DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Who here has ever won any of the DVD Talk contests? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/500867-who-here-has-ever-won-any-dvd-talk-contests.html)

mxv 05-17-07 10:30 AM

Who here has ever won any of the DVD Talk contests?

I'm just curious how many out there have ever won any of the free DVD giveaways here on DVD Talk. I enter every single one but have never won anything. That's pretty much par for the course for me as I never seem to win anything, but I'm just curious to see if anyone out there is winning.

rfduncan 05-17-07 11:20 AM

[Cricket voice]Chrip, chirp, chirp.[/Cricket voice] ;)

JimRochester 05-17-07 11:31 AM

My luck is so bad that back when me and Geoff were the only two members, I still didn't win

Scott27 05-17-07 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JimRochester
My luck is so bad that back when me and Geoff were the only two members, I still didn't win

And he wasn't even eligible because he owns the site.

I think I'm winning the over/under contest on how many of these threads have been started over the years. I think I took the over at 9.

GoldenJCJ 05-17-07 12:30 PM

My guess is the winners are those that stumble onto this site, sign up for the sole reason of winning a DVD, and are never heard from again.

I myself, stopped signing up to win several years ago. I guess the fact that I've never won shouldn't surprise me.

MScottM 05-17-07 12:33 PM

I won a free Complete Firefly series. I wasn't even notified that I had won. It just showed up in the mail one day and I have to try to figure out if I had ordered it or what. Turned out I had won from DVDTalk. Very cool.

Randy Miller III 05-17-07 12:36 PM

None here, but I won a Planet of the Apes boxed set from DVD Verdict back in the day.

Dragon Fly 05-17-07 12:37 PM

I won Evil Dead 2 waaaay back when it was released the first time. :( The case came broken in the mail though!

Tenacious D 05-17-07 12:42 PM

I won the Oldboy single disc Tartan release when it came out from Bloody Disgusting. It just showed up one day in my mail box like someone else said. No notification whatsoever. What a happy surprise! Never won any of the contests here, though.

Damfino 05-17-07 12:51 PM

I won Kill Bill vol. 1 when it was released and it turned out to be a nice prize because I was planning to wait for the SE that has yet to arrive.

J.P.V. 05-17-07 12:54 PM

Nothing here, but I did win a Hill Street Blues - Season 2 from DVDFile.

snorlaxnut 05-17-07 12:59 PM

I won a copy of Ninja Scroll: 10th Anniversary Edition back in 2003.

JCWBobC 05-17-07 12:59 PM

Not on this site but I won a Red Ipod Nano, a History Channel jacket & hat, and some History Channel DVDs. As far as this site goes I sign up for practically everything but haven't won anything.

Dan G 05-17-07 01:21 PM

I don't enter every contest, just the ones with prizes I'm in interested in winning.
I haven't won yet.

exharrison 05-17-07 01:28 PM

Not yet. But I only enter ones I want.

Dan1boy 05-17-07 01:34 PM

I stopped entering about a year ago....*shrug*

Ayre 05-17-07 01:41 PM

I won Shadow of a Vampire a few years ago.

fletchtb 05-17-07 01:42 PM

I just won a copy of La Haine - Criterion Collection. It showed up in the mail last week with no notice.

I had never seen the movie and never would have without the contest, but it was a good movie.

Thanks DVD Talk!

girlnextdoor 05-17-07 01:49 PM

I have never signed up for a contest. Where do I go to do this?

JCWBobC 05-17-07 02:22 PM

At the very top of the screen is a link for DVD Giveaways and they are usually posted on the main page.

Bob

matome 05-17-07 02:29 PM

LOL, I never even knew about these.

cajun_junky 05-17-07 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
My guess is the winners are those that stumble onto this site, sign up for the sole reason of winning a DVD, and are never heard from again.

I myself, stopped signing up to win several years ago. I guess the fact that I've never won shouldn't surprise me.

That was my guess as well. I still sign up every once in a while but always ask myself why. It does seem that those that have been around for awhile and contribute regularly should get like 2 entries or something.

HerdfanWV 05-17-07 03:15 PM

I won a copy of the movie "How to Deal".

GreenVulture 05-17-07 03:27 PM

You guys, we're all members of DVD Talk, so therefore we're winners every day. Right? Right?

Hello? Is this thing on?

Apone 05-17-07 03:30 PM

You must live in the United States or Canada.
Bah! :mad: