Reload this Page >

Ghost Rider --> June 12th!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ghost Rider --> June 12th!

Old 06-12-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
HA!

I just got back from Circuit City. They mispriced all the 3-Disc versions in the GR display for $19.99. Yeah, it's only a couple of bucks off but whatever! I snagged one before the manager walked over and took them all off the shelf for re-pricing.
Old 06-12-07, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so is the bonus 3rd disc any good?
Old 06-12-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HMV Canada's extended version with a bonus is pretty crappy. Just a bandana included inside the keepcase.

Anyone can confirm what is on the Wal-Mart (Canada) bonus disc (with the extended edition)?
Old 06-12-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Got the Target Exclusive, has an different foil cover from the regular 2 disk set, also comes with a bonus production notes booklet...It's decent...
Sounds like I will be heading out to Target later today..... Thanks for the heads up. The CC is really far from me. I may just order that version too.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-12-07 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-12-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the CC box that I picked up. Different artwork on the outter box with the two disc w/ foil slipcase and bonus disc in a slimpak inside.
Old 06-12-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone please sound off on whether the Wal-Mart or CC bonus disc is better! And pics of the packaging would be nice. I mean, I suppose it doesn't matter, I could get the Wal-Mart one and at least I would get a different edition of the DVD, but still.
Old 06-12-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-12-07, 05:54 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Walmart was only selling the bonus disc with the one disc version only. I was also shocked to see a display for the BR version.
Old 06-12-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I honestly believe that the Best Buy visual book is the best of all the GR exclusives. What good are most of these extra 15 to 20 minute featurettes that most of us would only watch once at the most. The GR book is more like a hardbook encyclopedia that covers his entire history to the present time. This rings up for 39.99 by itself when the cashier rang it up before he hit the promo code.
Old 06-12-07, 08:56 PM

what does the circuit city bonus disc contain?
Old 06-12-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
what does the circuit city bonus disc contain?
- Art in Miniature: Sideshow Ghost Rider Collectibles
- Comic-Con 2005 - Be a fly on the wall for Comic-Con's Q&A session with the cast and filmmakers (Eva Mendes, Mark Steven Johnson, Avi Arad)
- Comic-Con 2006 - Get an inside look at the Comic-Con Q&A sesstion with the cast and filmmakers (Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Mark Steven Johnson, Avi Arad, Michael De Luca)
Old 06-12-07, 10:09 PM

Can anybody point to me the scene difference between the theater cut of the movie and the extended cut??

Maybe it was due to the fact that I saw a 'preview' of the movie... but my wife and I did not see a single scene in the extended cut that was not in the version we saw at the theater??.. And I feel a little bit ripped off as I was expecting to see "15 Minutes" worth of added movie... Or was there a production error?????
Old 06-12-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Target Exclusive is pretty fair.. I like the Bestbuy Book (Tip.. no need to pay $39.99 or buy a Ghostrider DVD , just try to persuade the cashier and she/he will help you put the promo code manually. works on my end)

Old 06-12-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, the visual guide looks neat.
Old 06-13-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I probably won't spring for any of the bonuses. I got it from Columbia House. The only thing that annoys me is that it didn't come with the slipcover.
Old 06-13-07, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
I honestly believe that the Best Buy visual book is the best of all the GR exclusives.
Though, it's not really exclusive. There's a giant-sized version of it that's been out for a few months now, available in most book and comic book stores. Sure, for the factor of it being free, that's cool and all, but as something you can only get at one store? Not so good.
Old 06-13-07, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the 2 disc Extended edition at future shop for $26.99. Wal-Mart didn't even have them on the god damn shelve's yet & there were quite a few unhappy people and one really angry guy (Who wasn't me) telling the punk teenager that if he didn't start putting them out rite now he was going to get him fired.
I kind of agreed with the guy exept he was being just a hint on the aggressive side to the point were you kinda felt like he was going to rip the kids head off if he wasn't going to get his Ghost Rider DVD.
Old 06-13-07, 08:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I opted for the book at Best Buy because I wasn't really expecting that I'd want any of the bonus DVD stuff since the comic book documentary was the only think I was really looking forward to.

