DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   How many store exclusive Discs were there for Die Another Day? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/493556-how-many-store-exclusive-discs-were-there-die-another-day.html)

ScissorPuppy 02-24-07 08:31 PM

How many store exclusive Discs were there for Die Another Day?

I know that Best Buy got the bond girls are forever disc.

Wasn't there 2 or 3 more from Circut City and somewhere else?

I have the BGAF disc, Looking for the others.

Any help?

Trevor 02-25-07 06:20 AM

Did you check our definitive thread?

I know that CC had the hard to find Shaken and Stirred bonus with it.

And I think the TWEC stores had a bonus DVD with it.

too much 02-25-07 09:58 AM

CC had the "Shaken & Stirred on Ice" bonus DVD
-Shaken & Stirred on Ice Documentary
-Making of 007 Nightfire Featurette
-James Bond Special Edition DVD Catalog Trailer
-James Bond Theme (Bond vs. Oakenfold) Music Video

Best Buy had the Bond Girls are Forever disc and also had another disc, the Gadgets of James Bond disc. This was included with the reissue of the first set of Bond titles.

Walmart had a bonus CD sampler (that was in a cardboard slipcase) for The Best of Bond (1. The Man With the Golden Gun 2. James Bond Theme (Dr. No) and 3. Diamonds are Forever).

Musicland stores had the Bond Essentials Documentary 007:
.Zero to 007: The Driving Machines of Bond
.James Bond SE Catalog Trailer
.Making Nightfire Featurette

dvdhook 02-25-07 11:10 AM

I remember hearing about a James Bond bonus DVD a few years back which contained the opening sequences from all of the movies (the action sequence from each movie which occurs before the gun barrel scene and the opening credits). I looked through the list in the Bonus DVD thread and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if such a DVD exists, or if I am imagining things? I think it was around the time the Die Another Day DVD came out.

Cameron 02-25-07 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by too much
FYE had the Bond Essentials Documentary 007:
.Zero to 007: The Driving Machines of Bond
.James Bond SE Catalog Trailer
.Making Nightfire Featurette

That disc was a musicland exclusive. Suncoast, sam goody, media play.

This was back when best buy owned musicland, and i had heard some later pressings ended up having this bonus disc inside the case at best buy

too much 02-25-07 06:09 PM

Cameron,

Sorry, I got FYE and Media Play (gone) confused. I corrected the info above. The disc was shrinkwrapped (like a cardboard cd single) and available at the counter (at least at the media play I went to). You may find one on ebay.

Cameron 02-26-07 06:30 PM

no big deal. i actually have one or two extras laying around for trade.

Mike Adams 02-26-07 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
I know that Best Buy got the bond girls are forever disc.

Wasn't there 2 or 3 more from Circut City and somewhere else?

I have the BGAF disc, Looking for the others.

Any help?

I hope you didn't read that on a website, or I'm in for a sound flaming...

Anyway, I thought I should point out that I believe that the <i>Bond Girls Are Forever</i> DVD was actually offered with the DVD of <i>Tomorrow Never Dies</i>, not <i>Die Another Day</i>. Yes, it does cover up to DAD, but that movie was in <b>theaters</b> at the time, not on DVD.

I'll never claim to be 100% correct, but I remember quite well being pissed that a lone BGAF disc left sitting on the shelves at BEST BUY rang up as <i>Tomorrow Never Dies</i> and I was charged the full price of that DVD. I complained to the manager, and after he explained that the disc was only free with purchase of TND, I responded that since my receipt bore both the UPC number and price for TND, that I had in fact purchased it, and he went ahead and gave me the DVD since all I had was the supposedly-free bonus disc.

Anybody else remember this, or was there aome other reason for them to associate BGAF with TND? Like I said, I'm pretty sure DAD was still in theaters at the time.

Leechboy 02-26-07 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
I hope you didn't read that on a website, or I'm in for a sound flaming...

Anyway, I thought I should point out that I believe that the <i>Bond Girls Are Forever</i> DVD was actually offered with the DVD of <i>Tomorrow Never Dies</i>, not <i>Die Another Day</i>. Yes, it does cover up to DAD, but that movie was in <b>theaters</b> at the time, not on DVD.

I'll never claim to be 100% correct, but I remember quite well being pissed that a lone BGAF disc left sitting on the shelves at BEST BUY rang up as <i>Tomorrow Never Dies</i> and I was charged the full price of that DVD. I complained to the manager, and after he explained that the disc was only free with purchase of TND, I responded that since my receipt bore both the UPC number and price for TND, that I had in fact purchased it, and he went ahead and gave me the DVD since all I had was the supposedly-free bonus disc.

Anybody else remember this, or was there aome other reason for them to associate BGAF with TND? Like I said, I'm pretty sure DAD was still in theaters at the time.

I remember getting the Bond Girls are Forever dvd with Die Another Day back in June 2003.

Cameron 02-26-07 11:50 PM

Bond Girls are forever came out with Die Another Day. I am 100% positive on this.

Mike Adams 02-26-07 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leechboy
I remember getting the Bond Girls are Forever dvd with Die Another Day back in June 2003.

Okay, well, I didn't find the disc until long after the fact, so I guess they must have just picked a Bond film and gave the stray bonus disc the SKU number of TND. No idea why.