DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/509036-definitive-list-exclusive-bonus-discs-part-2-a.html)

Trevor 08-19-10 09:55 PM

Re: Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Originally Posted by TNAJason (Post 10330438)
Big Bang Theory Season 3 is getting a Bonus Disc at Target,which you can find on Target.com by searching Big Bang Theory. I was gonna wait for Black Friday but now I gotta get it on release day because of the damn bonus disc.

I think we'll still be in the 90 day window for return/rebuys.

jnyahay 08-20-10 02:45 AM

I'm an idiot! I quoted the wrong thing. I meant to quote about the bonus disc for Stuck that Losing My Mind was referring to since Willo said it wasn't a bonus disc.

It's late and I don't think that made any kind of sense..............

Liquid Death 08-24-10 02:34 PM

I was at Target today and Scrubs S8 had an "exclusive" bonus disc not pertaining to the show (it had ABC trailers on it and one pilot episode of a show that escapes me presently), as did the Superhero Squad (the Marvel cartoon) - it had two discs instead of one, with 13 episodes instead of 7.

taco5 08-24-10 08:03 PM

Don't know if this would be considered a bonus disc or not since this is an OOP release.

"Swanky Modes" bonus CD with the special edition of "Tapeheads".

erlong 08-28-10 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by TNAJason (Post 10330438)
Big Bang Theory Season 3 is getting a Bonus Disc at Target,which you can find on Target.com by searching Big Bang Theory. I was gonna wait for Black Friday but now I gotta get it on release day because of the damn bonus disc.

On the item page at Target.com, is says the Bonus Disc is the 2009 Comic-Con Q&A.

youbastards 08-31-10 03:35 PM

Target also has bonus discs for:
- Glee Season 1 (Paley Center)
- Office Season 6 (2 Extended episodes)
- The Vampire Diaries Season 1 (Paley Center)

taco5 08-31-10 07:42 PM

Picked up today:

"House M.D: Season 6" - Bonus disc (Best Buy)
"Resident Evil" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Apocalypse" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Extinction" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Degeneration" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
(All four bonus discs are the same for the Blu-ray steelbooks)

Opted on the Best Buy bonus disc for "House M.D: Season 6" over Target. I'm sure I'll eventually find that one. Besides, Best Buy was cheaper.

Liquid Death 09-01-10 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10349061)
Picked up today:

"House M.D: Season 6" - Bonus disc (Best Buy)
"Resident Evil" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Apocalypse" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Extinction" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
"Resident Evil: Degeneration" - Bonus disc - (Walmart)
(All four bonus discs are the same for the Blu-ray steelbooks)

Opted on the Best Buy bonus disc for "House M.D: Season 6" over Target. I'm sure I'll eventually find that one. Besides, Best Buy was cheaper.

I already have all the RE BRs, but that's a tempting price for steelbooks. What does the bonus disc have on it? Or is it just promotional for the 4th film coming out next weekend?

taco5 09-01-10 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death (Post 10349678)
I already have all the RE BRs, but that's a tempting price for steelbooks. What does the bonus disc have on it? Or is it just promotional for the 4th film coming out next weekend?

The bonus disc is titled "Resident Evil: Program Alice Activated" and is 22-23 minutes in length and contains synopsis's of the first 3 Resident Evil movies and a sneak peek at the 4th film, "Afterlife" and brief interview segments with Paul Anderson, Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Ali Larter, Oded Fehr, etc and some 'making of' clips are included.

jnyahay 09-02-10 01:42 PM

Well this sucks!!
I'm an avid steelbook collector and a crazy bonus disc collector but I despise the Resident Evil movies. Damn!!!

taco5 09-02-10 09:04 PM

I need some help with one and maybe someone here can help. Back when "Resident Evil: Extinction" came out Walmart had their own exclusive 2 disc set which I purchased but do not remember what was actually on it. I think I may have sold it at some point because I had gotten a bonus disc from GameStop around the same time. I think it has the same material plus more than the WM bonus disc did. Anyone? Anyone?

