DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   TV-DVD Releases for August + September (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/501608-tv-dvd-releases-august-september.html)

dman988 05-25-07 12:12 PM

TV-DVD Releases for August + September

Apparently, studios are going nuts and releasing all the awesome shows in this small time frame. I wanted to list it for myself, but I thought I'd put it up here too (I'll update when date's are announced):

--

Revised (Popular Shows)
August 7
Dresden Files The Complete 1st Season
Simpsons Season 10

August 14
Rome The Complete 2nd Season

August 21
Dexter The Complete 1st Season
House Season 3
Ugly Betty: S1

August 28
Heroes Season 1

September 4
30 Rock Season 1
Desperate Housewives: S3
Nip/Tuck The Complete 4th Season
Prison Break Season 2

September 11
Bones Season 2
Grey's Anatomy: S3
Jericho The Complete Series
Office Season 3
Supernatural The Complete 2nd Season
Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 3
Two And A Half Men The Complete 1st Season

September 18
Numb3rs Season 3
Smallville The Complete 6th Season

September 25
Ghost Whisperer Season 2
What about Brian: the Complete Series

SuperBatMan 05-25-07 12:44 PM

Smallville- Sept. 11

David Lambert 05-25-07 01:06 PM

Courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD's News Director (me!). Remember that all dates are subject to change, but the ones in September are especially tentative at this moment in time. Veronica Mars and the ABC shows will be announced next week, and some will be in this timeframe but others may not be. For example, Lost - S3 may not come out until Christmas time, or possibly after, since the new season will not start until early 2008 (I've heard February). Also, South Park S10 will probably return to the schedule with a Sept. release date.

This time period is popular as TV-DVD release dates because titles can tie into the new Fall season ("promote last year's episodes as a way to get ready for the new season"), and because of all the back-to-school traffic, and because it's getting them in the pipe in time for the holiday gift-giving season.

August 7
Adventures of Jim Bowie The Complete Collection
Charlie and Lola Volume 5
Darkwing Duck Volume 2
Dresden Files The Complete 1st Season
Full House The Complete 7th Season
Hills The Complete 2nd Season
Inside the Actors Studio Barbra Streisand
Muppet Show, The Season 2
My Hero Season 2
Nick Picks Volume 6
Roseanne The Complete 8th Season
Saved By The Bell Hawaiian Style / Wedding In Las Vegas Double Feature
Simpsons Season 10
Soul Food The Complete 2nd Season
Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The Volume 2: Sweet Suite Victory
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show The Complete Series
That Girl Season 3
Tick, The Season 2

August 14
8 Simple Rules Season 1
All Creatures Great and Small Series 7
All Creatures Great and Small The Complete Collection
Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 2: Earth, Volume 4
Baby Looney Tunes Volume 4: Tooth Fairy Tales
Doctor Who Story #075: Robot
Doctor Who Story #159: Survival
Dynasty Season 2
Fugitive, The Season 1, Volume 1
Home Improvement Season 7
Loonatics: Unleashed Season 2
Pup Named Scooby-Doo, A Volume 7
Rome The Complete 2nd Season

August 21
Dexter The Complete 1st Season
House Season 3
JAG The Complete 4th Season

August 28
Dark Shadows The Beginning - Episodes 1 - 35
Heroes Season 1
Heroes Season 1 (HD-DVD)
Legion of Super-Heroes Volume 1
Odd Couple Season 2
Outer Limits (Original Series) Volume 2
Samurai Jack Season 4

September 4
30 Rock Season 1
Bosom Buddies Season 2
Nip/Tuck The Complete 4th Season
Nip/Tuck The Complete 4th Season (Blu-ray)
Nip/Tuck The Complete 4th Season (HD-DVD)
Prison Break Season 2
SpongeBob SquarePants Season 5, Volume 1
Star Trek: The Nex Generation The Complete Series

September 11
Avatar: The Last Airbender The Complete Book 2 Collection
Bones Season 2
Charmed The Complete 8th Season
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends The Complete Season 2
I Love Lucy The Complete Series
Jericho The Complete Series
Office Season 3
Supernatural The Complete 2nd Season
Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 3
Two And A Half Men The Complete 1st Season
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT Fast Forward Vol. 2

September 18
Josie and the Pussycats The Complete Series
Numb3rs Season 3
Smallville The Complete 6th Season

September 25
Davey and Goliath The Lost Episodes
Drawn Together Season 2: Uncensored!
Ghost Whisperer Season 2
Streets Of San Francisco Season 1, Volume 2
The Untouchables Season 1, Volume 2
Touched By An Angel Season 4, Volume 2
Voltron: Defender of the Universe Vol. 4: Red Lion

David Lambert 05-25-07 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Smallville- Sept. 11

Sept. 18th.

bloopbleep 05-25-07 01:37 PM

should be made a sticky.

Bluelitespecial 05-25-07 01:43 PM

August and september will be expensive for me. I will be buying

The hills season 2
The muppet show season 2
Rome season 2
The simpsons season 10
south park season 10
supernatural season 2
drawn together season 2
family guy volume 5
Friday night lights season 1

starseed1981 05-25-07 02:01 PM

I'm gonna be so broke...

