Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will we see a "Chasing Amy" 10th anniversery Criterion dvd this year?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will we see a "Chasing Amy" 10th anniversery Criterion dvd this year?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a hell of an assumption.
Old 07-31-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyway, I'm sure they will change the artwork for the tenth anniversary. I would love to see them go with the art on the cover of the booklet.

Old 07-31-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Not trying to start anything here. I'm under the assumption most Smith fans are not cinema aficionados with home theaters and the like.

That's a hell of an assumption. I may not have a big projector and cinema seats, but I have a 16x9 display, DTS, and I don't buy pan and scan. I even have a couple of silent films and other Criterions besides Chasing Amy.
Old 07-31-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
That's a hell of an assumption. I may not have a big projector and cinema seats, but I have a 16x9 display, DTS, and I don't buy pan and scan. I even have a couple of silent films and other Criterions besides Chasing Amy.
I think the point is, if you want to buy movies which look good, why are you buying Kevin Smith movies?

(And, yes, that is a joke.)

I don't know if there will be a new transfer or not -- surely somebody who posts here will be seeing him in the next few days in NJ? -- but I don't think that Criterion would want to publicly acknowledge the error in the last transfer.
Old 07-31-07, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I have a feeling that it will too. They probably don't mention it anywhere because it's not a big priority with Kevin Smith fans.
A poorly-informed assumption, Pop, but forgivable. Just because the dialogue is the star doesn't mean the picture and sound have to be neglected - the resissued Clerks remastered both and took the time to transfer from original 16mm elements, not the 35mm blowup. And that was just for the cheap-looking black and white flick. Over at the View Askew discussion board, the remastering was a highlight of the set's release.
Old 07-31-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
I think the point is, if you want to buy movies which look good, why are you buying Kevin Smith movies?

(And, yes, that is a joke.)
Joke or not, let me explain something. The other night I stumbled upon an old Rudolph Valentino silent film on cable the other night. There were several places where the film had gone to crap, but we kept watching because it was a decent film otherwise (Beyond the Rocks).

I don't buy movies just to show of my HT, I don't buy any films just to show off the sound or the picture quality.