there a thread which had discussed which discs are going to be included in this collection


Judging by the back cover, it will just combine the Identity Extended release with Supremacy and Ultimatum. No idea if this version of Identity will include the missing commentary (ala Bourne Files), or if it will just be the standard release. (I suspect the latter.)

The bonus disc is expected to be carried over from the Bourne Files collection, while Best Buy's exclusive disc contains two featurettes and a music video. (These extras are included on the Region 2 dvd, but failed to make the Region 1.)

Last edited by poirot; 12-06-07 at 04:24 PM.
poirot is offline  
Old 12-06-07, 07:37 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
There's talk of a steelbook...is Best Buy in US getting it or just Futureshop?
tylergfoster is offline  
Old 12-06-07, 07:40 PM
  #53  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CFL
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
There's talk of a steelbook...is Best Buy in US getting it or just Futureshop?
i believe both are getting it
haleyxvader is offline  
Old 12-06-07, 10:47 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Lecithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cicely, AK
Posts: 1,487
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Since I, as another person mentioned, bought the Bourne Files at BB for $9.99 (with an equivalent ticket inside), it was basically free and I have no problem dropping for this new set if it's got good features.

Ditto, didn't mind getting the Bourne files for $9.99 and seeing the third movie free, knowing I would have to buy it separately later.
Lecithin is offline  
Old 12-06-07, 11:59 PM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 335
Originally Posted by Lecithin
Ditto, didn't mind getting the Bourne files for $9.99 and seeing the third movie free, knowing I would have to buy it separately later.
I sold my Bourne Files set in anticipation of the trilogy on HD-DVD. Got $14 for it on half.com, so I've made a net profit, and that's in addition to the free movie ticket. No regrets here getting Bourne Files.
utopianz14 is offline  
Old 12-07-07, 07:36 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,516
Originally Posted by utopianz14
I sold my Bourne Files set in anticipation of the trilogy on HD-DVD. Got $14 for it on half.com, so I've made a net profit, and that's in addition to the free movie ticket. No regrets here getting Bourne Files.
Same here. Bought for $10, got a free $10 ticket and sold for $17 on half.com.

I'm awaiting the HD set from Amazon though.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 12-07-07, 09:35 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Posts: 3,905
Since it looks like the bonus disc is the same, I will be getting the steelbook.
macnorton is offline  
Old 12-07-07, 02:40 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 2,576
Originally Posted by poirot


Judging by the back cover, it will just combine the Identity Extended release with Supremacy and Ultimatum. No idea if this version of Identity will include the missing commentary (ala Bourne Files), or if it will just be the standard release. (I suspect the latter.)

The bonus disc is expected to be carried over from the Bourne Files collection, while Best Buy's exclusive disc contains two featurettes and a music video. (These extras are included on the Region 2 dvd, but failed to make the Region 1.)
Well, since I've got the original release of The Bourne Identity, and don't have Supremacy, I'll probably get the Collection, just so I've got all the extras.

(Well, make that 2 copies; my girlfriend has that trilogy on her Christmas list).
MTRodaba2468 is offline  
Old 12-09-07, 01:03 AM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 346
Any news about the steelbook guys?

Apparently, the Future Shop steelbook version's bonus disc will be the first three Bionic Woman episodes. I doubt that will be the case with Best Buy.

Last edited by dman988; 12-09-07 at 01:10 AM.
dman988 is offline  
Old 12-09-07, 02:33 AM
  #60  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by dman988
Any news about the steelbook guys?

Apparently, the Future Shop steelbook version's bonus disc will be the first three Bionic Woman episodes. I doubt that will be the case with Best Buy.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...42&postcount=1
NewaM is offline  
Old 12-09-07, 08:44 AM
  #61  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
tylergfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
God I hope not. That show looked AWFUL. When they played theater ads I wanted to hit someone.
tylergfoster is offline  
Old 12-09-07, 05:11 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,518
Best Buy's ad says that their Steelbook comes with two discs, and the second one is 40 minutes of bonus features or something along those lines. As much as I would like the Jason Bourne Collection, I'll probably have to get this instead. We finally win over Canadians! We get an exclusive with our Steelbook! lol... Unfortunately, they win overall, with the exclusives left and right. Still though, a bonus disc with episodes of "The Bionic Woman"? That is bad.

I'll pick this up for a Canadian who wants to pick up either "Ratatouille," "Jungle Book" (if it's still available), or "Pirates 3" for me. Preferably I'd get all three, and then pay with "Bourne Ultimatum" + cost + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited by Kory; 12-09-07 at 05:21 PM.
Kory is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 01:11 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
howwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stress Free Zone
Posts: 1,439
R2 UK Version

Originally Posted by dman988
Any news about the steelbook guys?