Nip / Tuck Season 4
Supernatural Season 2
Smallville Season 6
The Unit Season 2
Jericho Season 1
Dexter: Season 1
Veronica Mars Season 3
Heroes Season 1
The Office Season 3
Friday Night Lights Season 1
Prison Break Season 2
24 Season 6
The Shield Season 5
Lost Season 3
Battlestar Galactica Season 3
Desperate Housewives Season 3

Are all on my buy list. I'm gonna have to spread them through Xmas.

starman9000 05-25-07 02:05 PM

Will get Battlestar, Office and 30 rock release week, then hope for Smallville for a gift.

Rome and the Muppet Show Ill keep an eye on, those titles seem to stay pricey for a while.

dman988 05-25-07 05:57 PM

Thanks David Lambert!

That was a very helpful post, and thank you for being such a good news director for that site. :)

DVDFreaker 05-25-07 06:05 PM

I would buy some DVDs in August or September but I have to save $$$ for a apartment so that will have to wait

critterdvd 05-25-07 07:08 PM

One Tree hill season 4(hopefully it will be anounced for september)
I'm actually thinking this will probably be a December/January title to tie into the fifth season, which premiers midseason...

Bluelitespecial 05-25-07 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I'm actually thinking this will probably be a December/January title to tie into the fifth season, which premiers midseason...

I hope we still see it by the early fall, but you are probably right they won't release it until around Christmas time. But I will have Supernatural season 2 to keep busy until then.

naitram 05-25-07 09:13 PM

What's the deal with that Outer Limits set? Are they re-releasing both volumes of the original series? I gave up trying to get sets that actually played right, still haven't seen all the episodes - they need to have some kind of trade-in deal for those of us still stuck with defective sets.

Also any word on Sesame Street "Old School" vol. 2 or a complete Star Trek original series with the new "remastered" episodes?

rw2516 05-26-07 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by naitram
What's the deal with that Outer Limits set? Are they re-releasing both volumes of the original series? I gave up trying to get sets that actually played right, still haven't seen all the episodes - they need to have some kind of trade-in deal for those of us still stuck with defective sets.

Also any word on Sesame Street "Old School" vol. 2 or a complete Star Trek original series with the new "remastered" episodes?

I think I saw somewhere they are releasing individual single discs of Outer Limits.

Sparrow 05-26-07 08:37 AM

I will have to practice restraint as there are so many that I'd like to own, but I know I'll never get around to watching most this year. I'll pick up some of the series being released on HD (BD), 30 Rock and Dexter (even though I'd prefer to wait on an HD release).

egotistical 05-26-07 03:08 PM

i'm not sure if this has even been mentioned, but i am searching for ninja warrior on dvd. i'm really not even sure when the show began but i pretty much became infatuated with it and would love to have it on dvd. if anyone has any info please let me know. i've actually tried to search it but something with a similar name always comes back instead.

Bluelitespecial 05-26-07 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by naitram
Also any word on Sesame Street "Old School" vol. 2

It's on the way for sometime this fall according to www.muppetcentral.com, but there is nothing official yet.

LasVegasMichael 05-27-07 10:45 AM

No complete Series of Studio 60? I thought that wouild be inevitible (and the only real reason to allow the series to complete on the air). I know I would buy it.

Very happy about 30 Rock, as I missed some of those eps, and want to watch them all sequentially.

Wonder of The Class will ever hit DVD. Though it did not wrap up in the Season Finale, it did complete a full season (unlike short lives like Kitchen Confidential). Wouldn't be surprised if it hits eventually.

Sonny Corinthos 05-27-07 02:34 PM

Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show The Complete Series. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scott27 05-28-07 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by LasVegasMichael
No complete Series of Studio 60? I thought that wouild be inevitible (and the only real reason to allow the series to complete on the air). I know I would buy it.

Yeah, it'll be out by December at the latest, I'm sure. But since there are still five episodes yet to air (assuming NBC airs them all), I doubt we'll get an announcement until those are done.

johnbook 05-28-07 04:36 PM

The Fugitive might be a pick up, but only two for sure for me, Roseanne season 8 and Two and a half men season 1.

js097 05-29-07 12:19 AM

One thing to remember - if you hold off, the season sets that come out in August/September are often heavily discounted on Black Friday and Christmas sales. Last year, I got some great deals on Prison Break S1, My Name Is Earl S1, Rome S1, Simpsons S8, 24 S4, House S1, etc.

dman988 05-30-07 06:38 PM

Ooh, ABC updates.

Bluelitespecial 06-06-07 11:54 AM

I am just wondering has there been a release date for Friday Night Lights yet, I am curious about getting this as a blind buy since everyone here raves at how good the show is?

Scott27 06-06-07 12:07 PM

I haven't heard a date for FNL. Late August/early September is most likely, I would think. If you don't want to wait that long to see it, nbc.com has the entire season on the site that you can stream.