Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Saturday Night Live:The Complete 2nd Season --- December, 2007?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Saturday Night Live:The Complete 2nd Season --- December, 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Just got my season 2 DVD. ANd yet again...NO FU*KING BOOKLET!!!
What in the hell is going on. Last year the booklet was even advertised on the back of the box. This time it wasnt but I ordered it online and Still no booklet. Is there a number you can call to get these booklets because frankly I am a little pissed after spending $45 and still not getting the booklet.
I noticed two different packages for this set at the store, right next to each other on the same shelf, and at the same price. One was a large box that opens up like a book with the digipack and collectible booklet inside. The other was a slightly smaller cardboard box that kind of looked like a slipcase... if you didn't look closely, you may have just grabbed the smaller package and perhaps that one doesn't come with the booklet. Or in your case, that's the one they sent you. Looks like the larger book-like packaging is limited or something.
Old 12-12-07, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I really wish they would speed up the release of this show. Once a year is not good enough for a 30+ season show! I want my early 90s episodes!
Old 12-12-07, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I also got screwed on the packaging - no booklet, flimsy case that doesn't match the previous... But it did have the "Limited Edition" sticker on it, so I thought it was safe to buy. I'm very unhappy with Universal right now...

A question: Did anyone who ordered from DD get the correct version? I got mine at Circuit City.

Last edited by skywalker8; 12-12-07 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 10:35 AM
Banned

You know, Universal is not doing a very good job with these releases if they want to persuade them to buy the nest 30+ seasons of this show.
Old 12-12-07, 10:46 AM

I ordered my SNL Season 2 from Amazon, and received the sturdier, more box-like packaging, with the booklet. At my local Wal-mart, they only had the flimsier-type packaging, so I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the Amazon box. Glad I ordered from Amazon, so it matches Season 1 on the shelf. Definitely odd that there are two packages out there.
Old 12-12-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know why they did it this way.. with no price or labelling distinction between the different packagings. They're just mixed together (and Season 1 is now only available in the flimsier package, and cheaper, which I do understand)... If I hadn't been paying attention and just grabbed the first one I saw I could have taken the flimsier one thinking it was a uniform package. Weird.
Old 12-12-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of them is a limited edition, right? That's how it was last year. I think that's why you guys are seeing two different versions.
Old 12-12-07, 09:12 PM

I recently bought a new copy of Season 1 and it didn't have the large hard-box 'bookcase', but it still had the photo-booklet and instead of the hard-box, the digi-pack and photo-booklet came in a regular-sized slip-box. I actually prefer that over the limited edition version because it takes up less room - plus the digi-pack fits so loosely in the large hard-box of the limited edition that it looks cheap. So as far as season 1 is concerned, the only difference is that the limited one has that stupid large outer-box.

But apparently the regular version of season 2 doesn't come with the booklet at all? Is it even packaged in a regular-sized sleeve to hold the digi-pack?
Old 12-13-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the Hardcover Booklet edition from DD
Old 12-13-07, 11:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterCXtreme
One of them is a limited edition, right? That's how it was last year. I think that's why you guys are seeing two different versions.
Nope. I got the wrong version and it too had the "Limited Edition" sticker.

I sent a message to Universal Home Video the day I bought this but never heard back. Anyone know of a phone number?
Old 12-16-07, 12:40 AM

The limited edition isn't exactly great either. I thought the season four set where the cast photo actually created a seal on the outer box was what made that packaging one of the best ever. However, they have gotten rid of the raised portrait in favor of a flat box top which has now become below average. I suspect we'll soon get the following seasons only in the smaller box size which will make for an even more awkward looking display next to the WB sets that fell pray to the same practice. (Compare the box size of the initial release of Gilmore Girls Seasons 1&2 vs 3->.
Old 06-28-08, 04:57 PM

I just ordered Season 2 through Buy.com shipping from DD. I know it's been a while since the last posts here so i was wondering if they still send the sturdy book one with the booklet. And also do they have subtitles this time or only closed captions like the first season?

Last edited by Rainet; 06-28-08 at 05:16 PM.