DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Last Starfighter hard to find, going OOP? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/495216-last-starfighter-hard-find-going-oop.html)

Tomboymama 03-14-07 10:28 AM

The Last Starfighter hard to find, going OOP?

I ordered this on February 13, 2007, from Deepdiscount when they had their Universal 6.28 sale, but it was backordered. It is still showing backordered. It is showing available on Amazon with a 2-4 week ship time, but most other online retailers are showing it backordered or unavailable. I haven't found anything confirming it going out of print, but I am wondering if I should try to order it from somewhere while I still can and cancel the backorder. Has anyone heard anything on this title?

canaryfarmer 03-14-07 10:28 AM

Mine had been backordered from that same DDD sale as well. However, I just got a "shipping now" notice this morning.

DVD Josh 03-14-07 10:29 AM

It might be going OOP because a new SE is coming out soon.

JackBurton 03-14-07 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
It might be going OOP because a new SE is coming out soon.

Is this confirmed? I mean the SE coming out soon?

DVD Josh 03-14-07 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by JackBurton
Is this confirmed? I mean the SE coming out soon?

I read it on the board a week or so ago. Try a search. However, there's a 15% chance I was wrong and they were talking about an HD-DVD version.

JackBurton 03-14-07 12:54 PM

I read it on the board a week or so ago. Try a search. However, there's a 15% chance I was wrong and they were talking about an HD-DVD version.

Yeah, I've read of a September HD DVD release, but I've seen nothing about a SE DVD.

Trevor 03-14-07 02:09 PM

Josh, I've read your posts, and the chance of you being wrong is always more than 15%.

There is a 100% chance that I am just trying to be funny in this post.

DVD Josh 03-14-07 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Josh, I've read your posts, and the chance of you being wrong is always more than 15%.

:lol:

Furio 03-14-07 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JackBurton
Yeah, I've read of a September HD DVD release, but I've seen nothing about a SE DVD.

I doubt they have much more EPK in the vault on a cheap B movie like Last Starfighter that is going to make a great SE DVD. The current release is pretty entertaining with the interview with Lance Guest.

billz 03-14-07 11:16 PM

I received an email that my copy has been shipped. DVDPlanet had a shortage of Night of the Comet, but it has shipped also.

Tenacious D 03-15-07 06:34 AM

This is one I've always meant to pick up and haven't. I think Wal-Mart used to stock it on their $7.50 rack. I'm gonna check there next time I'm in there.

Muad'Dib 03-15-07 07:24 AM

Yes, now YMMV but my local WalMart here in Canada always has this DVD in the cheap section.