DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Ratatouille, Cars, and Pixar Short Films Collection -- 11/06/07? (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/507812-ratatouille-cars-pixar-short-films-collection-11-06-07-merged.html)

LorenzoL 07-31-07 07:01 AM

Ratatouille and Pixar Short Films Collection -- 11/06/07?

As per Ultimatedisney.com, Ratatouille and the Pixar Short Films Collection will be released on November 6th, 2007 although it hasn't officially been announced yet.

July 30, 2007 - Video Business reports that among the DVD news eking out of this weekend's Comic-Con convention is Disney's plan to release the Pixar Short Films Collection on November 6th. The same day is expected to bring the DVD debut of Ratatouille and the two-platter Blu-ray Disc premiere of Cars. An official announcement on all three is expected in the weeks ahead, but the Short Films set should carry a $29.99 SRP and include thirteen CGI 'toons plus commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, animation tests, and a featurette.
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/

Also from Digital Bits today (07/31/07):

Disney has also announced a Pixar Short Films Collection DVD and Blu-ray Disc for release on 11/6 (SRP $29.99, Blu-ray SRP TBA). The disc will include 13 classic CG animated shorts from the company - The Adventures of Andre & Wally B, Luxo Jr., Red's Dream, Tin Toy, Knick Knack, Geri's Game, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack-Jack Attack, Mater and the Ghost Light, One Man Band and Lifted - along with a behind-the-scenes featurette, a tribute to Bud Luckey, audio commentary, animation tests and more.
Edit - Original post has been updated.

starman9000 07-31-07 07:12 AM

Very cool, thanks!

TomOpus 07-31-07 07:19 AM

Very cool. It would be nice if they include the original "Knick Knack" in the set... or maybe as an easter egg.

nateman 07-31-07 07:38 AM

Can't wait to get Ratatouille on DVD. Thanks for the Info!

starseed1981 07-31-07 08:16 AM

Ratatouille going Blu-Ray on release day??

Giles 07-31-07 08:25 AM

yeeha!

Simpson Purist 07-31-07 08:43 AM

Sweet, I'm definitely buying Ratatoullie.

rexinnih 07-31-07 08:43 AM

BD Rat = me happy!

jmj713 07-31-07 10:10 AM

Is that 2-disc Cars set also for DVD?

milo bloom 07-31-07 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by jmj713
Is that 2-disc Cars set also for DVD?

Yeah, it's going to take a "super-genius" DVD edition to make me buy Cars. A bit of a disappointment to me.

bluetoast 07-31-07 12:02 PM

Holy crap, I'll be getting both of these. Didn't even know about the short films collection.

Groucho 07-31-07 12:10 PM

Even though most of the short films are available as extras on other discs, it'll be nice to have them together.

Ratatouille is a must-buy for me as well.

PixyJunket 07-31-07 12:40 PM

Ratatouille is my movie of the year! MUST BUY. Blu-Ray.. I wonder if I'll have a player by November.

gotrice487 07-31-07 12:46 PM

Ratatouille is a must buy for me and I'll think about the short films collection as more information is released

dman988 07-31-07 01:57 PM

I'll definitely get both.

deto 07-31-07 01:58 PM

i'll be picking up all 3 on release day.

any word on if Ratatouille will be on Blu-ray?

PrivatePixel 07-31-07 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by deto
any word on if Ratatouille will be on Blu-ray?

It will definitely be on Blu-ray. If none of the B&M retailers are offering exclusives with the SD DVD release, I will pick up the BR version.

LorenzoL 07-31-07 07:23 PM

Original post has been update.

Frozenhamster 08-01-07 01:22 AM

What I'm confused about is this mention of a 2-Disc Cars Blu-ray. From the sounds of what was so far revealed about the Blu-ray it would basically be the same as the single-disc dvd but with an extra blu-ray car info feature.

