DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   All SAW editions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/499990-all-saw-editions.html)

Wildo1966 05-17-07 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Looks like that...

I am so relived that the Saw Expert has spoken and told me what I bought! Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, you do NOT know everything there is to know about Saw dvds? I know you seem to be the know it all expert on just about everything but the truth is you have NO idea what this set, I bought the set NOT you, I will have the answers to this mystery not you...And if by some chance this is a 100% legit set you can be sure this set is staying in my collection, NOT YOURS...

Giggles 05-17-07 11:29 AM

Take it easy, Wildo, Xage just said it LOOKS LIKE THAT. Besides I've been humbly assuming if you have the answers for this mystery you'll share them with us... :)

xage 05-17-07 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Giggles
Take it easy, Wildo, Xage just said it LOOKS LIKE THAT. Besides I've been humbly assuming if you have the answers for this mystery you'll share them with us... :)

Hi Giggles, the answer is NO there were NO LEGITIMATE 6 Disc Set released. (Please refer to my Post#9, dated 05-08-07, 06:18 AM )
If this response is not satisfactory, please do call Lions Gate Entertainment at this number : (310) 449-9200 they too, will tell you that the said set is NOT AN OFFICIAL release.

And please if you could edit your initial list at the beginning of this thread and removed this alleged 6disc set as it might raise "FALSE" information to others.

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
I am so relived that the Saw Expert has spoken and told me what I bought! Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, you do NOT know everything there is to know about Saw dvds? I know you seem to be the know it all expert on just about everything but the truth is you have NO idea what this set, I bought the set NOT you, I will have the answers to this mystery not you...And if by some chance this is a 100% legit set you can be sure this set is staying in my collection, NOT YOURS...

Excuse me? spoken on what? You mean to say that this quote comment I made from cerial442

Originally Posted by cerial442
My guess is, those are the legit copies for the three movies put in a custom case with the soundtrack CD and charging over 100 for it.

Looks like that...

is a reference to your actions? Hello??? Mr Delusional, if you are resourceful enough please see the timeline of my comments about this alleged 6disc set in this thread:

Post#9
05-08-07, 06:18 AM

I cant recall any "R1 - 6disc collection limited edition" ? What the UPC? and was it a store exclusive?

It looks like an Amazon's seller stunt no official release yet on that one.

And it looks like you were the one who has spoken, after I stated it, you responded with this post:

Post#11
05-08-07, 08:02 AM

Sounds like you people have some searching to do! YES it does exist!

Hmm was it because you feel personally inferior to the xage, and the best way you could get back at me is proving me wrong? Well, you are right (Yes, you are indeed right in your own delusional world).

Bottomline: Wake Up

Giggles 05-18-07 03:13 AM

Hi Giggles, the answer is NO there were NO LEGITIMATE 6 Disc Set released. (Please refer to my Post#9, dated 05-08-07, 06:18 AM )
If this response is not satisfactory, please do call Lions Gate Entertainment at this number : (310) 449-9200 they too, will tell you that the said set is NOT AN OFFICIAL release.

And please if you could edit your initial list at the beginning of this thread and removed this alleged 6disc set as it might raise "FALSE" information to others.

Thanks Xage, I excluded the trilogy from the list. Well I'm even a bit relieved since I'll have to spend $100 less for this whole thing :)

Wildo1966 05-18-07 07:40 AM

Since the MASTER has spoken his gospel you have no need for any information I would have provided, I am done with this thread........

Trevor 05-18-07 07:56 AM

Wildo, I think you need to relax a bit. I don't think that anyone stepped out of line until your post #51.
And even if you're totally right and someone else is not, why let it bother you? And why not share the information with the rest of us? You've been helpful, and I'm sure that many of us would like more details on the package you receive from that amazon seller. Please continue to help us all out, and don't let one non-slight bother you.

Giggles, do you need any more details on the Saw bonus disc inside of The Punisher?

Wildo1966 05-18-07 08:10 AM

I think I have been damn helpful, especially since I was the only one who had the guts to take a chance and buy the set that everyone was curious about. I just don't need someone telling me what I bought was not legit when they have no idea what the set it. I spoke directly with Amazon and also the seller, there is no indication at all that this set is not legit, the seller has a good reputation on Amazon, Amazon verified he is a good seller with absolutely no past history of bootleg sales. My only concern at this time is that this set may not be a Region 1 release....

