DVD releases (SUburbia, Slaughter High)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD releases (SUburbia, Slaughter High)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-07, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD releases (SUburbia, Slaughter High) ???

Alrite folks. Long time reader and browser, thought I would join the forum since you lot seem like a good bunch.

Ive read alot of different things about SubUrbia (1996) being released by criterion and the director Richard linklater saying various things about a DVD release and even someone claiming (key word claiming) to have seen an official DVD release with the WB logo. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything new or concrete? I think it is an absolutley cracking film and one I have worn the VHS out on, with a few empty beer cans along for the ride aswell. Although I am from England and it is about young american Suburbian life, It is still a well made film I can relate to in some aspects.

Also, I didnt want to start various threads but I am a sucker for 80's slasher movies and was wondering if anyone has heard about Slaughter High, Final Exam or Night School being released? I am assuming that Lion gate holds the rights for one or two, but I am not sure. Any info or contact information would be appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 02-23-07 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-23-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to get Suburbia, but you should put a question mark in the title because people will think you have concrete news on these.
Old 02-23-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 445 Likes on 251 Posts
Which is what I thought when I clicked on this thread.

Somone on IMDB posted that a DVD is on the way and that Marc English is designing the cover. I have no idea how accurate this info is.
Old 11-14-07, 12:07 PM

So Sept. 2007 was the talked about release date of "Suburbia".
Any news as to why it wasn't released? are they still working on it?
Old 11-14-07, 02:47 PM

I also have been on the look out for news and I can only assume that maybe they meant next September? If not, the only hope is that a site/magazine etc can get an interview with Rich and maybe he could give us an update. As long as it is still on the schedule, I can wait a little longer (Not too long though haha)