Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Knocked Up - Unrated (25 Sept)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-07, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The deleted scenes are probably the best part of the disc.

"If I'm so repulsive, then how did I get a chick pregnant?"
"Roofies?"
"Nah! My dick! PLAH!"
Old 09-27-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm torn on which version of this to get since it'll be a blind buy. I actually like the slipcover to the 1-disc unrated cut better, plus there are a wealth of extras on it. I'm not sure I could sit and watch 3+ hours of extras on an extra disc.
Old 09-27-07, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I'm torn on which version of this to get since it'll be a blind buy. I actually like the slipcover to the 1-disc unrated cut better, plus there are a wealth of extras on it. I'm not sure I could sit and watch 3+ hours of extras on an extra disc.
With this movie, I really think you can. The extras all manage to be fresh and hilarious, and most of the deleted/extended scenes are on the second disc anyway. Also, the "Finding Ben Stone" doc is worth getting the two disc alone.

I agree about the slipcover, and the coverart in general, though. The two disc is really fugly and there's kind of no reason they had to do that. There's some great poster art for this movie.
Old 09-27-07, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by James Hardy
Well, i'm really pissed they took out the part where they talk about the "three-titted alien from Total Recal" and replaced it with a joke about some other woman's bush which wasn't nearly as funny.
Why would they remove that?
Old 09-27-07, 02:32 PM

So, did anyone actually get a two-disc set at Target with the advertised "Behind the Scenes" booklet??

I picked up a copy earlier today and was assured by a Target clerk that it would indeed be in the case, and sure enough, it was not.

I'd be curious to see what it looks like so I can go back to store and bitch...
Old 09-27-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pitchman
So, did anyone actually get a two-disc set at Target with the advertised "Behind the Scenes" booklet??

I picked up a copy earlier today and was assured by a Target clerk that it would indeed be in the case, and sure enough, it was not.

I'd be curious to see what it looks like so I can go back to store and bitch...
Target has set up a toll-free number to call to get the missing booklet:

1-800-626-9503

More info in this thread.
Old 09-27-07, 04:31 PM

Thanks much! I will call right now.
Old 09-27-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got the 2-disc @ BB. The card pack thing looked a little lame, plus I wanted the slipcover, so I passed on it. Great movie. I watched it last night and it had me in tears.

"See you later Scorsese on coke."
Old 09-28-07, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
When they have commentaries for both rated and unrated versions, do they edit out the parts where they talk about the new stuff? I'm just wondering from a release standpoint what they did here.
Old 09-28-07, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by bhauge
Target has set up a toll-free number to call to get the missing booklet:

1-800-626-9503

More info in this thread.
Thanks bhague! I just called and they said I'd have my production booklet in 2-4 weeks. I'm glad Target is going to come through with this. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 09-28-07, 11:03 AM

I wonder if this will be like other Uni. 2-disk titles and be very limited... Better pick it up fast.
Old 09-28-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doraemon10
I wonder if this will be like other Uni. 2-disk titles and be very limited... Better pick it up fast.
I seriously doubt Universal is going to make this limited since it was a smash hit in theaters and is probably selling like hotcakes on DVD. Films like Munich, United 93 and Jarhead were minor theater hits at best, and had little to no advertising for their DVDs. Not the case for Knocked Up.
Old 09-28-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Guess I need to go back and pick up that 2 discer (already have the HD DVD) since so many of you are raving about how great the second disc of extras is. Normally I would NEVER consider doing such a thing, but this movie was so damn hilarious that I don't even mind.
Old 09-28-07, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
The second disc is really, really good. And the movie held up so well, I'm glad they didn't pad it out with extra crap. Best, most entertaining DVD through and through in a long time.
Old 09-29-07, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
This is very, very interesting.

I was out with a friend today, and we decided to go by DVDPlanet's B&M store in Huntington Beach. He wanted to buy Knocked Up, so we're looking through their display, and somehow, they had several copies of Target's "exclusive" sitting on their shelf!

How do I know it was the Target version? It had the sticker on the slipcover saying Only At Target. Obviously my friend decided to pick it up, and sure enough, his copy had the booklet inside, just as the sticker said. Thumbing through it, it looks like an EPK type of booklet, with info of the actors, producers, writers, etc.

A nice little extra, made even more interesting by the fact that DVDPlanet had a Target exclusive when apparently Target doesn't.