DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Live Free or Die Hard>>> November 20th!!!

Old 11-16-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
I wasn't really interested in the steel books, just wanted 1 box for all 4, so i ordered the set from Costco. I was only charged an extra 5% (or $2.xx) for not being a member. Better than $50 membership I'll never use. Anyway, I ordered it Tuesday, and it shipped out on Thursday!
Wow, and I thought I was anal.

Unless you didn't already have the first 3 movies?
Old 11-16-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Wow, and I thought I was anal.

Unless you didn't already have the first 3 movies?
I sold my original Trilogy set, to have a set of all 4. Rather the LFODH sitting by itself. Similar to Balboa sitting beside the old Rocky set. But MGM is fixing that next month
Old 11-16-07, 09:07 AM
Banned

I wasn't really interested in the steel books, just wanted 1 box for all 4, so i ordered the set from Costco. I was only charged an extra 5% (or $2.xx) for not being a member. Better than $50 membership I'll never use. Anyway, I ordered it Tuesday, and it shipped out on Thursday!
I just ordered the set from Costco, this was my first purchase with them. They don't offer different shipping options? How long does it take for the items to arrive? How do they ship? Unfortunately there are no Costcos in this part of the country so I am not going to join. Just not sure how fast they deliver.
Old 11-16-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JLBkret
I just ordered the set from Costco, this was my first purchase with them. They don't offer different shipping options? How long does it take for the items to arrive? How do they ship? Unfortunately there are no Costcos in this part of the country so I am not going to join. Just not sure how fast they deliver.
I just used standard shipping which cost $2.14.
Old 11-16-07, 09:18 AM
Banned

I just used standard shipping which cost $2.14.
For that cheap price I sure hope they don't ship with the dog slow Media Mail delivery...
Old 11-16-07, 09:23 AM

sorry if this was mentioned, but the 2 disc edition has movie cash for Hitman (at least the ones at Blockbuster do). Oddly, the sticker advertising this is on the BACK of the box
Old 11-16-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

There is a remarkably extensive rundown of what's new in the Unrated cut. It's translated from German but you can tell what it means. Sounds like A LOT of language -- thumbs up. It's interesting though that the film seems further recut than I would have imagined.
Now that sounds like John McClane.
Old 11-16-07, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by JLBkret
I got a shipping confirmation yesterday, so it looks like they are sending them out a little early... don't know how long it will take to arrive though.
Old 11-16-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Additionally I would like to note that the Blu-Ray Die Hard trilogy lists no extras on the back cover. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't have any, but they're not listed, so keep it in mind if you're heading out to pick it up.
Old 11-16-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I read online that the two disc extras for Die hard 1-3 will be carried over to the blue ray versions.
Old 11-16-07, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Additionally I would like to note that the Blu-Ray Die Hard trilogy lists no extras on the back cover. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't have any, but they're not listed, so keep it in mind if you're heading out to pick it up.
While there are no extras listed on the back cover of the Blu-ray "Die Hard Collection", I seriously doubt Fox would go to the trouble of making different, extra-less discs specifically for the 4-pack.....
The scans of the back covers for all 4 individual Blu-ray releases are up now on DVD Empire, and they all have numerous extras listed....unfortunately, it appears that while 2, 3, and 4 are carrying over all the extras from their 2-disc DVD counterparts, the first (and best) film is missing a few from its "5-Star Collection" DVD release...specifically the deleted/extended footage...
Old 11-16-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two questions about the Costco set:

#1.) Are we 100% sure that LFoDH is the UNRATED version?

#2.) The other three movies...are they the versions from the old set? New versions? What?
Old 11-17-07, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by abrg923
Two questions about the Costco set:

#1.) Are we 100% sure that LFoDH is the UNRATED version?

#2.) The other three movies...are they the versions from the old set? New versions? What?
Again, as I said to another poster, the adsheet on an earlier page in this thread BOLDLY proclaims that this is an 8-disc set. Since the only 2-disc version of LFoDH is Unrated and the previous five-star/special editions were all 2-discs, this is clearly those plus the new 2-disc Unrated LFoDH.
Old 11-17-07, 03:25 AM

was at blockbuster today and they had copies of the movie out on their registers to promote pre-ordering the movie.

the thing i noticed was that 1/4 of the slipcover was taken over by an "ad" of sorts touting that the dvd comes with a full digital download of the movie.

anyone know if this is a blockbuster exclusive? or do all copies come with this?

not important news by any means, but it just kinda bothered me that now studios are crapping up the slipcovers by putting text on the covers that are usually put on removable stickers. i know they really want to promote digital downloads, but why do it in a way that's ruining the packaging of someone who's actually buying the DVD.
Old 11-17-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it is not a blockbuster exclusive, i have seen the cover scans on some online retailer webpages.
however, are you sure that digital add doesn`t come off? i would seriously doubt that fox would place such an add on a slipsleeve that won´t come off.
Old 11-17-07, 11:23 AM
crs

Originally Posted by philip74
it is not a blockbuster exclusive, i have seen the cover scans on some online retailer webpages.
however, are you sure that digital add doesn`t come off? i would seriously doubt that fox would place such an add on a slipsleeve that won´t come off.
It doesn't come off. I have to say, the slip is one of the ugliest I've seen.

Old 11-17-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We have had these in at work for over a week now, and the two disc has the digital download as well.
Old 11-17-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you work at Best Buy? Does the steelbook include the movie cash to hitman?
Old 11-17-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No I work at Kmart, its just the two disc with the slipcover, but it does have the movie cash for hitman.
Old 11-17-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crs
It doesn't come off. I have to say, the slip is one of the ugliest I've seen.

wtf?? are u serious?! it doesnt come off?!
i love the shiny slipcase with the color reflections, but that ugly digital add doesnt come off?? how in the world can fox sell something like this??
Old 11-17-07, 01:10 PM
crs

Originally Posted by philip74
wtf?? are u serious?! it doesnt come off?!
i love the shiny slipcase with the color reflections, but that ugly digital add doesnt come off?? how in the world can fox sell something like this??
Just be happy it's not on the actual coverart beneath.
Old 11-17-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why don't you just throw away the slipcover, if you don't like it. Besides its not on the coverart.
Old 11-17-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Why don't you just throw away the slipcover, if you don't like it. Besides its not on the coverart.
throw away the slipcover?? wooohaa what a perfect idea!! NOT!!!!
did you ever think to yourself; ohh there might be some collectors out there who actually like fancy packaging?!
Old 11-17-07, 07:38 PM

The Costco set looks very tempting but unless someone knows different, you don't get the DTS tracks that were with the 1st 3 movies on the original Ultimate set. I still have that set and would sell it if I bought the Costco version. But no DTS no sale. So it's likely I'll get the Unrated 2 disc from Deep Discount.
Old 11-17-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
Do you work at Best Buy? Does the steelbook include the movie cash to hitman?
yes, steelbook has moviecash. PLUS the digital download bit is removable

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.