Giggles 05-18-07 05:17 PM

Of course you were helpful, and we all give you credit for that. It's just that we're trying to find out the truth here. And everyone has his own opinion on it. Now whom should we believe - Amazon or Lions Gate? I guess LG. I doubt Amazon is checking every other item that's on sale from individual sellers. The seller can be confirmed trustworthy, but still we don't know... till we get the item (pardon - till you get it :)). I've seen ebay online stores being shut down by the site admins for not fulfilling their obligations although they had thousands of positive feedback votes and percentage of those votes of about 98-99%. So we never know what is out there.
Not a R1 release? Well, I haven't heard of any other country's 6-disc box either. Maybe it's still some unauthorized release?
Hope you're still with us :)

Originally Posted by Trevor
Giggles, do you need any more details on the Saw bonus disc inside of The Punisher?

Yes, Trevor, please... Is it some kind of promo disc?

xage 05-19-07 11:55 AM

05-18-07 05:40 AM

Since the MASTER has spoken his gospel you have no need for any information I would have provided, I am done with this thread........

I thought your done with this thread? Hmmm after 30mins here you are again responding and not true to your words ( Now aint that a credibility?)

05-18-07 06:10 AM

I think I have been damn helpful, especially since I was the only one who had the guts to take a chance and buy the set that everyone was curious about. I just don't need someone telling me what I bought was not legit when they have no idea what the set it. I spoke directly with Amazon and also the seller, there is no indication at all that this set is not legit, the seller has a good reputation on Amazon, Amazon verified he is a good seller with absolutely no past history of bootleg sales. My only concern at this time is that this set may not be a Region 1 release....

No one is telling you about what you bought.. Its just all in your mind

And if you think you are that damn helpful, I guess you were.. That damn helpful to the authorities in cracking down consumers who condone piracy.

xage 05-19-07 12:23 PM

First of all, thanks Giggles for bringing up the SAW "Decadence".

I would like to thank Lions Gate for their assistance in reaching out Christalfilms.

And most especially to Christal films with their kindness handing me out a courtesy copy of their official "SAW Decadence DVDs" (Thank You Very Much!)

First hand look to the Region1 SAW Decadence (parts 1,2,3)
The French Canadian releases...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../decadence.jpg

So far my SAW Region 1 Collection

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e00/SAW_v3.jpg

Giggles 05-19-07 01:48 PM

First of all, thanks Giggles for bringing up the SAW "Decadence".

I would like to thank Lions Gate for their assistance in reaching out Christalfilms.

And most especially to Christal films with their kindness handing me out a courtesy copy of their official "SAW Decadence DVDs" (Thank You Very Much!)

Awesome, Xage!
Courtesy copy? You mean... Free? At least that's what my dictionary says about courtesy copy :)

xage 05-19-07 03:42 PM

Awesome, Xage!
Courtesy copy? You mean... Free? At least that's what my dictionary says about courtesy copy :)

Thanks dude

Yeah, it was free gift from Christal Films home entertainment.

overider 05-20-07 12:50 AM

Singapore R3 Saw

YGM :)

HI Giggles, just send you an email ... here are how the Singapore R3 version of Saw I and Saw II look like ... it's only slightly different from the US versions ... not sure if you want to collect them too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...orsale/saw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/pl000526.jpg

No Saw III yet : (

xage 05-20-07 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Forgive me if this was mentioned already OP, but don't forget that there was a Best Buy exclusive Saw preview disc inside of The Punisher.

I Concur.. This was released back in Sept 2004.

Trevor 05-20-07 11:52 AM

Yes, Trevor, please... Is it some kind of promo disc?

Giggles, here's a quick primer on "bonus exclusive discs", as maybe they are not done in Moscow, forgive me if this is old news for you.

Many retailers contract with a DVD studio to have exclusive content for particular DVDs. This content is sometimes on a 2nd (or 3rd/4th/etc) DVD, sometimes on a CD or CD-Rom or DVD-Rom, and sometimes mastered onto the title disc itself. The content ranges from trailers, to games, to interviews, to featurettes. This bonuses are usually very limited, usually limited to 10 or so per store.

There have been several exclusives for the Saw titles, see my thread for more info, Definitive Bonus Disc Thread .

