DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Commando: Director's Cut --> 9/18/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/502635-commando-directors-cut-9-18-07-a.html)

Zen Peckinpah 06-05-07 04:02 PM

Commando: Director's Cut --> 9/18/07

Didn't see this posted...from DVDActive:

Fox has announced a director's cut of Commando which stars Arnold Schwarzenegger. The disc will be available to own from the 18th September, and should retail at around $19.98. As well as the original theatrical cut (90 minutes), the set will include an all-new seamlessly branched unrated version (95 minutes) as envisioned by director Mark L. Lester. Each version of the film will be presented in 1.85:1 anamoprhic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. Extras will include an audio commentary on the theatrical cut by director Mark Lester, deleted scenes, a Pure Action featurette, a Let Off Some Steam featurette, and 4 photo galleries with over 150 images (Creating Commando, Domestic Bliss with John and Jenny, Kill Arnold, Kill!, and Trashing the Galleria).
Artwork is here.

Right around my birthday and all, will definitely pick this one up.

However, I don't need the girl! :D

I keep forgetting this is directed by the same director of Class of 1984. While we're at it we need an R1 version of Class of 1999 too. Artwork's not bad either.

I'll welcome all of you let off your steam about it...

Rammsteinfan 06-05-07 04:06 PM

Just saw this a min ago! Cant wait... classic ahnold.

RagingBull80 06-05-07 04:08 PM

Wow, first the new Taxi Driver, now this. It must be Christmas! I'll be getting this.

I thought there was a R1 Class of 1984?

Zen Peckinpah 06-05-07 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull80
Wow, first the new Taxi Driver, now this. It must be Christmas! I'll be getting this.

I thought there was a R1 Class of 1984?

Good call! I even own it. I meant Class of 1999...post was fixed.

jmj713 06-05-07 04:10 PM

Wow all these long-awaited catalog SEs pouring out! More!

P.S.: Ah gotta love what a silly little comma can do to a sentence. Here's what one of the features from the press release is titled: Kill Arnold, Kill! :)

Joel Goodsen 06-05-07 04:13 PM

It's about time. I am more than game for this release. The DVD news lately has been improving quite abit. The Burning UNCUT and Commando SE. Nice combo.

" Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? "
" That's right, Matrix. You did. "
" I LIED "

starseed1981 06-05-07 04:15 PM

"Please don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired."

Mwahaha

...about time for this. Any word on a Blu-Ray or HD release?

Space_Monkey 06-05-07 04:15 PM

This just made my day!
Hopefully it will be 5 minutes of ass-kickin' 80's violence and not "character development"

JZ1276 06-05-07 04:24 PM

niiice, i just listed mine on half.com the other day too.

"You fuckin' whore" - Sully

dullboy 06-05-07 04:32 PM

Can't believe this is finally gonna be anamorphic in the US....AND finally get the first 5.1 audio track anywhere in the world! This has been a long time coming.

"Put away that chicken-shit gun. You want to put the knife in me!"

Now if we could also get a release of Bobby Jo and the Outlaw.

riotinmyskull 06-05-07 04:33 PM

this rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! the artwork is pretty decent too!!!!

captainjoe 06-05-07 04:39 PM

"I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!!!!"

Mr. Cinema 06-05-07 04:46 PM

That's another non-anamorphic Fox dvd we can remove from the list. That leaves True Lies, The Abyss, Broken Arrow, The Edge, and a few others.

thelwig14 06-05-07 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
That's another non-anamorphic Fox dvd we can remove from the list. That leaves True Lies, The Abyss, Broken Arrow, The Edge, and a few others.

Exactly. Cannot wait for this title. If I can just get a little True Lies, The Abyss, and The Edge.....love.

Space_Monkey 06-05-07 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Exactly. Cannot wait for this title. If I can just get a little True Lies, The Abyss, and The Edge.....love.

That's my wish list for Fox plus I'm still waiting to replace my non-anamorphic "Ravenous" dvd.

Now Fox, Pay attention to this... Do you see how easy it is to get me enthusiastic about handing over my money for a worthy dvd upgrade. Keep 'em coming.

DarthVong 06-05-07 07:32 PM

I eat Green Berets for breakfast, and right now I'm very hungry!

Classic!!!

islandclaws 06-05-07 07:56 PM

One of my most anticipated releases for years now, and with a shitload of features to boot. I can't wait to watch Arnold slice off head chunks with a saw blade in anamorphic widescreen.

tofferman 06-05-07 09:13 PM

Count me in for a double dip as well...A guilty pleasure at worst...

Digigeek06 06-05-07 09:48 PM

Good News Indeed,Schwarzenegger rules,now fianlly give me my True Lies Director's cut extended edition with Anamorphic DTS

Egon's Ghost 06-05-07 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
I'll welcome all of you let off your steam about it...

I'm gonna shoot you between the...

Originally Posted by Digigeek06
Good News Indeed,Schwarzenegger rules,now fianlly give me my True Lies Director's cut extended edition with Anamorphic DTS

Just as soon as they give us goddamn ABYSS

Apone 06-05-07 11:19 PM

I'm so happy!

:banana:

UAIOE 06-05-07 11:48 PM

"Robocop" and now "Commando"......this is going to be a great year.

I Hope a "True Lies: SE" & "Last Action Hero SE" aren't too far off.

OwlAtHome 06-06-07 12:06 AM

Bring on the body count!

Shazam 06-06-07 12:40 AM

You said you'd kill me last!

RagingBull80 06-06-07 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
Bring on the body count!

Kinda off-topic but...

The last time I watched this I did a count of on-screen deaths in the final action sequence and it came to 74, I believe.