Also, updated list in post #188.

njwiv 09-02-10 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10352820)
I need some help with one and maybe someone here can help. Back when "Resident Evil: Extinction" came out Walmart had their own exclusive 2 disc set which I purchased but do not remember what was actually on it. I think I may have sold it at some point because I had gotten a bonus disc from GameStop around the same time. I think it has the same material plus more than the WM bonus disc did. Anyone? Anyone?

Also, updated list in post #188.

I think it was merely a digital copy.

taco5 09-04-10 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by njwiv (Post 10352991)
I think it was merely a digital copy.

Not sure if it was or not. I remember there being extra content on the disc. If I did part with it, it must have had the same features as the GameStop bonus disc plus something(s) extra. Next time I'm over at WM I'll have to see if they still have any. If anyone has the Wal-Mart bonus disc, can they post what the features are??

taco5 09-04-10 12:48 PM

Updated list to add Best Buy CD-ROM bonus disc for "Minority Report".

Willo007 09-05-10 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 10355020)
Not sure if it was or not. I remember there being extra content on the disc. If I did part with it, it must have had the same features as the GameStop bonus disc plus something(s) extra. Next time I'm over at WM I'll have to see if they still have any. If anyone has the Wal-Mart bonus disc, can they post what the features are??

I have both, the WM exclusive only brought the digital copy as the exclusive, however, the bonus features were on the digital copy disc and not on the feature film disc (Disc 1), all of the features were available on the single release.

The GameStop contains different fluff featurettes not available on the 2 disc WM exclusive nor the single disc release. hope this helps. :D

taco5 09-05-10 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Willo007 (Post 10355748)
I have both, the WM exclusive only brought the digital copy as the exclusive, however, the bonus features were on the digital copy disc and not on the feature film disc (Disc 1), all of the features were available on the single release.

The GameStop contains different fluff featurettes not available on the 2 disc WM exclusive nor the single disc release. hope this helps. :D

Very good! I kept the better of the 2! Thanks!

kingtopher 09-05-10 01:42 PM

Anyone know any specifics about what's on the Best Buy and Target Office season 6 bonus discs? I assume they're different.

jnyahay 09-07-10 03:18 PM

Supernatural Season 5 from Target has a bonus disc which is a featurette for their 100th episode. I also updated the current bonus disc list.

youbastards 09-07-10 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by kingtopher (Post 10356129)
Anyone know any specifics about what's on the Best Buy and Target Office season 6 bonus discs? I assume they're different.

Best Buy has a "bonus disc of 40 minutes of montage footage", I think this is 40 minutes of "that's what she said" jokes from the past 6 seasons, since the BB exclusive also comes with a "that's what she said" t-shirt. Can anyone confirm?

The Target disc contains 2 extended episodes, but I'm not sure which episodes. The Target I went to at lunch only had the bonus disc with the Blu-ray version, none of the dvd's were labeled with the "Target Exclusive" sticker. :\

Kory 09-07-10 09:59 PM

I had that same situation with the DVDs at Target, but I asked about it, and the guy went and looked in the back, and they had them in the back. Strange they would put out the non-Target Exclusive copies. Whatever.

If somebody doesn't want their Best Buy bonus disc though, I'd pay $5 shipped for it. Please let me know. Thanks!

taco5 09-07-10 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by kingtopher (Post 10356129)

Target bonus disc contains:

"Bonus disc includes 2 extended episodes ("Sabre" and "Whistleblower") with never-before-seen scenes".

jnyahay 09-21-10 05:35 PM

Added Good Wife Season 1 and Robin Hood bonus discs

taco5 09-24-10 08:51 PM

Updated my list (post #188) to reflect "Robin Hood" (Target) and "Modern Family: Season 1" (Best Buy)

xage 10-18-10 04:16 AM

I dont know if this was placed. I cannot see "Scream Fest" posted

A very rare Anchorbay Bonus DVD released 3 years ago

Originally Posted by xage (Post 8210567)
Another Evil Dead DVD out there (actually 3mins and 25secs of Evil Dead Footage)

Starz/Anchorbay Scream Fest (An FYE/TWEC Exclusive DVD Sampler)

taco5 10-29-10 08:02 AM

Updated post #188

"Trippin" The Rift: The Movie" - (Best Buy Bonus Disc)