Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official MMA DVD Discussion Thread (UFC/Pride & Other)

Does anyone have any info on the upcoming Ortiz/Liddell DVD/BD set? I know it will have their two fights, but I am curious as to what else there is on it. I'd love to see the little documentary that DirecTV produced back in 2004 before their first fight included.
Old 08-13-11, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Does anyone have any info on the upcoming Ortiz/Liddell DVD/BD set? I know it will have their two fights, but I am curious as to what else there is on it. I'd love to see the little documentary that DirecTV produced back in 2004 before their first fight included.
cool name

All I've seen of this as far as extras so far is the 2 fights and the countdown to their second fight.
Old 10-01-11, 06:52 AM

I absolutely hate the packaging they used for the Gracie, Hughes and Liddell/Ortiz dvds/blu rays. You can't find many that aren't all bent up. I see that Ultimate Gracie is now out in regular dvd and blu ray cases, so I assume the others will be in time. Just like when some of them would come out with slip covers...I would take it it's just an initial run of them before the convert to regular cases (which I prefer).
Old 10-07-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I love the releases but the packaging has got to go.
Old 10-12-11, 12:11 PM

I thought since Zuffa bought Strikeforce we may see a Best of Strikeforce dvd/bd hit stores, but since the show in December with the Melendez title match will probably be one of their last, I doubt it. At least it'll probably take a while, maybe if there's a market for vintage MMA in the future we'll see a release, similar to the way older footage of WWE is so sought after.

I would do a recent pickups list in the post, but hey if UFC releases a dvd, you can be damn sure I get it on the day of the release. I look forward to this stuff. Only thing I haven't gotten is Ultimate Hughes on bd since none of my local stores have it. I also need to pickup bd's of Ultimate Heavyweights & Ultimate Knockouts 8 eventually then I'll have the complete blu ray collection.

Alright that's it for this post. See ya next month when I post again LOL
Old 10-21-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon is showing a listing for a $121.99 20 disc UFC set called "UFC: Ultimate Fight Collection 2011". Anybody have any info on this?
Old 11-01-11, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Amazon is showing a listing for a $121.99 20 disc UFC set called "UFC: Ultimate Fight Collection 2011". Anybody have any info on this?
Anyone have some 'tails (TM Tom Haverford) on this one?
Old 11-03-11, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Anyone have some 'tails (TM Tom Haverford) on this one?
-- Lesnar vs. Velasquez. Silva vs. Belfort. Shogun vs. Jones. St-Pierre vs. Shields. These are some of the top matches of the year, and will be available on UFC Ultimate Fight Collection 2011, an anthology of the epic battles fought between July 2010 and June 2011. This 20-disc DVD set will hit stores on December 6 and captures every important moment with over 50 hours of footage -- including 10 hours of content never before available on DVD. The set will get an exclusive roll out at Best Buy on November 8. You can check out a sneak peak of the DVD set below:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxxYGgnITU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxxYGgnITU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Old 11-12-11, 10:20 AM

The Ultimate Fight Collection is actually out at Best Buy Stores right now for 99.99. It came out 11/8. I came in this thread to basically ask the same question, what's the set like, is it 20 new discs with matches grouped together in certain order? Or is it just 20 of the dvds that were from that time period that I'd already had since I buy every UFC dvd that comes out? If it's a new release all together I'd put some money away and buy it, but if it's just the same discs we've already purchased then forget it.\

Anyone who has the set please speak up as I dont want to drop $100 on something I already have. THanks.
Old 11-15-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You essentially get half of all the PPVs. Half of three fight nights and half of three UFC live on versus events. Not worth $100.00 imho.
Old 11-18-11, 10:09 PM

can somebody help me out
i not to familiar with pride, i saw a vanderlie silva "best of" i believe it was a ppv special several years ago, maybe the last couple of years before pride was bought by dana white

it was a great show, showcasing several of his top matches, i believe it showed the entire matches with rampage and such

i can't seem to find this on dvd or blu ray, i was wondering does anybody have a list of dvds/blu rays that pride or maybe dana himself released on pride, just the "best of", not the events

and as far as events, what would are some of the best, i loved watching those silva's fights, much better than the ufc imo
Old 11-21-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you want the best of Wand your best bet is top pick up those Pride Legacy sets. They're relatively cheap on Amazon. And Wand Vs. Rampage II from Pride 28 = Best Match Ever.
Old 11-28-11, 07:34 AM

For chuckliddell

This is not Pride but there's a Best Of Wanderlei Silva DVD on Amazon that has his old bareknuckle fights on from IVC and some other shows in Brazil.

For best Pride events I'd give these a look

Pride 10
Saku vs Renzo and Wandy vs Mezger are epic and the rest of the card is great too.

Pride 13
Wand vs Saku 1, Igor vs Telligman and some nasty KO's by Hendo and Coleman. Great card top to bottom.

Pride 17
Wand vs Saku 2, Nog vs Herring 1 in one of the best HW fights in MMA and Igor vs Sperry and Hendo vs Ninja.