The book is terribly cute being shrunk down and all. But it's the entire full-size book, only tiny. The ironic thing is that while most books suffer from being shrunk down, all of the artwork in this was pretty much blown up way larger than the comicbooks in the full-size version, so when shrunk down looks better in most cases, because it's now the size that it originally appeared as...

As a side note, I didn't see the movie in the theatre, and watched it for the first time on DVD last night, and I cannot imagine a single thing they could have done to make it a worse movie.
Old 06-13-07, 11:12 AM

I would concur in questioning the intelligence of consumers who purchase the dvd of a film with a 29% rating on rottentomatoes. I also doubt the sanity of those who would care to view this so called "film" a second time. I mean do you also enjoy Fantastic Four, The Punisher, and what ever other crap hollywood pumps out? Which isn't to say I don't enjoy a shlocky movie, just that I would never purchase something which is filth. And I don't know, the taste of someone would quibble with say: Edward Scissorhands, The Lives of Others, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pan's Labyrinth, Dr. Stangelove, Casablanca or something in that vein is pretty suspect. Don't mind my rant; I just get annoyed when consumer dollars flow toward tripe, so yet more can be pumped out next fiscal year.
Old 06-13-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by craig134
I would concur in questioning the intelligence of consumers who purchase the dvd of a film with a 29% rating on rottentomatoes. I also doubt the sanity of those who would care to view this so called "film" a second time. I mean do you also enjoy Fantastic Four, The Punisher, and what ever other crap hollywood pumps out? Which isn't to say I don't enjoy a shlocky movie, just that I would never purchase something which is filth. And I don't know, the taste of someone would quibble with say: Edward Scissorhands, The Lives of Others, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pan's Labyrinth, Dr. Stangelove, Casablanca or something in that vein is pretty suspect. Don't mind my rant; I just get annoyed when consumer dollars flow toward tripe, so yet more can be pumped out next fiscal year.
Yet, you took the time to post in a thread that is to the DVD itself. There's a Movie Talk forum where discussion about the MOVIE's quality (or lack of) is done. I know you're new but please read the forum rules regarding threadcraps.

Back on topic, I have not seen the movie but have thought about picking it up... the Best Buy book looks cool, even though I'm a sucker for extra content via exclusive discs. From what I've read here, the other discs don't seem all that great.
Old 06-13-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

craig134, quit your threadcrapping. you're posting in multiple threads about how you hate this movie. nobody cares.
Old 06-13-07, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the pictures xage! I better get over to Best Buy right away.

I need that Circuit City edition too. I wish I had one of those stores closer. Pfft.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-13-07 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 12:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by DEC29111
Can anybody point to me the scene difference between the theater cut of the movie and the extended cut??

Maybe it was due to the fact that I saw a 'preview' of the movie... but my wife and I did not see a single scene in the extended cut that was not in the version we saw at the theater??.. And I feel a little bit ripped off as I was expecting to see "15 Minutes" worth of added movie... Or was there a production error?????
I recommend you watch the commentary with Mark Steven Johnson as he points out the extended scenes. I can tell you there is extended scenes with Johnny and his father, an alternate scene between Blackheart and Mephistopheles (takes place outside the bar in extended, street in theatrical) and other stuff. One scene I can tell you that's not in the theatrical, at all is the scene between blackheart and the caretaker.

Still, listen to the commentary for more info on the extended scenes.
Old 06-13-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by craig134
Yes, the movie sucks (I'm sure it does though I haven't seen it), but some people like a nice mindless popcorn flick every once in a while. I will be purchasing the 2-disc and mainly looking forward to the documentary on the history of the Ghost Rider comics, which never would have seen the light of day if not for the movie being made. Fantastic Four EE actually has a similar doc on the FF comics plus a very nice doc on Jack Kirby. Amazing stuff.

Welcome to the forums and read the topic on threadcaps before you start whining about stuff.
Old 06-13-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you don't like it, or don't think you'd like it, don't buy it! craig134, maybe you should not buy this.

I don't like vegetables, but I also won't stop you from eating them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.