Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Transformers --> Oct. 16th!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But aren't those words linked to this?

Originally Posted by xage
Exclusive Gifset (confirmed from Bestbuy)

BTW, there are overseas sites listing the dual cover steelbook, but I've haven't seen that description mentioned on a US site.
Old 10-04-07, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Duh Vuh Duh
Just curious, so no flaming, why is everyone getting the two different steelbooks, when BestBuy is going to have a steelbook with both logos (one on each side)? Or am I mistaken on that info? Again, I respect you guys buying both, but was curious.
is that for best buy US or CA? that packaging for the best buy giftset only says "2-disc special edition dvd" when all their other steelbooks have been advertised as such. if it ends up that BB US has that dual-sided steelbook, then more than likely i'll end up getting it there and just canceling/returning my pre-orders. but again, since the TWE steelbooks are supposed to be very limited, having it on pre-order at least semi-guarantees me a copy if i can't pick it up on release date.
Old 10-04-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BEware of an supposed Litographs from Best Buy. The Fantastic 4 litho that came in the preorder case was NOT a litho. It was printed on the cheapest stock of paper I;ve ever seen and the print was terrible. 99% of my inserts have better picture and paper. That is the LAST time I preorder anything from Best Buy. Anyone can correct me if Im wrong but that litho was a complete joke. I would have returned it but I wanted their exclusive and it was a good case. The rest went in the trash.

So please learn from my mistake.
Old 10-04-07, 06:45 PM

Where did any of the US BB steelbook talk come from? No one has ever said any of this.

BB US is getting the 2-disc gift set w/book and toy, FUTURESHOP is getting the two-sided steelbook, FYE is the only US distributer (so far) getting ANY kind of steelbook, and it's one-sided.
Old 10-04-07, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by C_Fletch
BEware of an supposed Litographs from Best Buy. The Fantastic 4 litho that came in the preorder case was NOT a litho. It was printed on the cheapest stock of paper I;ve ever seen and the print was terrible. 99% of my inserts have better picture and paper. That is the LAST time I preorder anything from Best Buy. Anyone can correct me if Im wrong but that litho was a complete joke. I would have returned it but I wanted their exclusive and it was a good case. The rest went in the trash.

I posted some pics of the lithograph in a previous post. The card stock is pretty good and comes inside this folder. ..
Later
Old 10-04-07, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by db27
I would hope so, but that would count on the mangers checking the allocation. And based upon the feedback I here each week about the local fye they shop at i wouldn't count on them doing so.

If you do reserve it, they have an obligation to hold/get you a copy one way or another so I wouldn't fret too much about it.

db

I reserved two copies the other day, one for me, and one for my buddy who snagged me a copy of the Death Proof steelbook a week after release on his trip to New York. But with you stating how limited they are, should I get there when they open on release day to make sure I get them? They only had me put down $6.00 total.
Old 10-04-07, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
I posted some pics of the lithograph in a previous post. The card stock is pretty good and comes inside this folder. ..
Later
how big is it?
Old 10-04-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C_Fletch

i got a sucky f4 litho too with pre-order. but meh, it was free

Originally Posted by Duh Vuh Duh
Just curious, so no flaming, why is everyone getting the two different steelbooks, when BestBuy is going to have a steelbook with both logos (one on each side)? Or am I mistaken on that info? Again, I respect you guys buying both, but was curious.
the dual-sided steelbook is r4 australia methinks. its not available in r1 at all.
Old 10-05-07, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by richard1.1
Play.com have the region 2 steelbook with dual sided Autobot/Decepticon artwork and comic book, but it's not out until december. Here's link.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34778...k/Product.html
thanks for the link....guess i'll be picking up the goofy Target transforming case on release day and will preorder this to get my steelbook fix
Old 10-05-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by StephenX
Where did any of the US BB steelbook talk come from? No one has ever said any of this.

BB US is getting the 2-disc gift set w/book and toy, FUTURESHOP is getting the two-sided steelbook, FYE is the only US distributer (so far) getting ANY kind of steelbook, and it's one-sided.
Futureshop is getting two different steelbooks. One has the Autobot insignia on the front, the other has the Decepticon insignia.
Old 10-05-07, 10:15 AM

where to get spiderman 3 steelbook?

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
Poor wallet indeed! I pre-ordered BOTH steelbooks! But the giftset looks pretty cool but like you said it all depends on what the figurine looks like.

My wallet is NOT liking me right now, pre-ordered both Transformers steelbooks, pre-ordered Death Proof steelbook, probably gonna pre-order the Spider-man 3 steelbook, i double dipped with Face/Off this weekend and i want that sweet Troy 3 disc Director's cut that comes out tomorrow. Oh and can't forget Planet Terror if it comes in a steelbook!

