Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The last emperor(Bertolucci) coming from Image/Criterion!!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The last emperor(Bertolucci) coming from Image/Criterion!!

Old 02-28-08, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBoyd
I can't believe they arent calling for blood on the Criterion forums. They seem fairly accepting of the disc.
What Criterion Forum are you reading, because .org certainly isn't accepting
Old 02-28-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeah it's not that one. I forgot about .org. The one I saw yesterday is the one that has the forums for individual spine numbers (200-299 etc). I will have to look up later at home for the link. I havent been criterionforum.org for a while. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-28-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Neil M.
They should be accepting this release. Criterion is only doing what the filmmakers asked.
I agree.
Old 02-28-08, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Oh yeah it's not that one. I forgot about .org. The one I saw yesterday is the one that has the forums for individual spine numbers (200-299 etc). I will have to look up later at home for the link. I havent been criterionforum.org for a while. Thanks for the reminder!
That explains it. the .com forum is run by teenagers who collect the DVDs like baseball cards, .org is where the actual film-lovers post.
Old 02-28-08, 12:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
as I understand it .org has all the film snobs, and if you don't post on a continual basis, they can deactivate your membership.
Old 02-28-08, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
as I understand it .org has all the film snobs, and if you don't post on a continual basis, they can deactivate your membership.
.org is where actual published film scholars, educators, and DVD labelheads post, and I've never heard of anyone being de-activated. If you want to post with kids who make threads like "Best CC to Smoke and Watch" and enjoy obnoxious photo signatures and lists of what DVDs each poster owns beneath every posts, by all means, read .com.
Old 04-16-09, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The last emperor(Bertolucci) coming from Image/Criterion!!

Target now has two Criterions on their shelves. First is The Last Emperor for $20. It's the first disc from the 4-disc set with spine #422 in a clear keepcase. Second is Brazil for $20. It's the first disc from the 3-disc set with spine #51 also in a clear keepcase.

Last edited by darkhawk; 04-16-09 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-16-09, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Target now has two Criterions on their shelves. First is The Last Emperor for $20. It's the first disc from the 4-disc set with spine #422 in a clear keepcase. Second is Brazil for $20. It's the first disc from the 3-disc set with spine #51 also in a clear keepcase.
If the Brazil is the anamorphic reissue, I might grab that to clean up my set. Had a chance to pick up Last Emperor used and still passed. I'll grab it when they finally decide to stitch the sides of the picture back on.
Old 04-16-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mdnitoil
If the Brazil is the anamorphic reissue, I might grab that to clean up my set. Had a chance to pick up Last Emperor used and still passed. I'll grab it when they finally decide to stitch the sides of the picture back on.
The one disc version of Brazil is anamorphic.