Sometimes, four different retailers will have bonus content for one release, which is why friends of mine get gifts of unused DVDs with the bonus disc removed.

The Saw preview disc I mentioned earlier came inside the first release of The Punisher, and was available in limited supply at Best Buy. It came out quite awhile ago, as Xage mentioned, so would likely be difficult to find today.

xage 05-20-07 04:12 PM

I totally agree with you Trevor, the said set is hard to find now-a-days. Thanks to you, I dug up some of my DVDs and found that I have a copy of it (Im also a sucker to Store Exclusives)

Anyways here are two photo samples of the set:

Inside Shot of the Punisher w/ SAW Preview Disc
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...SAW_Prev02.jpg

Actual Screen Capture of the SAW Preview Disc
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...SAW_Prev01.jpg

Trevor 05-20-07 04:38 PM

Thanks Xage, I was afraid that I was going to have to take shots for Giggles with my mediocre camera phone.

Giggles 05-21-07 03:21 AM

Thanks for the info guys! It was very useful.

Yeah, it was free gift from Christal Films home entertainment.

Would you teach me how to get free gifts from Christal Films? And maybe from Anchor Bay :) Seriously - how?

xage 05-21-07 09:33 PM

Thanks for the info guys! It was very useful.
Would you teach me how to get free gifts from Christal Films? And maybe from Anchor Bay :) Seriously - how?

Hehehe, no free from anchorbay for me.

As far as Christal films goes... I called/emailed Lions Gate first then with some persuation.. got me hooked up with Christal films.. I explained to them some detail reason on how I from US be able to obtain a copy and after some exchange of storytelling from the CS rep I spoke with.. it ended me being give not one, not two but the three SAW decadence copy.

Giggles 05-22-07 03:22 AM

Hehehe, no free from anchorbay for me.

As far as Christal films goes... I called/emailed Lions Gate first then with some persuation.. got me hooked up with Christal films.. I explained to them some detail reason on how I from US be able to obtain a copy and after some exchange of storytelling from the CS rep I spoke with.. it ended me being give not one, not two but the three SAW decadence copy.

:clap:

Wildo1966 05-25-07 01:25 PM

Hello All...today I received the Saw Trilogy 7 disk set (5 dvds and 2 cd's). Although the dvd's and cd's are all legit official releases the set itself comes in a homemade case. They included all the artwork/inserts and even the Saw comic book. The seller did give me a $20 refund for the delay, but in all honesty the set is not worth $80. I have asked the seller for a full refund or another partial refund. I would take pictures to show but it is not worth it. If someone who does not own any of the dvds this set would be pretty good. Even the Saw and Saw soundtrack cd's are pretty cool but not for me...

MasterofDVD 05-25-07 01:34 PM

Hello All...today I received the Saw Trilogy 7 disk set (5 dvds and 2 cd's). Although the dvd's and cd's are all legit official releases the set itself comes in a homemade case. They included all the artwork/inserts and even the Saw comic book. The seller did give me a $20 refund for the delay, but in all honesty the set is not worth $80. I have asked the seller for a full refund or another partial refund. I would take pictures to show but it is not worth it. If someone who does not own any of the dvds this set would be pretty good. Even the Saw and Saw soundtrack cd's are pretty cool but not for me...

A pieced together Saw set huh? I guess the seller's good name is about to get tarnished a bit.

Wildo1966 05-25-07 05:33 PM

Quite update....I just accepted a $30 refund for the set making the final cost for the set $50. $50 I can live with, especially since I don't have the 2 soundtrack cd's. All the Unrated movies and cd's in a clear multi-disk keepcase in a nice set...The seller insists nothing was done illegally and I have to agree. The distributor he got the set from just took all the seperate sets and housed them together. Like I said every item in the set was 100% authentic....

xage 05-27-07 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
If you really wanted to go nuts you could also pick up the Hollywood Video/Blockbuster versions of the three movies as they ditch the clear plastic packaging for standard paper packaging.

Here is the photo of the said version.

From my research, it seems that all releases were in Widescreen Format:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...SAW_rental.jpg

DeputyDave 05-27-07 09:52 AM

From my research, it seems that all releases were in Widescreen Format

Giggles, speaking of which, will you be collecting any or all full screen versions of Saw? I'm not sure if you encountered that problem with TCM.