Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Transformers --> Oct. 16th!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-07, 01:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 906 Likes on 766 Posts
Originally Posted by co.dot
I don't think you've grasped the whole aspect and meaning of sarcasm.
if you couldn't tell that my post, which did not make any sense whatsoever, and was complete and utter babble for humor purposes only was in jest than i think it is you who doesn't know the meaning.
Old 10-14-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
All these exclusives give me a headache. I'm getting the plain old 2-disc set and calling it a day.
Same here -- I'm not taking the bait and buying the same movie ten times just to get everything there is to offer. Come the same time next week, another movie will be released and I won't care about this one.
Old 10-14-07, 02:07 PM

Well, it looks to me like the only interesting exclusive is the Walmart Disc since it (possibly) extends the story. The rest looks like a lot of junk I'll eventually throw out. Even the steelbooks suck. The artwork on them looks like temp artwork.
Old 10-14-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Johnsun, Big Big Favor!

Once you obtain the Bestbuy Canada Exclusive please post it here! Thanks!

Your exclusive is entirely different compare to ours here in the US

Originally Posted by johnsun
Curiousity got the best of me and I decided to open the lithograph up.. Here are the pics:

Alittle disappointed it all about Megatron. I took the lithograph out hoping it would be double sided with Optimus Prime, but it was blank.. Does anything know if this was part of a series of Transformers lithographs?
Later
Old 10-14-07, 05:22 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by scott1598
if you couldn't tell that my post, which did not make any sense whatsoever, and was complete and utter babble for humor purposes only was in jest than i think it is you who doesn't know the meaning.
Yes, your post was indeed all of that. But what you just described is not sarcasm at all and it also failed to be what you described it.

Last edited by co.dot; 10-14-07 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-14-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
All these exclusives give me a headache. I'm getting the plain old 2-disc set and calling it a day.
Ditto!

Costco will likely have it for $20.89.
Old 10-14-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bookcase3
Same here -- I'm not taking the bait and buying the same movie ten times just to get everything there is to offer.
True that! Best Buy, Target, Wally world, Future Shop never imports, the releases are getting totally out of hand.

But I have to say, with the DVD market getting just the slightest tint of flatness with the likes of the High Def wars (among other reasons) .. these new release campaigns do add some fun back into mix. So it's alright ...

Exclusive releases will just about always sell out (win/win for the businesses) and there are will always be a group that will collect all of the them. Xage isn't just a member, he's the president of that particular organization

As for me .. rental first and then maybe the 2DSE SD ...

Last edited by visitor Q; 10-14-07 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-14-07, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by co.dot
Yes, your post was indeed all of that. But what you just described is not sarcasm at all and it also failed to be what you described it.
Let it go.
Old 10-14-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2 disc set at fry's for $19.99. Got my ad for PM!
Old 10-14-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Walked into FYE today and pre-ordered the steelbook Autobots edition. Can't wait.
Old 10-14-07, 09:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jjcool
Wow. what an ass.
Mod note: As a senior member you've been here long enough to know this type of post isn't acceptable here. If you have a problem w/ what a poster is saying address that (or just report it to the mods if it is in violation of the rules). DO NOT address the poster themselves, esp in the manner you did above.
Old 10-14-07, 09:56 PM

Got a call today from Suncoast where I ordered the Autobot Steelbook. They wanted to make sure I was coming in to pick it up Tuesday, and told me the store only got 16 Steelbooks (Said I was lucky to get one, etc...). I guess they wanted to make sure I was getting it, and if not give someone else a chance to pick it up. I ordered on September 29th.
Old 10-14-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Aww man, I wasn't even going to pick up this disc as I foresee an extended cut in the future for this title, but target with there transformable dvd case, AHHHH
Old 10-14-07, 10:42 PM

I hated the movie, but the fact that these steelbooks are so limited almost makes me want to pick one up. Almost...
Old 10-15-07, 12:32 AM

Here is a quick picture I took of the Blockbuster exclusive mp3 player. It is 125MB.

Old 10-15-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by crashoverdrive
thank you verymuch i really appreciate it
Old 10-15-07, 02:42 AM

So, has anyone compiled a list of the billion different versions/exclusives of it that are coming out?
Old 10-15-07, 04:32 AM

This has got to be the most exclusives with any DVD ever released. I want the steelbook, but the closest FYE is 35 minutes away. I'll probably just get the 2 disc at Best Buy.
Old 10-15-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by scottp120
This has got to be the most exclusives with any DVD ever released. I want the steelbook, but the closest FYE is 35 minutes away. I'll probably just get the 2 disc at Best Buy.

correction, it was Fantastic Four who carries the most exclusive
Old 10-15-07, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
well, if you look a few posts above db27's post it will point you to the post that has the information pertaining to the post that directly quotes the other post about the "Transformers" steelbook post which is only a few away from the one post that says what to look for in the remaining few posts. also, i've seen the fye steelbook personally when i was in to pre-order and the posts that mention what they look like are pretty well posted already.

I too got to see the steelbook yesterday, the employee brought it out from the back yesterday and put a copy of my receipt along with my contact info on it. I convinced her to let me hold it, as though I would really try to run away with it or something. Anyway I was disappointed to see a few scratches on it, since the steelbook is black scratches are very noticecable, they show up as bright silver. Oh well, it WAS the last one in stock.
Old 10-15-07, 01:06 PM

I'm gonna rent disc 1 (disc 2 is not up for rent online or in B&M).
Gonna save my $23 for the Super Edt that will come in the box thing they are trying to save from Megatron.
You know its already ready for its release in about 6 months..
Old 10-15-07, 05:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 906 Likes on 766 Posts
so if i pre-ordered it @ FYE and bought it outright at that time...is it not guaranteed i will get mine? i mean if i can't get there till 3pm-ish??

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-15-07 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-15-07, 06:15 PM

^ seems kinda ridiculous to me. i'm in the same situation. when they called to let me know the item would be coming in tomorrow though, they made no mention that there were limited amounts of that i had to be in early. so if i go and they don't have one waiting for me, i'm gonna cause a scene. maybe. just to see what they do.

but seriously, what is the point of a pre-order if it doesn't guarantee you a copy? i would've assumed that for each pre-order, they would FOR SURE get a copy in for that person, and then ON TOP of that, they'd get the limited 6-8 extra. guess i'll find out tomorrow...
Old 10-15-07, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
^ seems kinda ridiculous to me. i'm in the same situation. when they called to let me know the item would be coming in tomorrow though, they made no mention that there were limited amounts of that i had to be in early. so if i go and they don't have one waiting for me, i'm gonna cause a scene. maybe. just to see what they do.

but seriously, what is the point of a pre-order if it doesn't guarantee you a copy? i would've assumed that for each pre-order, they would FOR SURE get a copy in for that person, and then ON TOP of that, they'd get the limited 6-8 extra. guess i'll find out tomorrow...
I feel the same way. Im not going to be able to get up to FYE till my lunch at 1230. If I dont have one there WILL be a scene because I ordered a month in advance.
Old 10-15-07, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by haleyxvader
I feel the same way. Im not going to be able to get up to FYE till my lunch at 1230. If I dont have one there WILL be a scene because I ordered a month in advance.
I wouldn't get worked up, guys. I talked to my FYE tonight and told them I wouldn't get there till around 8pm, and they said it was fine, all preorders were tagged by name, and were set aside. My particular store said they would actually put 4-5 out to 'sell' and that was it, the rest had been reserved and could not be sold.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.