Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Behind the scene" shows confrontation amoung film crews/actors?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Behind the scene" shows confrontation amoung film crews/actors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 12:40 AM

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,128 Posts
Re: "Behind the scene" shows confrontation amoung film crews/actors?

It's hard to tell if Val Kilmer is 100% kidding or not in his commentary on Spartan because every once in a while he talks about David Mamet as if he was really frustrated with his process. Could be completely tongue-in-cheek, though.
Old 11-10-09, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I hear there was some tension behind the scenes on I Heart Huckabees, but I don't think that made the DVDs.
Yeah if you type "Lily Tomlin" into Youtube you'll get a match on those.
Old 11-10-09, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4uTGvTFzyQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4uTGvTFzyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMVILMo1Cq0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMVILMo1Cq0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The story goes that Clooney slugged David O. Russell on the set of Three Kings, so erratic behavior isn't exactly outside his wheelhouse.

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 11-10-09 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-10-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard that Christian Bale got into a minor argument with a film crew member once, but it was kept quiet so it's hard to find any evidence that it actually occurred.
Old 11-10-09, 09:03 AM
Banned

Not sure if I remember anybody harping on anyone else but the behind the scenes & commentary for "Letherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3" is hilarious. There is not one good thing to be heard. All they do is trash talk their own film. Hell, the director even asked for his name to be taken off the film (but it was too late by the time he asked).
Old 11-10-09, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Seantn
I think he is aware that the joke was on him, he just didn't care. As far he is concerned, it's attention on him. That seems to sum up Andy Dick (and i'll admit that I found his MTV show to be hilarious, so I don't hate the guy, it's just an observation)
Ahhh... Good Ol' Any Dick. As an actor I enjoy his work. I have laughed at almost everything I've seen him done. And yes his MTV show was pretty damn good. I still laugh out loud to this day when I think of his Marilyn Poppins skit. LOL! However the man himself... Not so much. I couldn't stand his reality TV show because it was him trying to be funny on his own spontaneously. There weren't talented writers giving him lines. When fed a line he does amazing well but on his own he tend to come off as more annoying then anything. I dunno... Maybe it was all the drugs? Perhaps without them he would have been another funny actor who when not acting is a pretty cool guy as apposed to a very annoying man who is always trying to be on.
Old 11-10-09, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dogmatica
It's hard to tell if Val Kilmer is 100% kidding or not in his commentary on Spartan because every once in a while he talks about David Mamet as if he was really frustrated with his process. Could be completely tongue-in-cheek, though.
David Mamet comes up a couple times on Dinner for Five, and I could see his process frustrating a lot of actors. He is extremely precise with his words, most of the scripts are written in verse and changing a single word is supposedly not acceptable to him.
Old 11-11-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseVendors
David Mamet comes up a couple times on Dinner for Five, and I could see his process frustrating a lot of actors. He is extremely precise with his words, most of the scripts are written in verse and changing a single word is supposedly not acceptable to him.
He even scripts every pause in the delivery of the line, as well as every "um" or "ah" between words.