DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/509036-definitive-list-exclusive-bonus-discs-part-2-a.html)

Cameron 10-27-07 09:46 PM

target is getting a 3 disc spider-man 3 dvd. Wal mart also has a bonus disc with the single disc edition.

Trevor 10-28-07 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
target is getting a 3 disc spider-man 3 dvd. Wal mart also has a bonus disc with the single disc edition.

Cameron, have you not been paying attention? :)

All current exclusives are covered in the weekly threads in the bargain forum, no need to list anything here that has been covered in those threads.

The Valeyard 12-24-07 07:55 PM

Trevor,

Here's a list of what's on the Best Buy Highlander Season Sets (please note - Season One has nothing exclusive):

Season Two:
Interviews with Adrian Paul, Stan Kirsch and Alexandra Vandernoot.
Located on Disc 4 (with just "Featurette" listed on the menu screen).
Running Time: 40 minutes 50 seconds

Season Three:
"Highlander: The Immortal View"; Exclusive Interview With Cast And Crew.
Located on Disc 8 (with "30 Minute Featurette Interviews With Cast And Crew" listed at the very bottom of the menu screen).
Running Time: 30 minutes, 6 seconds

Season Four:
"Highlander: The Making Of An Episode"; Exclusive Interview With Cast And Crew.
Located on Disc 8 (with the same exact title on the menu screen).
Running Time: 38 minutes, 20 seconds

Season Five:
"All New Exclusive Interviews With Cast And Crew"
Located on Disc 8 (with "Exclusive Interviews With Cast And Crew" in the middle of the menu screen).
Running Time: 31 minutes, 18 seconds

Season Six:
All New Exclusive Interviews With Cast And Crew"
Located on Disc 7 (with "Exclusive Interviews With Cast & Crew" on the menu screen).
Running Time: 27 minutes, 17 seconds

Trevor 12-25-07 07:25 PM

Thanks TV! I'll update when I update the lists next month.

SliceOfHorse 01-04-08 03:57 PM

Does anyone know what the extras on the Chronicles of Riddick Best Buy bonus disc are? I got one from a user on Amazon.com, but it doesn't say anywhere on the disc where it's from. It came in a plain white envelope inside the case. The features on the disc are:

Riddick Rises
Keep What You Kill
Creating New Mecca
Interactive Production Calendar

johnsun 01-26-08 09:15 PM

Hi. I had a couple of question about some bonus disc auctions I found on eBay..

For this Underworld: Evolution auction, here's a picture of a bonus disc.. Does anyone know if it's the preview disc that came with the extended edition of Underworld?

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d4/e9/7045_1.JPG

This one is of Ocean's Twelve that I won and waiting for the in mail. I'm only aware of HBO First Look that was from WalMart. Does anyone reconize the sticker on the front indicating a bonus disc and where it came from?

http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/d2/ea/9193_1.JPG

Thanks

johnsun 01-27-08 05:44 PM

Blockbuster Exclusives

Hi. I started to take an interest in the Blockbuster exclusives and been doing some searches online to see what I can find.. The following are the ones I've seen so far with pictures of the cover that indicates it's a Blockbuster exclusive. For the ones with "?", there's no indicate of what so special about them. The ones that are blank means I can't read clearly what the extra contents are.. Can anyone fill in the blanks and list others that been gone through Blockbuster?

Breaking and Entering - ?
Dixie Chicks Shut Up & Sing - ?
The EX - Halarious bloopers and deleted Scenes
Factory Girl - Factory Girl on the Red Carpet
The Gathering - ?
Grindhouse Deathproof - The Hot Rods of Death Proof
Grindhouse Planet Terror - Comic-con 2006 Interview w/ the Director & Cast of Grindhouse
Hannibal Rising - Exclusive deleted scenes
Hard Times - ?
Miss Potter - On the set with Renee ZellwegerRed Line
Nomad the Warrior - ?
Red Line - ?
Standing Still - ?
Stephanie Daley - ?
Thunderpants - ?
You Kill Me -
Unknown - ?

Later

Trevor 01-27-08 07:37 PM

Slingshot
Bobby

Don't have details in front of me, will help you fill in later.

abintra 01-27-08 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. I started to take an interest in the Blockbuster exclusives and been doing some searches online to see what I can find.. The following are the ones I've seen so far with pictures of the cover that indicates it's a Blockbuster exclusive. For the ones with "?", there's no indicate of what so special about them. The ones that are blank means I can't read clearly what the extra contents are.. Can anyone fill in the blanks and list others that been gone through Blockbuster?

Blockbuster lists them on their site.

http://www.blockbuster.com/browse/co...se%20desc%20nl

johnsun 01-31-08 10:49 AM

Hi. Thanks for the link.