I have been waiting for a "super-genius" Cars dvd since I first saw the movie. If Disney screws me over by skipping a 2-disc dvd with a 2-disc Blu-Ray I may just have to get a Blu-ray player.

I hope to God Ratatouille gets a damn good dvd. Brad Bird loves special dvds so hopefully he'll have some sway.

jmj713 08-01-07 03:22 PM

Wonder if there's any chance the early Pixar TV commercials could be included.

MadonnasManOne 08-10-07 06:26 PM

Ratatouille DVD/Blu-Ray November 6th!

As expected, Disney has announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release of Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille.

From UltimateDisney.com:

As expected, Disney has announced Pixar Animation Studios' eighth and latest feature film, Ratatouille, for DVD and Blu-ray release on November 6th. Sadly, it appears that this critically-acclaimed hit will arrive on DVD in the pared-down mold of Cars rather than Pixar's earlier triumphant two-disc sets. The DVD (SRP: $29.99) will serve up deleted scenes, a documentary, and the all-new short Your Friend the Rat. The Blu-ray Disc (SRP: $34.99) will include the same plus add "ultimate behind-the-scenes experience" Cine-Explore and Gusteau's Gourmet Game. Each version will offer a 2.39:1 widescreen-only presentation of the film and English and Spanish tracks in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound; The Blu-ray also adds an uncompressed 5.1 English track and a French dub.

Cover Art can be seen, here: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/coverart.html#nov

MadonnasManOne 08-10-07 06:29 PM

Cars Blu-Ray, plus Pixar Short Films Collection, Vol. 1, November 6th!

From UltimateDisney.com:

So confident are Disney and Pixar in Blu-ray that when last year's blockbuster Cars debuts on the high-definition format on November 6th, it won't return to DVD in a two-disc set to match the studios' earlier collaborations. Carrying a $34.99 SRP, arriving on the same day as two Pixar DVD/Blu-ray releases and boasting a holographic slipcover,

Cars will add "Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Experience" Cine-Explore, a Car Finder game, a never-before-seen deleted scene and "much, much more" to the original DVD features.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Disney has finally announced the long-rumored Pixar Short Films Collection, Volume 1 for DVD and Blu-ray release on November 6th, the same day pegged for Ratatouille's debut on the two formats. Priced like a new movie (SRP: $29.99 DVD, $34.99 Blu-ray), the single disc will present 13 animated shorts enhanced for 16x9 displays and in Dolby Digital 5.1. The featured CGI cartoons (in chronological order): The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Red's Dream, Tin Toy, Knick Knack, Geri's Game, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack-Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghostlight, and Lifted. All but three have previously been made available on DVD, but new planned bonus features will include "The Pixar Shorts: A Short History", "never-before-seen footage", audio commentaries, and "much more."

Cover art for both can be seen, here: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/coverart.html#nov

JoeP 08-10-07 06:33 PM

God, we need a 2-disc SE Cars pronto. I was so disappointed with that release considering the past Pixar releases, and I have yet to buy it because of that... damn!

JoeP 08-10-07 06:34 PM

Ratatouille will be like Cars?!?! Sonofa.... No buy for me...!

MadonnasManOne 08-10-07 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by JoeP
God, we need a 2-disc SE Cars pronto. I was so disappointed with that release considering the past Pixar releases, and I have yet to buy it because of that... damn!

I ended up buying the single-disc release of Cars, because I REALLY enjoyed that movie, and didn't want to wait for a 2-Disc release. It did piss me off that they didn't release a 2-Disc version.

I ended up buying three releases of Cars, actually. One from Wal-Mart for their bonus disc, one from Target for their bonus disc, and one from Blockbuster for their tin. So, I've put together my own little SE of Cars. I gave one copy of Cars to my nephew for Christmas, so I was his hero, and I sold a copy for $10.00 to a friend. So, I didn't make out too badly.

Anyway, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2-Disc DVD release of Cars. Disney is too busy pushing Blu-Ray, that they'll ignore the DVD version in favor of the Blu-Ray version.