Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you watch TV on DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: How do you watch TV on DVD?
Random eps, favorites
6.09%
Random eps, episode content
6.09%
Season at a time
75.65%
More than one season, but not enough to get burned out
5.22%
The whole series in one swell foop, or darn close to it
19.13%
other (feel free to elaborate)
4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

How do you watch TV on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 05:43 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV on DVD has pretty much become a regular thing these days due to the lack of great movies to rent; plus I've come across some shows that I've developed a linking too and Netflix has come to the rescue.

I tend to watch the seasons in order and epsisode order, even avoiding the ones on TV, just because there's noc ommercials and I wnat to stay in check.
Old 07-16-07, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I normally watch a season at a time. Hour-long shows I tend to watch every season in order; I'll wait until they've become a bit hazy in my memory and rewatch the entire series.

Shows like the Simpsons or Futurama I'll watch a disc from a season I haven't seen in a while; I love to watch things like these before going to sleep.

TV on DVD has been great for me in that I don't really have the patience to watch shows when they're broadcast; I don't handle commercials very well at all. I've discovered some really great shows I never watched when originally aired.
Old 07-17-07, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watch them in order generally. The only show I don't is Quantum Leap because I've seen all of them, and I usually watch whatever I'm feeling like at the time.
Old 07-17-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Normally, I will go season by season, in order, so essentially it is the entire series at once, but over several days. Currently I am up to S3 of X Files (never seen a single episode until I started watching it a couple weeks ago). Bought the entire series as a blind buy a couple years ago and just started watching it.

On shows I have seen already, I usually pick and choose certain episodes, or certain seasons.
Old 07-17-07, 09:33 AM

generally season at a time, I try not to watch more then one show at a time when Im renting tv because then I foget storylines and episodes. I dont like to skip episodes either.