DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   When, when, WHEN??!? Where are these movies??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/497935-when-when-when-where-these-movies.html)

NoirFan 09-10-09 04:40 PM

Re: When, when, WHEN??!? Where are these movies???

Originally Posted by Kerborus (Post 9699848)
Can we close the thread since it only breeds trolling?

The only troll in this thread is you.

hindolio 09-10-09 10:30 PM

okay ill do it...

die! thread, die!

:D

Kerborus 09-11-09 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9700375)
The only troll in this thread is you.

What? I started the damn thread. My question was simple: when are these movies coming out on R1? What a fricking crime.

NoirFan 09-11-09 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kerborus (Post 9701903)
What? I started the damn thread.

I know. Strange, isn't it?

Kerborus 09-11-09 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 9702950)
I know. Strange, isn't it?

Nice threadcrap. Got anything useful to add?

slop101 09-11-09 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kerborus (Post 9703097)

You mean besides suggestions on how to get the DVDs of the movies you're looking for now, instead of waiting for them even though they may never come? No, we got nuthin'...

toddly6666 09-11-09 11:14 PM

Are there any other movies released on DVD that we have all been dying to see, buy them, and then store them instead of watching them? ;)

jjcool 09-13-09 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kerborus (Post 9703097)

Don't feed the trolls.

I for one dont think you are asking too much for a R1 release of some pretty bug titles. I, like you, dont really want to be bothered with a region free player, then hunting down the best version, then making sure it is PAL or NTSC etc.
There is no reason that some of those titles shouldnt be on R1 dvd.

Ash Ketchum 09-13-09 02:17 PM

On Friday, I looked up a movie on IMDB and saw that no one had ever posted a review of it. It's a movie that's never come out on VHS or DVD and hasn't been on TV since a local TV station ran it 23 years ago, before a lot of you were born. I taped it on my VCR back then, so I dug out the tape and played it. After some digital tracking it played just fine. Not the best print, not the best quality broadcast. A VHS pre-record from Universal would have been preferable. A DVD even better. It's the type of film that has a niche audience, but would generate no interest beyond that, so I can understand Universal not wanting to go to the trouble, even though it's part of a film series that they could have made a nice six-film box set out of. And, with any luck, may yet do so, and I'd be happy to purchase it if they do.

But still, the point is...I have the film and I was able to see it. And I wrote a review and posted it to IMDB. So now others can learn something about this nearly forgotten but quite enjoyable Technicolor costume adventure. (And I'm not telling you what it is.)

Kerborus 09-13-09 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 9703227)
You mean besides suggestions on how to get the DVDs of the movies you're looking for now, instead of waiting for them even though they may never come? No, we got nuthin'...

Ok, I got it. I heard the suggestion and said I wasn't interested for the reasons I listed. The end.

jjcool 09-15-09 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 9705785)
On Friday, I looked up a movie on IMDB and saw that no one had ever posted a review of it. It's a movie that's never come out on VHS or DVD and hasn't been on TV since a local TV station ran it 23 years ago, before a lot of you were born. I taped it on my VCR back then, so I dug out the tape and played it. After some digital tracking it played just fine. Not the best print, not the best quality broadcast. A VHS pre-record from Universal would have been preferable. A DVD even better. It's the type of film that has a niche audience, but would generate no interest beyond that, so I can understand Universal not wanting to go to the trouble, even though it's part of a film series that they could have made a nice six-film box set out of. And, with any luck, may yet do so, and I'd be happy to purchase it if they do.

But still, the point is...I have the film and I was able to see it. And I wrote a review and posted it to IMDB. So now others can learn something about this nearly forgotten but quite enjoyable Technicolor costume adventure. (And I'm not telling you what it is.)

So, would you want it available on dvd?