Oh and a couple of concerts!(Beastie Boys, Queens of the Stone age, The Bravery, Alexisonfire, The Cure)

Oh well, i love DVDs!
Sorry, don't mean to get off track but wondering if you could tell me which store is offering the spiderman 3 steelbook?
Old 10-05-07, 02:47 PM

Pictures of CC, BB and Target exclusives available here:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6376
Old 10-05-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That transforming box is cool in theory, but in practice, it's simply really, really ugly.
Old 10-05-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Pictures of CC, BB and Target exclusives available here:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6376
The transforming box from Target looks really cheap and tacky and seems like it will probably break the first time you try and take the discs out. The toys from Best Buy are also pretty bad. Is that second one supposed to be Bumblebee? Did anyone even point out to the toys' manufacturers that he's supposed to be yellow and not red?!

I'm definitely just going to go with a Decepticon steelbook from Futureshop.
Old 10-05-07, 03:16 PM

man...the US exclusives are pretty underwhelming...
Old 10-05-07, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
The transforming box from Target looks really cheap and tacky and seems like it will probably break the first time you try and take the discs out. The toys from Best Buy are also pretty bad. Is that second one supposed to be Bumblebee? Did anyone even point out to the toys' manufacturers that he's supposed to be yellow and not red?!

I'm definitely just going to go with a Decepticon steelbook from Futureshop.

That's Cliff Jumper. ^^ Anyhoo, I'm sticking with the FYE Decepticon steelbook.

Wish the link had more on the comics books. Target was supposed to have a comic and BB was supposed to have a 32 pg book. Maybe I'll see just get some comics from IDW, those Transformer pillowcases and make my own giftset. ^o^

Last edited by radicaldeth; 10-05-07 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-05-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
So am i still the only crazy one who pre-ordered both steelbooks(the Autobot and Decepticon)?
Nope. Just got back from doing the same.
Old 10-05-07, 03:27 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by Yavin
Is that second one supposed to be Bumblebee? Did anyone even point out to the toys' manufacturers that he's supposed to be yellow and not red?!
That's not Bumblebee, that's Cliffjumper. He's a completely different character who just happens to look exactly like Bumblebee except he's red.
Old 10-05-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by radicaldeth
That's Cliff Jumper. ^^ Anyhoo, I'm sticking with the FYE Decepticon steelbook.

Wish the link had more on the comics books. Target was supposed to have a comic and BB was supposed to have a 32 pg book. Maybe I'll see just get some comics from IDW, those Transformer pillowcases and make my own giftset. ^o^
Originally Posted by TRC
That's not Bumblebee, that's Cliffjumper. He's a completely different character who just happens to look exactly like Bumblebee except he's red.
Well that's quite silly on the part of Best Buy to have him as one of the exclusive toys for the movie dvd release, as that character is not in the movie and I'm pretty sure most folks (who aren't that familiar with the TF universe, like me) will get confused about the color as well.
Old 10-05-07, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what a bunch of crappy exclusives!

it sounds like the US bestbuy exclusive is different than the CA one? i HAVE to see ACTUAL pix of these exclusives before i decide.
Old 10-05-07, 11:11 PM

The BB toys are from the Robot Heroes line and they are repaints of these ones.
Old 10-06-07, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by MrBlud
For those interested in the toys, don't forget about these beauties.

Wish we had more information about them though.
I was hoping these would be the Best Buy exclusive, even if they cost extra with the dvd like the Silver Surfer figure. Instead, we get these lame figures that look like they're for ages 5 and under.
Old 10-06-07, 01:31 AM

fyi, those best buy toys will be going for $19.99 each. you'll be able to save $5 off of them when you buy the toy(s) along with any version of transformers dvd, bringing them down to $14.99 each.

best buy will also have a lithograph (i'm assuming it'll be the same/similar to the one previously posted) that will come free with the purchase of any version of transformers dvd/hd-dvd.

from the looks of it, there won't be any type of steelbook/tin at best buy. the giftset looks to hold the standard 2-disc version, nothing special about the packaging.

and... that's about it for transformers at best buy.
Old 10-06-07, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
fyi, those best buy toys will be going for $19.99 each. you'll be able to save $5 off of them when you buy the toy(s) along with any version of transformers dvd, bringing them down to $14.99 each.

best buy will also have a lithograph (i'm assuming it'll be the same/similar to the one previously posted) that will come free with the purchase of any version of transformers dvd/hd-dvd.

from the looks of it, there won't be any type of steelbook/tin at best buy. the giftset looks to hold the standard 2-disc version, nothing special about the packaging.

and... that's about it for transformers at best buy.
toys, gift set, litho? that sounds good enough for me
Old 10-06-07, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
First review I've seen:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d.php?t=263156

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.