DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix [merged w/ video quality thread] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/510809-harry-potter-order-phoenix-%5Bmerged-w-video-quality-thread%5D.html)

Mao 09-02-07 10:56 AM

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix --> Dec. 11th!

Perfectly times to maximize holiday shopping sales, expect the usual 2-disc special edition...final details to follow...

RichardW 09-02-07 10:56 AM

Bring on the HD DVD!

tofferman 09-02-07 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by RichardW
Bring on the HD DVD!

Since my kids aren't allowed to even touch an HD-DVD, I'll instead purchase the SD 2 -disc. Looking forward to this release.

argh923 09-02-07 12:42 PM

OK...and where did you see this one as well? :) I haven't seen these two releases mentioned ANYWHERE. :)

critterdvd 09-02-07 12:57 PM

Will this get an HD/Blu release? If memory serves none of the other movies have gotten the HD treatment...

Sabrett 09-02-07 01:13 PM

Impatiently waiting for more details. I can't wait to buy this one!!

bluetoast 09-02-07 01:14 PM

Can we assume this will have the 1D/2D release like with GoF? If not, here's hoping they follow the DVD release pattern of the first three movies.

TheMovieman 09-02-07 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Can we assume this will have the 1D/2D release like with GoF? If not, here's hoping they follow the DVD release pattern of the first three movies.

I think it's almost given WB will do the same as GoF, unfortunately. I've liked the covers of the 2D but the features haven't been great IMO.

TNAJason 09-02-07 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Will this get an HD/Blu release? If memory serves none of the other movies have gotten the HD treatment...

A while ago HighDefDigest announced that a 5-movie box set would come in time for the holidays,but no date,features were given. Hopefully we will get IME pip making of like 4 has in the UK.

thursdaynighter 09-03-07 12:14 AM

Very good movie, hope the release will have some cool extras.

ytrez 09-03-07 09:57 AM

HP was announced for Blu-ray and I'm looking forward to picking this one up!

mhg83 09-03-07 09:39 PM

I heard somewhere that they filmed an additional 40 minutes of footage that was cut out. Is there any chance we'll see an extended edition of the film?

critterdvd 09-03-07 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83
I heard somewhere that they filmed an additional 40 minutes of footage that was cut out. Is there any chance we'll see an extended edition of the film?

From everything I've heard over the years is that we shouldn't expect extended cuts or commentaries until all the movies have been released...

Giles 09-04-07 08:54 AM

I'm hoping the HD-DVD version is a combo

(ducks and covers).

taronga 09-04-07 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll only be getting 10 minutes of deleted scenes.

00:02:31:17 ("TRELAWNY EATING")
00:00:13:08 ("NEVILLE SPEAKS UP FOR HARRY")
00:00:26:02 ("STEADY CAM AROUND")
00:02:46:18 ("UMBRIDGE QUESTIONS TRELAWNY")
00:00:17:21 ("MALFOY CRABBE AND GOYLE BULLY A STUDENT")
00:00:21:06 ("FILTCH BLOWS ON UMBRIDGE'S HAIR")
00:01:47:14 ("HARRY HERMIONE AND UMBRIDGE - EXTENDED")
00:00:37:22 ("HARRY ENTERS")
00:01:07:23 ("HARRY AND RON PACKING")

Giles 09-04-07 12:52 PM

the extended cut will most likely end up on network television where Harry Potter I and II debuted as and stay there exclusively.

bluetoast 09-04-07 02:49 PM

That deleted scene with Malfoy probably would have doubled his screen time. -biggrin-

Giles 09-05-07 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
That deleted scene with Malfoy probably would have doubled his screen time. -biggrin-

so he WAS more prominent in the book then?

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 09-05-07 10:28 AM

I'm just going to wait for all of them to come out in some special BR set, or whatever fancy format we all use by then.

I can always Tivo the HD version and keep it there like I did with the 6 Star Wars movies.

paulringodaman 09-05-07 10:30 AM

i have yet to see it.....cannot wait!

mwbmis 09-05-07 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
so he WAS more prominent in the book then?

Than in the movie? Sure, but he's not really a prominent character in Book 5 either. He'll have a bigger part in the next movie though.

islandclaws 09-06-07 11:55 AM

It's getting harder to justify buying these releases since none of the packaging matches anymore and now with talk of future extended cuts, why waste money now? You know that after the last film they're going to put out a mega-uber-deluxe set with all films extended and enough extras to choke an elephant. I'll probably still end up getting the 2-disc for this.

Giles 09-06-07 12:23 PM

that's always been the long held rumour: that the next editions of the Harry Potter series, would feature more extras and possibly commentaries, including the extended cuts for Harry Potter 1 and 2 (please Warners, please).

critterdvd 09-06-07 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
It's getting harder to justify buying these releases since none of the packaging matches anymore and now with talk of future extended cuts, why waste money now? You know that after the last film they're going to put out a mega-uber-deluxe set with all films extended and enough extras to choke an elephant. I'll probably still end up getting the 2-disc for this.

The promise of uber-editions is the reason why I've been buying the single-disc versions of these movies. I want them now, but I can wait for the uber-edition. This is why I'll be buying 5-7 in SD, because I know the complete series will eventually come out on Blu/HD with amazing extras...

Rusty James 09-06-07 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis

Take a toke and don't fret so much. Life is short, man.