Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Would You Be Interested in a "Heathers" 20th Anniversary DVD in 2008?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Would You Be Interested in a "Heathers" 20th Anniversary DVD in 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

A new DVD release would be so very.
Old 06-19-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Have you tried contacting the studio about a replacement? I don't see why they still wouldn't be doing it.
I don't have the dvd anymore,since I threw it out last summer while cleaning under my bed. I kept the limited tin and dvd under there for years,since I planned to send in for a replacement. But never got around to it for obvious reasons,with it being out of sight.

I did find the Heathers ruler(still in plastic) and booklet that came in the tin in my dresser drawer though.

Last edited by Julie Walker; 06-19-07 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-20-07, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im pretty happy with the tin set I have. Great movie indeed. I would like to see some other 80s titles that dont have DVD releases get released, instead of another re-release of a movie with fairly decent features already.
Old 06-20-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Also pretty happy with the tin.
Old 05-20-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The two disc set called Heathers: 20th High School Reunion Edition is coming on 7/1. Just listed at Amazon and DVDEmpire. No info on what's included that I could find.
Old 05-20-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by matome
The two disc set called Heathers: 20th High School Reunion Edition is coming on 7/1. Just listed at Amazon and DVDEmpire. No info on what's included that I could find.
I have the previous edition, but depending on the extras, I might be tempted to upgrade. I could always give my current copy to my brother, whom also enjoys the movie.
Old 05-26-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This just popped up in my Amazon recommendations. It has one review so far, complaining that the only new feature is a single documentary. However, the docus Anchor Bay puts on 2-disc editions are often an hour or longer, so it might be worth it (though the current documentary is quite extensive). I'll wait for the reviews before deciding.
Old 05-26-08, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
This would be a real treat if it gets released. I missed out the first time on the DVD.
Old 05-27-08, 06:10 AM

According to Anchor Bay/Starz the only new addition is the Return To Westerburg High feature. Hopefully, it's fairly lengthy and not some lame 10-15 minute fluff piece.

Love the cover art

Old 05-27-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That L.A. Time quote seems to be giving the film a little too much credit. And with the exception of the Juno part(which is asinine and i completely disagree with but i keep that for another post)it seems like that scenario doesn't seem like such a bad thing.
I'm happy with the disc i already have, i probably haven't watched it but three times since it came out, i did like the extras on it though.
Old 05-27-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This would be a real treat if it gets released. I missed out the first time on the DVD.
The current version is part of the Deep Discount Anchor Bay BOGO. It's $9.10, which comes to $4.55 if you pair it with something of the same price. On the other hand the new edition will be out in just another month.
Old 05-27-08, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by paradicelost
That L.A. Time quote seems to be giving the film a little too much credit.
The Mean Girls part is accurate enough -- the Plastics are clearly modeled on the Heathers, the teenspeak is inspired by Heathers and Clueless, and the director of Mean Girls is the brother of the writer of Heathers.

Juno on the other hand is more of a realistic John Hughes movie than anything.

I haven't seen Jawbreaker, so I can't judge.
Old 05-27-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just watched this for the first time yesterday. Not a bad movie, but a little dated. I don't think I'll be picking this up.

= J
Old 05-27-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

One of my all-time favorites.

I returned my tin version when the disc would no longer play (I replaced it with the standard edition).

I'd love to see this on Blu-ray, and that's the only way I'd double dip.
Old 05-28-08, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I haven't seen Jawbreaker, so I can't judge.
Jawbreaker fits the same mold as Heathers and Mean Girls. I'm hoping that Columbia TriStar/Sony will give it a 10th anniversary special edition DVD/Blu-ray release next year. The original DVD (the one I have) is double-sided with 16x9 enhanced widescreen (1.85:1) and open-matte. There are no extras. Three years ago, this is one of the many titles that Sony reissued with only the fullscreen transfer present.

Last edited by L Chabert Lover; 05-28-08 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-28-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I'd probably buy another one. I have one of the "defective" ones but it still plays.... so I'm running on borrowed time.
Same here.

Heathers: The "Fuck me Gently With a Chainsaw" 20th Anniversary Edition.

I don't like the LA Times quote on the cover though.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 05-28-08 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-28-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover
Jawbreaker fits the same mold as Heathers and Mean Girls. I'm hoping that Columbia TriStar/Sony will give it a 10th anniversary special edition DVD/Blu-ray release next year. The original DVD (the one I have) is double-sided with 16x9 enhanced widescreen (1.85:1) and open-matte. There are no extras. Three years ago, this is one of the many titles that Sony reissued with only the fullscreen transfer present.
There are a bunch of extras on the Jawbreaker disc, including one of the most overly serious, pretentious commentaries I've ever heard.

If the new doc on this new Heathers release is feature length and the price is cheap I may pick this up, although the Diet Coke Heads featurette on the old disc was pretty comprehensive.
Old 05-28-08, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
There are a bunch of extras on the Jawbreaker disc, including one of the most overly serious, pretentious commentaries I've ever heard.
Wow, I completely forgot about the director's commentary track. It's been awhile since I've played the disc. Upon closer inspection, there are also some production notes and trailers present.
Old 07-03-08, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone picked this up? I'm wondering if it's worth the "upgrade". Love the movie, although I haven't seen it in awhile. I have the tin with a corrected disc (though oddly, not the ruler), but I might be willing to shell out another $10 for the 2-disc set, if it's really worth it. Actually, I wonder what my discount at work would be. Silly me, I forgot to check. It's actually kind of odd that we have both versions just sitting on the shelf. Thought we would've gotten rid of the earlier one a long time ago. I didn't even realize this new version was coming out, so it was something of a shock when I saw it.

Most people I converse with probably don't realize it, but my email handle (Cherrycokehead) is actually a reference to this movie.

K
Old 07-03-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The DVDTalk review is up and the only thing added is a new featurette whihc basically rehashes the original documentary with some new quotes. After buying all the previous versions from the non-anamorphic one to the LE tin, I won't be upgrading this until the Blu-ray hits, especially when there's basically nothing new other than to capitalize on the 20th anniversary and Water's Sex and Death 101 release. I like the original art on the cover though.
Old 07-04-08, 05:07 PM
MGR

Originally Posted by matome
...especially when there's basically nothing new other than to capitalize on the 20th anniversary and Water's Sex and Death 101 release.
They might also be trying to capitalize on the LA Times cover quote referencing JUNO- trying to grab onto whatever remaining coattails that flick might have...
Old 07-05-08, 11:56 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
i got it and love it. of course i haven't seen it yet or had the previous version, so basically i am just liking the fact that it was marked as the older version right next to it at $9.99. don't remember too much of it from long ago, but i look forward to the dark comedy to come.
Old 07-05-08, 01:36 PM

Another review:
http://www.dvdcorner.net/reviews/dvd...n_edition.html

Sounds like a weak double dip.