DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Seinfeld Season 9 -------> Nov. 2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/502715-seinfeld-season-9-nov-2007-a.html)

LoPan5705 06-06-07 12:45 PM

Seinfeld Season 9 -------> Nov. 2007

Looking through my Season 8 dvd, I noticed an insert advertising Season 9's release in November. No specific date has been announced, but my guess would be the 20th or 27th.

Also, the finale episodes will be included on Season 9. Someone had told me that they might be leaving the final episodes off for a seperate dvd release. I'm glad that's not the case.

Michael Corvin 06-06-07 12:47 PM

Including the clip show? Hopefully they don't go the MASH route.

LoPan5705 06-06-07 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Including the clip show? Hopefully they don't go the MASH route.

Yes, those should be on the dvds. It says all 24 network episodes and the clip shows were episodes 21 and 22.

MikeShaynePI 06-06-07 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by LoPan5705
Also, the finale episodes will be included on Season 9. Someone had told me that they might be leaving the final episodes off for a seperate dvd release. I'm glad that's not the case.

That would have been pretty low of Sony. The fans would have reamed them.

matome 06-06-07 01:02 PM

Looking forward to completing this.

Greg MacGuffin 06-06-07 01:11 PM

DVD Aficionado lists the release date as November 20th. Don't know if that's accurate.

dadaluholla 06-06-07 01:15 PM

Ahhhh, this is finally the season with the episode where Jerry's girlfriend's belly talks to him with that funny voice, "Hellloooo, la la la!". I love that episode.

Matt 06-06-07 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffy Pop
DVD Aficionado lists the release date as November 20th. Don't know if that's accurate.

That's the last Tuesday before Thanksgiving/Black Friday. I think all the other November-released seasons were also released on that same Tuesday, so that seems reasonable to me.

Ginwen 06-06-07 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LoPan5705
Yes, those should be on the dvds. It says all 24 network episodes and the clip shows were episodes 21 and 22.

Yeah they should put those on there I guess. Personally, though, I never bother to watch clip shows.

GuruTwo 06-06-07 01:29 PM

I think the early-November theatrical release of Jerry Seinfeld's "Bee Movie" could bump this up to a release earlier in the month as a cash-grab move on Sony's part but that's just speculation.

That would have been pretty low of Sony. The fans would have reamed them.
I just bought Season 8 the other night (I went to the store to get it at midnight as a matter of fact) even though I'm less-enthusiastic about seasons 8 & 9 but I think making the finale available separately as well as including it in the box set would be a good move. That way people would have the option of buying all 8 box sets and having the complete shows but the significant chunk of people only interested in "The Larry Years" could just buy the first seven seasons and the finale.

Matt 06-06-07 03:13 PM

Would very many people really want to own just the finale?

fliggil 06-06-07 03:17 PM

Surprised at no mention of another box a la S1/2/3 and 5/6...perhaps a miniature Frogger machine or bucket of Kenny Rogers chicken would have been appropiate?

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 06-06-07 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MWB

I think the Raymond finale dvd sold pretty well.

EdTheRipper 06-06-07 04:33 PM

Sweet.

bluetoast 06-06-07 04:46 PM

I'm just wondering, did they film the extras for all of the seasons at once, before S1 was released, or did they do them over the last couple years? Because I had heard about the negotiations on payment, etc.

Matt 06-06-07 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I think the Raymond finale dvd sold pretty well.

Didn't that come out within a week after the finale aired? And well before that episode would have been seen in syndication?

I just don't think there's really a huge demand for the Seinfeld finale. It aired over nine years ago, to mixed reviews, and has been aired in syndication a countless number of times since then.

cultshock 06-06-07 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by matome
Looking forward to completing this.

Me too. :up: I'm currently waiting for Deep Discount to ship Season 8. :)

gotrice487 06-06-07 06:45 PM

I'll be buying this on release day!

animatedude 06-06-07 09:02 PM

hey! when it comes to TV series, i usually buy the whole entire thing at one shot when they release them as big boxsets but when it comes to Seinfeld, i had to buy them early because i wanted to get the giftsets.but iam expecting they do what they did to "Friends" which is include a promo insert inside this final set to get the big box to house them all!

tofferman 06-07-07 12:19 AM

7 seasons acquired, season 8 on order, and season 9 will be mine as well. Arguably the greatest sitcom on tv ever. Great news...
:beer2:

GuruTwo 06-07-07 02:48 AM

Like I said, there are people that are uninterested in the Post-Larry Era and thus only interested in 1-7 and the finale.

I own season 8 and have been watching it the past three nights (I'm almost done with disc 3 and that includes everything including commentaries) but the show was definitely not the same without Larry and I've seen many, many people say that they were done with the DVD's after season 7. I think those people would probably pick up the finale as a separate release. I even saw somebody mention that they were buying seasons 1-7 and 9 for the finale only (it may have even been a poster here) which really set my "anal retentive nerd" alarm off because I know I wouldn't be able to stand having a single gap in an 8-release set especially since Larry did make a few guest spots in season 8 as Big Stein but I digress.

nateman 06-07-07 07:56 AM

Didn't that come out within a week after the finale aired? And well before that episode would have been seen in syndication?

I just don't think there's really a huge demand for the Seinfeld finale. It aired over nine years ago, to mixed reviews, and has been aired in syndication a countless number of times since then.
Same with the Will & Grace series finale and althrough it got delayed a few weeks then original planned.
It's nice to have the finale of W&G esp. because lionsgate only releases 1 god damn season a year and whats even worse is that some of the episodes in recent sets (5 & 6) have some syndicated episodes on them instead of there original broadcast episodes.
I am not a fan of Seinfeld & its not because of the MR thing with him being rasist its just the show isn't my cup of tea but i will give credit where its due and say it was a original show. but Sony did treat the series extremly well on DVD & I wish more shows got the same treatment as Seinfeld got on DVD.

Matt 06-07-07 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by GuruTwo
Like I said, there are people that are uninterested in the Post-Larry Era and thus only interested in 1-7 and the finale.

I own season 8 and have been watching it the past three nights (I'm almost done with disc 3 and that includes everything including commentaries) but the show was definitely not the same without Larry and I've seen many, many people say that they were done with the DVD's after season 7. I think those people would probably pick up the finale as a separate release. I even saw somebody mention that they were buying seasons 1-7 and 9 for the finale only (it may have even been a poster here) which really set my "anal retentive nerd" alarm off because I know I wouldn't be able to stand having a single gap in an 8-release set especially since Larry did make a few guest spots in season 8 as Big Stein but I digress.

I get what you're saying, and I, too, am one of the many that thinks the show took a turn for the worse after LD left. . .

. . .but I still don't think there's enough LD fans out there to justify a separate release.

thecrazydude 06-07-07 11:05 AM

People can like what they like, but in my opinion, Seinfeld (seasons 1-9) is the greatest tv show ever! I can't wait until season 9 is on DVD.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 06-07-07 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by MWB

I think you're probably right on that.

Release Date: 05/24/2005