Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there another R1 Taxi Driver release on the horizon?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-07, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I missed a Taxi Driver thread my apologies and mods/admin can lock, but I searched back pretty far and saw nothing relevant. I ask the question in the thread title because I am tempted to buy the R3 Superbit, but $40 is a lot for me to spend on a DVD if a good R1 release is coming soon.
Old 05-20-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No.

but i say wait cos there's an all new SE from the R2UK land.http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/33500...n/Product.html
Old 05-20-07, 07:33 PM

I own the R3 Superbit and it's fantastic. The picture is great and the DTS track rules. It's well worth the extra money, in my opinion.
Old 05-20-07, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by vcuram
I own the R3 Superbit and it's fantastic. The picture is great and the DTS track rules. It's well worth the extra money, in my opinion.
I was leaning that way, Superbits are the best as far as upconverting and this is a movie I rented and loved, but never bought. The R2 re-release is promising, but I don't want to wait again a la Fistul of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More
Old 05-20-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple months ago, some Brazilian site said that Sony was releasing a special edition of Taxi Driver in July. Doesn't mean it's gonna be released here, but maybe...
Old 05-20-07, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by MetalGator311
I was leaning that way, Superbits are the best as far as upconverting and this is a movie I rented and loved, but never bought. The R2 re-release is promising, but I don't want to wait again a la Fistul of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More
The only problem with the R3 Superbit is the title on the spine is in Japanese, which makes it look kinda weird on my shelf. Other than that, it's a great release. I got mine at yesasia.com and I'm thinking of ordering the Easy Rider and Bridge on the River Kwai Superbits soon.
Old 05-20-07, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by vcuram
The only problem with the R3 Superbit is the title on the spine is in Japanese, which makes it look kinda weird on my shelf. Other than that, it's a great release. I got mine at yesasia.com and I'm thinking of ordering the Easy Rider and Bridge on the River Kwai Superbits soon.
I used the $5 off for first time there. I decided I'd rather pay $39.50 now a good product rather than wait just to pay less and maybe get a few good extras
Old 05-21-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was pretty sure I had read, in the recent months, that they were doing a Special Edition with the Criterion commentary.

However, I confess, I can't find that info now, or remember where I saw it.
Old 05-21-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seeing as this is one of my favorite Scorcese flicks I'll happily double dip for a new release. I just hope it's not called something lame, like the "Suck on This" edition or something.
Old 06-04-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow. MetalGator311 must have some hardcore psychic powers!

Taxi Driver: Two-Disc Collector's Edition coming August 14th, as per DVD Active. Coverart available as well.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/taxi-driver.html
Old 06-04-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On the last release, the size of the movie portion is less than 4 GB large. While I thought it was a good release, the movie could benefit from it's own disc.