Transformers --> Oct. 16th!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Transformers --> Oct. 16th!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when you pre-order an item, all you have to is pre-pay a certain amount of money towards the dvd (in the case of transformers, it's $5). at my local stores, they print out a copy of the receipt, which states "pre-sale" and they print out one that you write your name and phone number on. they call you the day before the release to remind you to pick up your order. when you go to pick it up, they ring it up like normal, but they deduct however much you put down for the item, so all you have to do is pay the difference. also, instead of putting a small amount down, you can also pay the full amount of the item right then and there when you pre-order and just pick up the item on release date. that's what i did for death proof.

the associate i spoke with said that the price of the steelbook had yet to be determined, but she said that it might likely be $29.99. she showed a printout of the pics that they received. sure enough, they look exactly like the images for the futureshop steelbooks. there was no picture of the back though, so not sure if it's a picture of earth or something else. it was odd because she referred to them as "tins" and that's what the pre-order is listed as, but the picture she showed is clearly a steelbook. don't know if maybe the term "steelbook" has yet to catch on and that's why?
Old 09-21-07, 06:28 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by db27
As a manager of a Transworld owned store (fye, coconuts, sam goody, etc...)
I can without doubt tell you that our stores will have these steelbooks exclusive in the US, they appear to be the same visually and are indeed the 2 disc SE.
Suncoast, I'm assuming, will have the steelbooks as well?
Old 09-21-07, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by co.dot
Suncoast, I'm assuming, will have the steelbooks as well?
yes. that's where i pre-ordered mine
Old 09-28-07, 04:59 PM

Bestbuy Canada has a pre-order lithograph when you put $5 towards any Transformers disc.. I would check your local US Bestbuy to see if they have it out, as we also got the Fantastic Four 2 lithograph in the DVD case.. But this one is much larger.. Almost like a calender..

A couple if pics, but not going to open it yet as I might not get it from BestBuy and opt for the steelbook cases.. Just in case I need to return it for my $5 back..

Later
Old 09-28-07, 07:44 PM

Just got back from one of the BBs and they didn't know anything about it. The signs for the Fantastic Four 2 lithograph are up so I'll check back in few days. I haven't decided on the BB one yet, but I'm definitely getting the FYE steelbook. Store credit is a wonderful thing. ^^
Old 09-28-07, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Umm, dunno if it's because i'm french or just stupid but wtf is a lithograph?
Old 09-28-07, 08:52 PM

It's probably a fancy name for a type of print or a printing process, but I think of it as a small poster or print..

I'm debating whether to open it up because I had my heart set on the steelbook editions.. But for $5, I guess it's no harm if I just kept it and don't buy the DVD when it comes up.. It seems like a good sized print..

Though, I'm reading the fine print of the packaging and it goes "Deposit receipts are not redemable past the expiration date. If not redeemed by October 21, 2007, the receipt may be refunded at Customer Service."

So does that mean I can keep it if I don't pick up a DVD by the 21st? I guess if they ask me if where I read it can refunded, I can tell them it was on the pre-order lithograph I have at home
Later

Last edited by johnsun; 09-28-07 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
when you pre-order an item, all you have to is pre-pay a certain amount of money towards the dvd (in the case of transformers, it's $5). at my local stores, they print out a copy of the receipt, which states "pre-sale" and they print out one that you write your name and phone number on. they call you the day before the release to remind you to pick up your order. when you go to pick it up, they ring it up like normal, but they deduct however much you put down for the item, so all you have to do is pay the difference. also, instead of putting a small amount down, you can also pay the full amount of the item right then and there when you pre-order and just pick up the item on release date. that's what i did for death proof.

the associate i spoke with said that the price of the steelbook had yet to be determined, but she said that it might likely be $29.99. she showed a printout of the pics that they received. sure enough, they look exactly like the images for the futureshop steelbooks. there was no picture of the back though, so not sure if it's a picture of earth or something else. it was odd because she referred to them as "tins" and that's what the pre-order is listed as, but the picture she showed is clearly a steelbook. don't know if maybe the term "steelbook" has yet to catch on and that's why?
Finally got around to preordering this at Suncoast today. I asked to preorder the Autobot steelbook, and the guy who took my name, etc... said it would probably be $24.99 or $26.99. Anyway my reciept also lists it as a "tin".