Pride 25
Fedor vs Nog 1, Rampage vs Randleman and Anderson vs Newton.

Pride 28
Wand vs Rampage 2 - the best fight of their trilogy

Pride 33
One of Pride's very best shows. Wand vs Hendo 2, Gomi vs Diaz, Shogun vs Overeem 2, Sakurai vs Danzig and Lil Nog vs Sokoudjou. Get it.

Bushido 9
My favourite show Pride ever did and maybe my favourite MMA card ever. Its that good. Especially the LWGP, one great fight after another

Shockwave 2002
For the classic Nog vs Sapp fight. Cro Cop vs Saku and Le Banner vs Frye are good too

Shockwave 2004
Best of the Shockwaves I think. Fedor vs Nog 3, Wand vs Hunt, Anderson vs Chonan, Cro Cop vs Randleman 2 and Gomi vs Pulver. Stacked and the fights deliver

And all of the GPs

If you have to narrow it down from that list I'd urge you to get Shockwave 2004, Bushido 9, Pride 33, Pride 28 and the 2003, 2005 and 2006 GPs. You'll have some of the best fights in Pride/MMA history with them.
Old 12-27-11, 07:26 PM

How is the entrance music edited on DVDs of the PPVs?
Old 12-28-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The entrance music has been replaced with original tracks since Zuffa doesn't license the songs.

One another note it looks like the UFC 137 & 138 discs have been scrapped in favor of a combo disc of both events.
Old 01-05-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like Amazon has the UFC Best Of 2011 disc available for pre-order. Any ideas on the fight listing?
Old 01-16-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like that 2011 Ultimate Collection didn't last long. Any word why it went Out of Print so quick?
Old 01-19-12, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Looks like that 2011 Ultimate Collection didn't last long. Any word why it went Out of Print so quick?
Its already OOP? Interesting. Even though I have all the events I would've bought that if it was included all the fights.
Old 01-21-12, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Luckily, I got it for Christmas from a Family Member. I usually jump on all things UFC/MMA but dragged my feet a little for two reasons. One because of the Price and Two because it wasn't released on Blu-Ray. So I figured to wait until it was released on Blu-Ray. So that kept me from buying it myself, lol.

I do agree the fact that it wasn't complete annoyed me as well but the fact that they released those Fight Nights/Ufc on Versus bouts intrigued me.
Old 03-12-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like the best of 2011 fight list has been released:

dos Santos v Velasquez *Previously unreleased
Jones v Shogun
Jones v Jackson
Jones v Machida
Silva v Belfort
Silva v Okami
GSP v Shields
Edgar v Maynard 2 & 3
Aldo v Hominick
Aldo v Florian
Cruz v Faber
Cruz v Johnson *Previously unreleased
Kongo v Barry *Previously unreleased
Guida v Henderson *Previously unreleased
Henderson v Shogun
Machida v Couture
Mir v Nogueira 2
Condit v Kim
Ortiz v Bader
Leben v Wanderlei
Shogun v Griffin
Nogueira v Schaub
Sonnen v Stann
Diaz v Penn
Lesnar v Overeem
Faber v Bowles
Silva v Le

I'm disappointed Kampmann - Sanchez didn't make the cut. If it weren't for the epicness of Shogun - Hendo that would've been my fight of the year.
Old 04-06-12, 01:40 AM

I have 2 UFC 43 dvds, one is normal, and one is shiny. Can anyone tell me why it's shiny?
Old 04-06-12, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The original releases of UFC 43 and 44 had a metallic looking finish. Those two titles marked their entrance into regular retail channels back in 2003.
Old 04-10-12, 04:25 AM

what rare or hard to find dvd's do you all have? i have the first 2 extreme fighting dvd's that john peretti promoted back in the day and wef's 8(going platinum) and 9(world class).

The wef dvd's have old Minotauro Nogueira, matt hughes, jens pulver and din thomas fights on them.

I also have 4 valor fighting dvd's, volume 1 has the first valor show as bonus fights and the second show as main show, all 4 dvd's are great.

I also have a rare best of ring of fire dvd with a young leonard "bad boy" garcia and pete spratt fighting on the dvd, also has ufc vet brad gumm on the dvd as well as a kickboxing match.

I also have the best of sportfight on dvd with fighters and fights like chael sonnen vs jeremy horn, ryan schultz, pat healy, jeff monson, matt horwich, brian stann, chris leben, joe doerkson, benji radach and other big time mma stars and i also have a rage in the cage dvd with ricco rodriguez, jamie varner, steve " the robot" cantwell and some other stars of the ritc organization...this dvd is called extreme cagefighting...the show is ritc 78: back with a vengeance.

what rare or hard to find dvd's do you people have and where can i find them online?
Old 06-11-12, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well it seems the UFC and it's Distributor Anchor Bay has done away with the Traditional Digipak w/slipcase box for the The Ultimate Fighter Season 14. It's in a 5 disc regular sized amaray case. This sucks if you like to stack your seasons side by side on a shelf. I mean you can still do it just doesn't look as cool in my book.