DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Post pics of your DVD collection and HT, Part 11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/498811-post-pics-your-dvd-collection-ht-part-11-a.html)

cfloyd3 04-26-07 12:41 PM

testpattern, thank you for pointing out the newer model.

To further discuss this the Optoma bulb replacement runs upwards of $400 while the MovieMate's is $150-200. This alone probably puts the MovieMate option above it because the bulbs only last around 2000 hours. This may seem like a lot but that adds up quick. Especially for an avid watcher like myself.

Mr. Cinema 04-26-07 12:52 PM

buzzkiller,

wow......just....wow

BUZZKILLER 04-26-07 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
buzzkiller,

wow......just....wow

: )
added a few more today..
so the pics are already out of date and i just took them last night..

The Eliminator 04-26-07 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by BUZZKILLER
: )
added a few more today..
so the pics are already out of date and i just took them last night..

Did you make those shelves yourself? They look terrific!

BUZZKILLER 04-26-07 01:31 PM

yeah.. had a spare wall in my office..

squidget 04-26-07 04:24 PM

Buzzkiller, what are the green sideways cases for?
btw, your collection is awesome.

BUZZKILLER 04-26-07 04:38 PM

they're either loaned out, or stuff thats on its way.

(I usually wait til i got about 20-30 new ones before i work them into the shelves alphabetically.. and when i do that, i leave room for any outstanding dvds that are on their way..)

marcellusk 04-26-07 10:20 PM

how do you post pics?

DeputyDave 04-27-07 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by marcellusk
how do you post pics?

All of your questions answered here.
It's a pretty dumb question (See my post about the 4th one down).

jeffkjoe 04-28-07 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
jeffkjoe,

Any chance we can get a few high res shots of the movie mate in action? I'm curious to see how it looks in a higher resolution. The small stills look great.

Hey Nitro:

Here are several new shots of the Epson MovieMate in action in higher res.

Here's a close-up of the front of the unit, showing the inputs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...kjoe/epson.jpg

Here's the top of the unit, showing the image dials (adjusting the image top/down, left/right and focus) and the DVD controls:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/jeffkjoe/top.jpg

And here's:

Star Wars :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/starwars.jpg

and

The Empire Strikes Back :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...joe/empire.jpg

zoom1200 04-28-07 12:49 AM

Damn that looks pretty good I have been thinking of picking up one of those movie mates.

Mao 04-28-07 02:12 AM

What sound options have you experimented with? Have you run speakers directly to the RCA inputs and gotten decent results?

So, you can run an optical cable to your audio system and presto?

I'm more intrigued each time I open this thread?

DeputyDave 04-28-07 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mao

Damn, me too. I am very tempted. I think if i had some dedicated space for it in my apt. I would have already ordered one. I still might :)

jeffkjoe 04-28-07 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
What sound options have you experimented with? Have you run speakers directly to the RCA inputs and gotten decent results?

So, you can run an optical cable to your audio system and presto?

Hey Mao:

I've only experimented with the subwoofer that's included with the projector so far, and that sounds pretty damn good.

I haven't had a chance to hook up any external audio equipment to this yet, but yes, based on the ouputs, I believe you can just run an optical cable to your audio system.

starseed1981 04-28-07 12:14 PM

I'm tempted too....is there a version with HDMI or component cables?

rod319 04-28-07 12:25 PM

Why not look at the Infocus72? It is 480p and has component inputs - HDTV looks great on it.

I purchased mine from a well-known internet retailer and only paid $450 after rebate. I see more value in it than a dvd-player/projector combo.

Of course, I have mine mounted, but when I first got an Infocus4805 I used it on the tabletop (for about 1 week).

Just my opinion.

Rodney

rod319 04-28-07 12:26 PM

Oh, and the In72 has HDMI as well as component.

Rodney

paulringodaman 04-28-07 12:47 PM

nice picture

Mao 04-28-07 01:24 PM

I'm looking for a mounted projector in the near future, but I'm most interested in something that's affordable that I can take anywhere...

I'm thinking "backyard theater" here! :D

jeffkjoe 04-28-07 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by rod319
Why not look at the Infocus72? It is 480p and has component inputs - HDTV looks great on it.

I purchased mine from a well-known internet retailer and only paid $450 after rebate. I see more value in it than a dvd-player/projector combo.

Of course, I have mine mounted, but when I first got an Infocus4805 I used it on the tabletop (for about 1 week).

Just my opinion.

Rodney

I didn't want to mount a projector on the wall or the ceiling because of space limitations. In other words, I didn't want to permanently set-up a projector in a room (like the living room) that serves other functions as well.

Plus, I wanted to be able to take the projector and screen anywhere - the living room, the playroom, the backyard, etc.

DVD Polizei 04-28-07 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
I'm looking for a mounted projector in the near future, but I'm most interested in something that's affordable that I can take anywhere...

I'm thinking "backyard theater" here! :D

Very good idea. :up:

Project the movie on the side of your neighbor's house. :lol:

Mao 04-28-07 06:44 PM

Hmmm...

That Optoma is $699 at Circuit City and Optoma has an Free screen, Subwoofer and $100 rebate until Monday!

I'm thinking about this one very seriously....

jeffkjoe 04-28-07 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mao
Hmmm...

That Optoma is $699 at Circuit City and Optoma has an Free screen, Subwoofer and $100 rebate until Monday!

I'm thinking about this one very seriously....

Wow. With the subwoofer AND screen, all for 600 bucks? That's a damn good deal.

A-aron 04-28-07 06:58 PM

about the Optoma .. what does this mean?

Low-odor: The O2air™ photocatalysis air-purification technology creates a photocatalytic reaction to eliminate odors.

do these projectors stink up the place?

Mao 04-28-07 10:02 PM

Had to pick one up and I'll try it out in a bit.

Circuit City had it on the shelf for $599 (though their website says you pay $699 and then get the rebate)...I took the 4 year protection plan (which gets your first bulb replaced as part of the deal!) for $125.

Out the door for $778, with the rebate stuff ($100, screen and subwoofer) will bring this in at $678! (By the way, the CC rebate form says it lasts until 6/30, not 4/30)

Fingers crossed!