Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

All SAW editions

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

All SAW editions

Old 09-29-09, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: All SAW editions

I saw it as well. Jigsaw's in the middle with skinned face. All 5 saw titles surround him in a circle
Old 09-30-09, 06:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Yes, I rarely ever post over on the DVD side but I figured I would check out this thread. Why can't we have a little fun?
Ohh thank god. Hahaha! I was in disbelief for second there. LOL!
Old 09-30-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn it. Now I have to go see it for myself. I'll take a picture, if I find one.
Old 09-30-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Wal-Mart had a new set with all of the first five films with a skinned face of Jigsaw on the front. I don't have the pic or I would post it.

I saw This set too last night. It is $20.00 bucks and the films are in their uncut versions! Might pick it up though I've only seen the first 3 films
Old 10-02-09, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 742 Likes on 546 Posts

Yeah, saw the SAW I-II-III-IV-V set at Wal-Mart, too. It's definitely real, all five movies in a standard-sized keepcase. Though the coverart looks more like Hellraiser than Saw.
Old 10-02-09, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Yeah, saw the SAW I-II-III-IV-V set at Wal-Mart, too. It's definitely real, all five movies in a standard-sized keepcase. Though the coverart looks more like Hellraiser than Saw.
Yup, I saw this as well - and just a note to those looking for it, at the Wal Mart I went to it was NOT on the Halloween endcap, it was in the New Releases section.
Old 10-02-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

FYI, I looked at this set, and suspiciously, there is no mention of aspect ratio anywhere on the case. The Wal-Mart shelf tag, in addition, says "Saw 1-5 FF", and if this is a Wal-Mart exclusive like the other Saw set, I'd be really wary that this is an all Fullscreen box set.
Old 10-02-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post
FYI, I looked at this set, and suspiciously, there is no mention of aspect ratio anywhere on the case. The Wal-Mart shelf tag, in addition, says "Saw 1-5 FF", and if this is a Wal-Mart exclusive like the other Saw set, I'd be really wary that this is an all Fullscreen box set.
Has Liongate ever released the uncut versions in Fullscreen? If not, which I don't think they did, then I'm sure these are the widescreen versions. Lionsgate is not going to spend the money to press Fullscreen versions that didn't exist to begin with just for this set.
Old 10-02-09, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
Has Liongate ever released the uncut versions in Fullscreen? If not, which I don't think they did, then I'm sure these are the widescreen versions. Lionsgate is not going to spend the money to press Fullscreen versions that didn't exist to begin with just for this set.
Saw and Saw II weren't uncut/unrated until they got special editions, so for those two the answer is no, but Saw III was unrated in both the single-disc and special editions (although if this set has the "Director's Cut" then there was no previous FS edition), and Saw IV and Saw V only got one DVD, in WS and FS versions.

Last edited by tylergfoster; 10-02-09 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-02-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw and Saw II weren't uncut/unrated until they got special editions, so for those two the answer is no, but Saw III was unrated in both the single-disc and special editions (although if this set has the "Director's Cut" then there was no previous FS edition), and Saw IV and Saw V only got one DVD, in WS and FS versions.
I, II, and V were only made available in Widescreen in their Unrated editions.

III was released as both full screen and widescreen in it's Unrated form, but the Director's Cut (released prior to the theatrical release of IV) was widescreen only.

IV was released as both full screen and widescreen in it's Unrated form.
Old 10-02-09, 08:09 PM

Confirmed widescreen in this thread. See post #17.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...lmart-b-m.html
Old 10-03-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Indeed correct, all movies are either unrated/director's cut "widescreen" editions of the previous releases.

Interesting to see that this is is sold exclusively at Walmart.

Last edited by xage; 10-03-09 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-03-09, 08:46 PM

I'm really glad this was released. Love the artwork.
Old 10-03-09, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by xage View Post
Indeed correct, all movies are either unrated/director's cut "widescreen" editions of the previous releases.

Interesting to see that this is is sold exclusively at Walmart.
I went to my local Walmart today and they did not have it I asked one the workers there and he gave me this strange look. So I'm guessing they have not got them in yet.

Xage, I notice your in California. What Walmart did you find it at??
Old 10-04-09, 12:23 AM

a/v Junkie sent you pm

Originally Posted by dead_rsng53 View Post
I'm really glad this was released. Love the artwork.
I agree! the artwork was so superb - perfectly fit to subdivide the SAW titles into 5 sections

Last edited by xage; 10-04-09 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-04-09, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by xage View Post
I agree! the artwork was so superb - perfectly fit to subdivide the SAW titles into 5 sections
Yeah, whoever designed this set did a great job. I was also a little suprised that it's a Wal-Mart exclusive AND widescreen, usually their stuff is full screen.

Also, anyone else notice that the "SAW 3" disc is the 113 minute unrated cut, not the 121 minute director's cut as listed on the box?

Last edited by dead_rsng53; 10-04-09 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-04-09, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie View Post
I went to my local Walmart today and they did not have it I asked one the workers there and he gave me this strange look. So I'm guessing they have not got them in yet.

Xage, I notice your in California. What Walmart did you find it at??
Don't get discouraged. I know someone who is a manager at a Walmart, and he told me that this DVD set isn't supposed to be displayed until 10/5/09, so some stores just may not have it out yet.
Old 10-04-09, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
Don't get discouraged. I know someone who is a manager at a Walmart, and he told me that this DVD set isn't supposed to be displayed until 10/5/09, so some stores just may not have it out yet.
OK. Thanks for the info Liontamer. I'll go back on Tuesday. I have three other Walmarts close by to check out.
Old 10-04-09, 02:13 PM

So I guess there's not gonna be a "2-disc Special Edition" of Saw 5?? I really don't understand why they stopped that tradition...
Old 10-04-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dead_rsng53 View Post
So I guess there's not gonna be a "2-disc Special Edition" of Saw 5?? I really don't understand why they stopped that tradition...
There wasnt one for 4 or 5. Probably since it was already the unrated cut there was no need plus it cuts down on production costs fo rthem. I liked having both but there was no need for having two releases for each film.
Old 10-04-09, 06:31 PM

I bought this set and have no regrets about doing so, but as dead_rsng53 pointed out Saw 3 is the uncut version and not the director's cut. Months ago I asked which was the best version of Saw 3 and I was told the uncut version because the director's cut version creates continuity problems with Saw 4. Should I still care about the director's cut version or be content with the Wal Mart set?
Old 10-04-09, 06:47 PM

You should wait for the inevitable set with all six parts.
Old 10-04-09, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg View Post
I bought this set and have no regrets about doing so, but as dead_rsng53 pointed out Saw 3 is the uncut version and not the director's cut. Months ago I asked which was the best version of Saw 3 and I was told the uncut version because the director's cut version creates continuity problems with Saw 4. Should I still care about the director's cut version or be content with the Wal Mart set?
When I think of the definitive Saw 3, I think of the regular unrated version because, as you said, there are some continuity problems at the end. Also, I like how the unrated ends with a bloody bang while the director's cut kind of slowed down a little before it ends. That's just my personal opinion, but I am also a collector, so I have every version

Last edited by dead_rsng53; 10-04-09 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-05-09, 10:06 AM

Did the Saw set (1-5) come in a eco case??
Old 10-05-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie View Post
Did the Saw set (1-5) come in a eco case??
It comes in a fairly new kind of single-width case that can old up to 6 DVDs (which they've primarily been using to repackage TV shows), which is not yet available in any sort of "Eco" design.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.