They did have a nice size printout showing the Autobot and Decepticon steelbooks. It didn't show the back, but they look almost identical to the FutureShop ones.
Old 09-29-07, 07:27 PM

Good movie, I wouldn't mind picking up the steelbook version. Liked it better than I thought I would.
Old 09-30-07, 03:24 PM
Cool New Member

Play.com have the region 2 steelbook with dual sided Autobot/Decepticon artwork and comic book, but it's not out until december. Here's link.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34778...k/Product.html
Old 09-30-07, 06:32 PM

Pre-ordered the Transformers steelbook at FYE today.

You guys may wanna jump on this now, the manager at my FYE said his store was getting 10 each of the Autobots/Decepticon steelbooks as well, and that was it. Told us only the preorders would get them most likely.
Old 09-30-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is the bestbuy.ca exclusive going to be available on bestbuy.com too?
Old 09-30-07, 09:42 PM

Curiousity got the best of me and I decided to open the lithograph up.. Here are the pics:

Alittle disappointed it all about Megatron. I took the lithograph out hoping it would be double sided with Optimus Prime, but it was blank.. Does anything know if this was part of a series of Transformers lithographs?
Later
Old 10-01-07, 03:40 AM
Cool New Member

For those interested in the toys, don't forget about these beauties.

Wish we had more information about them though.
Old 10-01-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xage
2disc Steelbook (Decepticon/Autobots) back-to-back emblem cover (?)

Exclusive Gifset (confirmed from Bestbuy)

I thought best buy was offering a steelbook with each of the logos on the two sides of one steelbook?
Old 10-01-07, 10:17 AM

why is the steelbook no longer on fye.com? the whole thing feels a bit odd with them and useing the "tin" word
Old 10-01-07, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
why is the steelbook no longer on fye.com? the whole thing feels a bit odd with them and useing the "tin" word
I feel a little uneasy about it as well, i guess we'll see if someone gets ahold of one early.

I preordered both though, if they arent steelbooks I'll just consider it $10 lost.
Old 10-01-07, 10:52 AM

$10 ? i preorder for $5 see this seems odd

oh, you got both
Old 10-01-07, 11:20 AM

Funny. I don't recall seeing the steelbooks offered on FYE.com at all, just the normal special addition, the regular and the HD one. In-store has the place holder with all versions on the back with the 'tins ' listed.
Old 10-01-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the bestbuy.com exclusive giftset is up for pre-order but it says the release date is 11/4/2007?!

giftset
Old 10-01-07, 01:50 PM
Cool New Member

Pre-ordered the Decepticon steelbook at Suncoast. It also said tin on the receipt, but the poster they had looked like it was a steelbook.

If it turns out to be a tin with the regular edition dvd inside, I'll be pissed. I do not like those tins.
Old 10-01-07, 06:55 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by animatedude
the bestbuy.com exclusive giftset is up for pre-order but it says the release date is 11/4/2007?!

giftset

It looks like it comes with a couple of Robot Heroes including Bumblebee as Cliffjumper. I was hoping for one of the larger transforming toys.

I guess I'll get the bonus DVD at Wal-Mart instead.
Old 10-01-07, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by co.dot
If it turns out to be a tin with the regular edition dvd inside, I'll be pissed. I do not like those tins.

x2, i've never liked them
Old 10-01-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
I pre-orded the Decepticon Steelbook on 9/22 @ Suncoast. I asked the guy, hey is it a Tin or Steelbook? And he said it was a Steelbook like the ones released by Fox. I was like cool just wanted to make sure it was a Steelbook.
Old 10-01-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by animatedude

giftset
this is sweet news! getting to be overkill on the exclusives, but sweet nonetheless

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.