Does anyone have information on what so exclusive to Blockbuster that doesn't indicate any exclusive contents on the front? Ones I seen without any indication like School for Scoundrels..
Thanks

johnsun 03-19-08 12:24 AM

Hi. I don't usually visit WalMart on Mondays evenings, but I happen to be there this week and I guess they were getting ready for the next day releases.. I noticed that their exclusive bonus disc and 2 packs were being packed back up in boxes.. Their entire display was being pulled..

I did notice that sometimes the next week I go, their exclusive would be mostly gone, but I didn't realize they were sending them back somewhere and just sold well.. I assume maybe for stock on walmart.com?

Has this even gotten anyone to pick up any of their exclusives in fear that it might be totally gone by next week? I think I'll start doing that even if on iffy titles I don't know if I was going to get anyways..
Later

Trevor 03-21-08 10:43 AM

Yep, WM sends stock back fairly quickly. I tend to buy every exclusive "just in case" I decide I need it.

It also helps me to list them here in the weekly threads if I actually have them in hand.

bluetoast 03-21-08 11:01 AM

Recently there was an HBO Comedy sampler, with the first episodes of Extras, Entourage and 2 other shows.

taco5 04-18-08 11:30 AM

Does anyone have or know what was on a bonus disc for "The Time Machine"? I'm figuring it was a Best Buy exclusive(?).

Rhylliam 05-12-08 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by taco5
Does anyone have or know what was on a bonus disc for "The Time Machine"? I'm figuring it was a Best Buy exclusive(?).

I have this bonus disc, and its not that good. There is a brief 6-minute interview piece with the Director & Guy Pearce, as well as the film's screenplay.

There are quite a lot of missing Region 1 discs in this list. I'm gonna have to make some contributions soon...

Trevor 05-12-08 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhylliam
There are quite a lot of missing Region 1 discs in this list. I'm gonna have to make some contributions soon...

Everything since 8/13/07 is in the weekly lists, I haven't updated since then. But please do contribute any older discs, I know we're missing a bunch.

johnsun 06-07-08 10:55 PM

Hi. I was going through a lot of bonus/preview DVDs I got on eBay and got to this Sony Spiderman 3 DVD.. It has a link to sony.com/spider-man3challenge and mentions "Spider-man 3 movie clips. downloads and more".

The thing is, I can't get it to read on my DVD player.. I don't have a DVD-rom to check out if it's only computer content.. Does anyone know if this disc is suppose to play in a regular DVD player? I'll try to post a pic when I get my camera working..
Thanks

The Valeyard 06-08-08 12:17 AM

Is it the promo Spidey Blu-Ray?

xage 06-08-08 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. I was going through a lot of bonus/preview DVDs I got on eBay and got to this Sony Spiderman 3 DVD.. It has a link to sony.com/spider-man3challenge and mentions "Spider-man 3 movie clips. downloads and more".

The thing is, I can't get it to read on my DVD player.. I don't have a DVD-rom to check out if it's only computer content.. Does anyone know if this disc is suppose to play in a regular DVD player? I'll try to post a pic when I get my camera working..
Thanks

Was this the one at the lower right? the red/black quadrilateral DVD package
if so, its not DVD its DVD-ROM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...00/SD_FYE5.jpg

BullGooseLoony 06-08-08 01:19 AM

On the subject of bonus discs, how rare is the 3-disc Across the Universe supposed to be? I've never seen it at any FYE.

xage 06-08-08 11:15 AM

Across the Univers

There were like around 3-5 copies each in the FYE , Secondspin & wherehouse stores here in Los Angeles. I think its a YMMV thing for store availability.

johnsun 06-08-08 11:59 PM

Thanks xage.. That's what it was.. I guess I'll need to bring it to work to check out the contents.. Does anyone know where it came from?
Thanks

johnsun 06-30-08 10:57 AM

Hi. I got a copy of the Target bonus version of the The Pacifier that was in fullscreen, but I didn't care as I assume the bonus disc would be the same for both WS and FS.. I noticed on the shelve that list the specs it mention the bonus disc as FS..

I was wondering if anyone can confirm if the WS version also had the bonus disc labelled as FS?
Thanks

Peep 06-30-08 11:42 AM

Anybody know what's on the Border's exclusive (3rd) disc for "Tin Man"?

Lucky101 06-30-08 12:12 PM

Tin Man Bonus Disc (Border's)
*An Interview with a Sorecress Kathleen Robertson
*Raw and Uncut : A sit down with Raoul Trujillo
*Making the Mystic Man: Behind the Scenes with Richard Dreyfus

It comes in a clear sleeve inside the case. I got it as soon as I got a 40% off coupon.