Apparently, the Future Shop steelbook version's bonus disc will be the first three Bionic Woman episodes. I doubt that will be the case with Best Buy.
I ordered the R2 Steelbook from Amazon.co.uk. It was released today.

howwon is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 03:46 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by howwon
I ordered the R2 Steelbook from Amazon.co.uk. It was released today.

inda cool, but I think I like the set coming out tomorrow better.
prozac80 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 09:22 AM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: MD
Posts: 563
Anyone get the Best Buy Steelbook? 2nd Disc worth it?
crow121 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 10:15 AM
  #66  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Elizabethton, TN
Posts: 672
disc two bonus features

big city action: see what it took to put together the most intense car chase.

the evolution of nicky: find out more about the only character who has been through it all with jason bourne
orion1998_1 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 10:17 AM
  #67  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Elizabethton, TN
Posts: 672
any clear idea why the 3 movie hd dvd set was dropped?
orion1998_1 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 10:49 AM
  #68  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by orion1998_1
disc two bonus features

big city action: see what it took to put together the most intense car chase.

the evolution of nicky: find out more about the only character who has been through it all with jason bourne
So the The Bourne Ultimatum with the steelbook packaging has the same in-store bonus exclusive (with the exception of the Moby music video) as the Jason Bourne Collection?
macphoen is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 02:08 PM
  #69  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 481
So BB is the only one with an exclusive bonus disc for this? All others are regular release?
blued888 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 02:11 PM
  #70  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Elizabethton, TN
Posts: 672
after looking at the disc the moby vid is there too
orion1998_1 is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 03:41 PM
  #71  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 24
any pics of the Jason Bourne Collection Boxset? was wondering how it compares to the R2 LE..
NewaM is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 09:27 PM
  #72  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by macphoen
So the The Bourne Ultimatum with the steelbook packaging has the same in-store bonus exclusive (with the exception of the Moby music video) as the Jason Bourne Collection?
Um, unless I'm very much mistaken, THE JASON BOURNE COLLECTION does not come with an in-store exclusive disc, only the Steelbook of ULTIMATUM at Best Buy. The COLLECTION allegedly does come with the same bonus disc that was in THE BOURNE FILES from earlier this year (which included three featurettes on Robert Ludlum and the trailer for ULTIMATUM). What I'd love is for someone who bought the COLLECTION to confirm exactly what the bonus disc has on it.
God, Part II is offline  
Old 12-11-07, 10:02 PM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 774
Originally Posted by Kory
Best Buy's ad says that their Steelbook comes with two discs, and the second one is 40 minutes of bonus features or something along those lines. As much as I would like the Jason Bourne Collection, I'll probably have to get this instead. We finally win over Canadians! We get an exclusive with our Steelbook! lol... Unfortunately, they win overall, with the exclusives left and right. Still though, a bonus disc with episodes of "The Bionic Woman"? That is bad.

I'll pick this up for a Canadian who wants to pick up either "Ratatouille," "Jungle Book" (if it's still available), or "Pirates 3" for me. Preferably I'd get all three, and then pay with "Bourne Ultimatum" + cost + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know.
We don't completely lose as the regular edition at Bestbuy Canada does come with a bonus disc that sounds like what the US steelbook comes with..

BTW: has there been actually confirmation on what is on the 4th disc of the complete collection?
Later
johnsun is offline  
Old 12-12-07, 12:38 AM
  #74  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
a question to anyone who bought the jason bourne collection: are the individual movies shrinkwrapped inside or open? i'm assuming it's the latter, but hoping it's the former...

also, i'm guessing this is uncertain as of right now, but: if we have both the bourne files and the best buy ultimatum steelbook, are all the special features included? that is, all the special features found on the fourth disc of the jason bourne collection can be found spread out over files/ultimatum steelbook? just curious, as i want to have all special features but with as few double-dips as possible. thanks in advance for any info!
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 12-12-07, 12:43 AM
  #75  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 291
The individual films in the collection are shrinkwrapped.

The fourth disc has the same features included in the Bourne Files collection.

The special features on that bonus disc are not included in the steel book edition of "Ultimatum."

The special features on the two-disc edition of "Ultimatum" are, as far as I know, exclusive to that set.

To get all the special features, you would need to buy both the four-disc set and the two-disc edition of "Ultimatum." I'm a big enough fan of the series, so (foolishly?) I did just that. I put the shrinkwrapped "Ultimatum" on Half.com and put the steelbook in with the other two movies. It fits perfectly.
wastro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.