DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Office : Season 3 coming in September (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/494017-office-season-3-coming-september.html)

dx23 03-01-07 05:07 PM

The Office : Season 3 coming in September

Thedigitalbits.com rumor mill is reporting that the third season of The Office will be released on September.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#030107

mijorico 03-01-07 05:13 PM

Isn't it kind of assumed that season sets for shows still on the air will be released right before the new season?

Don't take this as a complaint about your post. Just sayin', is all.

dpz301 03-01-07 07:18 PM

good season thus far :up:

Skoobooz 03-01-07 07:25 PM

Here's hoping for a simultaneous HD release. Also looking forward to 30 Rock, which is also coming in September (according to The Digital Bits). Granted, as has been previously stated, it was pretty much a given that this was coming, but it's still nice to have confirmation.

The No Man 03-01-07 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by dpz301
good season thus far :up:

I disagree. I'd have to say this is a GREAT season thus far. I don't know how they keep doing it, but the episodes just keep getting better and better and better. Smartest written comedy since Arrested Development.

nateman 03-01-07 09:40 PM

Isn't it kind of assumed that season sets for shows still on the air will be released right before the new season?

Don't take this as a complaint about your post. Just sayin', is all.
yea,
shows that i know will come out in september:

My Name is Earl
The Office
Las Vegas
Criminal Minds (might come in october or november)
&
NCIS (i think with season 3 coming on april 24, they will start releasing seasons every september starting with season 4).

hopefully '30 rock' will get a sept. release as well. another one that might start is scrubs with season 5 coming out in may they might release season 6 in sept & if scrubs goes for a season 7 they will release s7 in sept 08.

EdTheRipper 03-01-07 10:16 PM

Looking quite forward to this.

redrum 03-01-07 11:11 PM

will be buying this. another great season.

Skoobooz 03-02-07 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
hopefully '30 rock' will get a sept. release as well.

The Digital Bits mentioned a September release for 30 Rock in the same article.

mijorico 03-02-07 10:00 AM

I was glad to see the article listed release dates for Friday Night Lights and 30 Rock. To me, that's a good sign that they might be coming back next season. With canceled shows, they seem to take their time announcing release dates.

nateman 03-02-07 08:26 PM

I was glad to see the article listed release dates for Friday Night Lights and 30 Rock. To me, that's a good sign that they might be coming back next season. With canceled shows, they seem to take their time announcing release dates.
well it would be stupid for NBC to cancel 30 Rock for 2 reasons:
1. its a good show
2. unless george clooney gets his own show and they put it on in that timeslot nothing NBC puts on will beat CSI & Greys anatomy in the ratings.

Jack Straw 03-03-07 09:40 AM

While I assumed as well that Office-S3 release was a given, it is always good to starting hearing confirmation. I'll be all over that as well as 30Rock-S1 on release day.

FrancisRizzo3 03-03-07 06:07 PM

If they are smart, they'll start putting some of these series out in August, because if every series starts coming out in September, sales will be cannibalized.

Who the hell can afford to buy all these sets in one month?

Yavin 06-29-07 09:17 AM

Package art and specs for Season 3 of The Office are now up at DVDActive. Looks nice, but of course they had to add a banner at the bottom noting the show's emmy award winning status. It's not too bad as it isn't very intrusive. And of course Michael is wearing his bandana (can't remember if it is from his "Lazy Scranton" video or if it's "Prison Mike").

The official release date for Season 3 is September 4th, 2007.

Each of the 22 episodes will be presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include audio commentaries on selected episodes (full details in the comments section below), deleted scenes, a Dwight Schrute music video, excerpts From the 2006 NBC Primetime Preview hosted by "The Office" Cast, videos From The Office "Make Your Own Promo" contest, an excerpt from the 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, a Lazy Scranton Video, a blooper reel, and more.

DVD Josh 06-29-07 09:26 AM

Will universal release this on HD-DVD?

starseed1981 06-29-07 10:52 AM

Man, August & September are gonna kill my wallet. Stupid TV on DVD addiction.

David Lambert 07-01-07 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Will universal release this on HD-DVD?

I've heard that they have no TV-on-HD DVD plans right now other than Heroes and possibly Galactica.

DeputyDave 07-01-07 03:51 PM

I may have to break down and get all three seasons after this great last season. I've loved the show but avoided buying (and other TV series) simply because i end up watching the once and never watch it again. The Office is different, I end up watching several times in one week on DVR. Almost alaways seeing something I missed during the previous viewing's "cringe".

Rusty Nail 07-01-07 04:21 PM

Each of the 22 episodes will be presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include audio commentaries on selected episodes (full details in the comments section below), deleted scenes, a Dwight Schrute music video, excerpts From the 2006 NBC Primetime Preview hosted by "The Office" Cast, videos From The Office "Make Your Own Promo" contest, an excerpt from the 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, a Lazy Scranton Video, a blooper reel, and more.

According to tv.com season 3 had 24 episodes, I hope this is just a typo.

Dayewalker 07-01-07 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Man, August & September are gonna kill my wallet. Stupid TV on DVD addiction.

That's what I'm saying! I'm gonna have to start putting in some hellacious overtime ASAP so I can throw some extra cash in the bank. Otherwise, I don't know if I'll be able to pay rent AND buy all these TV shows.

MikeDeN2K 07-02-07 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty Nail

According to tv.com season 3 had 24 episodes, I hope this is just a typo.

Technically it did have 24 episodes. There were 22 episodes, two of which were an hour long, and counted as two episodes in the official numbering. "A Benihana Christmas" and "The Job" were both an hour long.

Jack Straw 07-02-07 02:40 PM

Duplicate thread

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=504418

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 07-02-07 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Straw

the one you linked to is the duplicate

deto 07-21-07 01:28 PM

revised cover art:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7699

The No Man 07-21-07 03:07 PM

I'm so pissed about that new cover art. Prison Mike was one of the funniest things in season 3.